Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website time -v- vBulletin time

Options
  • 03-07-2007 4:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭

Front page says it is both 3:17 and 4:17. :eek::)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Do you ever sleep Victor ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

This has been mentioned many times nozerob

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm getting the same thing now. Everthing I post appears as if I posted an hour before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Loads of threads I just posted on are all over the shop. I replied before even the thread was created.

Was it just switched? One thread I just posted on is a bit odd.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055115949

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

This post by me appears to has a time-stamp an hour earlier than when I posted it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53527884&postcount=2451

I posted it at 18.21 and it shows as 17.21 along with appearing to have been posted earlier than the posts that were already posted before I wrote the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Same happening to me in a few threads. See be-low

176455825965636396052188_untitled.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

same happening here. if you look, you'll see I am quoting posts that dont even seem to be made yet. either I've got very good instincts or something weird is up !

in case it helps - this all seems to be related to quoting posts. if you qoute a previous quote, things get messed up. if not, all appears ok. at least thats what I've found. hope that helps

m_stan wrote:
    in case it helps - this all seems to be related to quoting posts. if you qoute a previous quote, things get messed up. if not, all appears ok. at least thats what I've found. hope that helps

Nope, mine didn't contain the quote tags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I'm also posting in the past
    Some kind of temporal rift?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Hehe sorry guys.

This is fixed now, combination of too many servers and not all of them running NTP. All the servers have internally consistant time.

If you hate what's on the front page, like Victor above, go to your UserCP and fiddle with your DST settings.

Check the attached image for more details.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm also posting in the past
    Some kind of temporal rift?

I've figured it out. Our posts aren't going an hour into the past (that's impossible). They're actually going 9999 years and 364 days and 23 hours in to the future but because of the y10k bug (which could never be fixed and led to the destruction of mankind by an army of spoons) it actually appears that they are going an hour into the past.

I've figured it out. Our posts aren't going an hour into the past (that's impossible). They're actually going 9999 years and 364 days and 23 hours in to the future but because of the y10k bug (which could never be fixed and led to the destruction of mankind by an army of spoons) it actually appears that they are going an hour into the past.

a fine analysis of the situation. I never would have thought of it, but it's all so obvious now.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

regi wrote:
    Hehe sorry guys.

This is fixed now, combination of too many servers and not all of them running NTP. All the servers have internally consistant time.

If you hate what's on the front page, like Victor above, go to your UserCP and fiddle with your DST settings.

Check the attached image for more details.
    Apologies, I thought that was a separate problem.

I have DST on automatic.

Regi, cake?

Advertisement