Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Online

Options
  • 03-07-2007 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Tesco online take the biscuit. Every week when I make an order I get a phone call the next day from a foreign chap, same guy each week, telling me my credit card has bounced.

Each time I say to him - I bet that you have "XX" as the digit instead of "YY".
    He says yes. It is a problem with their website,and of course the memory of the chap on the end of the line.

I suggested this time that he contact their IT dept and get it resolved

"Uh, its nothing to do with me" - and he suggests giving ME a phone number to resolve their issue!

They are such incompetent gits in Tesco online! I'll leave the story about delivering and charging for 6 bags of oranges not requested to another day!
    None of their shops would refund the 20 euros!
    They are a shower of eejets

Super quinn here I come!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I used them once, and I got a call the next day from one of their shops asking me to confirm my credit card details, which I did, but I wasn't too happy about having too.

What a bunch of idiots Tesco are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭UsedtobePC

Whenever I use them I always, and I stress ALWAYS, get something I didn't order like the time they gave me 4 boxes of assorted cereals, a 5kg sack of potatoes and 3 cauliflowers, not exactly what I had in mind for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

When you try to email them you get the following ...

Online Tesco UK (online@tesco.co.uk) on 03/07/2007 10:33
    There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
    <exch1.ho.ti.ukroi.tesco.org #5.5.0 smtp;521 ieapp012.ho.ti.ukroi.tesco.org does not accept mail>

What a shower of wasters ....

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭hamiltron

We used to use them a bit a couple of years back (during special offers of free delivery) and had more of an issue with items that were charged for not being delivered (you really have to do a checklist when they deliver).

The credit card issue sounds like a simple thing for their IT guys to fix, if only someone would tell them - that's the problem with outsourcing and over-specialization - without a proper structure in place, you lose communication between departments.

I would just be a bit wary of giving my credit card details to someone that called me (as opposed to someone that I had called). How can you be sure that they are who they say they are? I guess it is unlikely that someone would be able to get personal details of Tesco online shoppers, but you never know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I've never understood why people would buy food and stuff online. You won't get the best dates. The fruit and veg they pick might be the worst of the pack and so on. It's only a spin down to the shop once a week like!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

The fruit & veg from Tescos in the 10 or 11 times I've used them online, has always been fine.

If you enjoy walking around with a trolley picking up spuds then good for you. Others have better things to do like living.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've never understood why people would buy food and stuff online. You won't get the best dates. The fruit and veg they pick might be the worst of the pack and so on. It's only a spin down to the shop once a week like!

Simple reason - parents on the other side of the city that are old and cannot shop for themselves. Spin down the road for you while you are young .. like! Better things to do than sit on the M50 and deliver myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Not everyone drives either.

Advertisement