Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spotting at EIDW

• 03-07-2007 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Il be up on Sat, will anybody be around?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

What would you see besides a few light aircraft and an ATR or two? Is there anything exotic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

You know im on about Dublin Intl right?? I want to see if i can catch the Air Contractors C-130 Herc, i believe she is based in Dublin Intl ( EIDW ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Arg, mixing my ICAOs there! I saw EIDW and leapt to the conclusion that it was EIWF! Silly me!

Btw, there may well be some chaps from this forum there on Saturday, one or two seem to always be hopping across for some photage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Gablin

Well, nowadays I spend a lot of time at EIDW, but I still haven't seen the L-100.

I'd show you around if I wasn't going working in *a certain MCD event undiscussable here* on Saturday......

If you're around Friday afternoon, let me know.......

Ah crap im just up on Sat, heading back to Galway on Sunday, another day perhaps?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Didnt Air Contractors sell the L100?

Even still- you wont see any cargo aircraft operating on a Saturday! they all operate at night on weekdays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Steyr wrote:
    You know im on about Dublin Intl right?? I want to see if i can catch the Air Contractors C-130 Herc, i believe she is based in Dublin Intl ( EIDW ).

Is this the same one ? .....

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1068951/L/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Gablin

Steyr wrote:
    Ah crap im just up on Sat, heading back to Galway on Sunday, another day perhaps?:)

Absolutely, I'm here all summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

hobie wrote:

what are the yokes between the engines that look like rockets? :o:confused:

Hi Jon,

Welcome to the Board, those "Rockets" are fuel tanks. Then again if you were an Anti War nut you would say they are "Bombs" on their way to murder people in Iraq......:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Thanks mate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭catchup

Not a C-130. Air Contractors use a Safair L100-30 which is a stretched civilian version of the C-130. This aircraft was probably previously on the Sao Tome register when it operated in Angola for Transakrik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Didnt Air Contractors sell the L100?

Even still- you wont see any cargo aircraft operating on a Saturday! they all operate at night on weekdays

The Air France cargo plane (747) used to fly in on a Saturday, not sure if it still does though.

Advertisement