Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a tunnel on the Ring of Kerry?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

No, no tunnel. The only thing I can think of that might be mistaken from that height would be the old railway bridge not far outside of Kells. But even then the road doesn't cross under that, so I'm not sure where you're coming from.

The ViaMichelin map doesn't load for me on the link you provide.

As a matter of fact, the only tunnel I can think of on the Ring would be on the Kenmare to Killarney road travelling from the south just on the outskirts of the Killarney National Park, and thats just a tiny thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Michelin map didnt load for me either. I was never very good at the old map symbol reading but I doubt I would have spotted that. No tunnel there to the best of my knowledge, unless like Aidan said its rail related, but I dont think so.

Strange one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Victor wrote:
    Is there a tunnel on the Ring of Kerry, between Cahirsiveen and Glenbeigh?

There are a couple of old disused railway tunnels running parallel to the road on that section of road in your map.
    That's a few miles from Glenbeigh on the Cahirciveen side but there's no tunnel on the actual road itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is there perhaps an overbridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Yep, there's a road bridge on that section of road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What for? Is it road over road?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

It looks like top secrept government strategical cocaine railway :-)

Advertisement