Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ROH's First PPV - Watch This

• 03-07-2007 2:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

There's a link to ROH's first ppv, Respect is Earned, in the video thread here. This was taped a couple of months back and debuted on some American ppv providers over the weekend. I was watching it earlier but I haven't gotten round to finishing yet, so I can't post all my thoughts on it. But what I've seen so far is excellent

It's the perfect show for someone who's never seen ROH before to watch to get a taste of what they're about. The commentators take more time than they usually would to talk about who a wrestler is and what he does, which is great for introducing new fans to the promotion and the wrestlers

Since I'm a fan of ROH already and there's not that many ROH fans on the board, I think some of you might appreciate the words of people who hadn't seen ROH before they saw this show. So from PWInsider.com, the only feedback they've gotten on this ppv so far:
    I just watched the Respect is Earned PPV. It is the first time I had even sampled the ROH product and now I am hooked. Every match kept me on the end of my seat especially the Briscoes match; those guys are just awesome.

The main reason I ordered this was to get a look at this guy everyone is talking about and that is The American Dragon Bryan Danielson. This guy is unbelievable and to me, he seems to have one of the top heel personas going. I have been reading on the net about all the great matches he has had in the past, so now my money is going for ROH DVD's.

In closing, one other reason why I loved this so much is that they put me back in high spirits with wrestling just when I was about to give up after the Benoit tragedy. They reminded me why I was a wrestling fan, and that is the fun and excitement of watching a real wrestling match. ROH saved wrestling for me and truly earned my respect.

Thanks

Kevin Buckler
    Chynthiana, Kentucky
    Count me in as one of the people watching ROH for the first time tonight.

All I can say is wow! What a show. The tag match with the Briscoe Brothers was off the charts. Roderick Storm is a great heel. Morishima is a great champion and reminds me of Terry Gordy. Marafuji was very impressive as was Romero. The production was definitely below that of WWE, but that is to be expected. The announcing was very good and helped explained who the characters were and the history between guys, One thing I liked was that each character was identified with a graphic, so you knew who they were.

The crowd heat was reminiscent of ECW and shows that there is still a base for good wrestling in this country without stupid gimmicks, exploding limos or Snitsky.

I will be ordering ROH DVD’s. Any recommendations as to where to start? Both historical and the “best” ones to get?

Tom Mehs

Basically, my words to all the people who've never gotten into ROH before would be to give this show a shot. You've got nothing to lose!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

nice one fozzy, watching now, everyone needs to give this a chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

cheers fozzy, that's my afternoon sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

thanks foz.....
    I agree with fozzy that alot of people on here don't seem to watch ROH.For those of you that have never seen it,you have to at least watch a few of their shows and you will love it.By the sounds of it,their first ppv seemed to have been awesome so maybe start there.
    It just shows that you don't have to be big to be a good wrestler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Will have a look at this then as my man Fozzy is usually right on things like this :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I have been a casual watcher of ROH for a couple years. Im always very impressed with the quality of the wrestling on show. The story is told in the ring and its awesome. Will definatly be watching this tonight when I get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I just finished watching the full show and I have to say it was really great. I'd definitely recommend it to any wrestling fan
    Best match for me would be the Marufuji vs Rocky Romero match, I just loved it. The way they built it up was brilliant, you could hear the crowd getting louder and louder right up to the very end. Great showing by both of them

The Briscoes had an excellent match again, no surprises there. I loved the brawl afterwards

I think Delirious is probably one of the best faces around, he's just the sort of guy who you have to cheer. Main event was good, they were able to show the title story well too. All these guys have been in better matches than that match though, but it was nice to see Danielson back

The two promos backstage were cool. Adam Pearce is great on the mic, seems sort of like a Raven character he's got going on now. The production was nice, with the clips of guys during the entrances and the new camera on the ring

All in all, a great wrestling show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

That flying armbar off the top rope in the second match was sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Re Delirious, while I am a big fan, I do find that his schtick will get fairly tiresome fairly quickly, and his gimmick will not allow him to really move up the card with any credibility. Which is a pity, as he is one of the best pure wrestlers around.

My hope is that he eventually fueds with Albright, who will win the fued, knocking sense into him, and voila, new character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Cheers Fozzy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Good review of this I just read here: http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/3858/105/

Anyone who hasn't watched this yet really should!

• Advertisement
Advertisement