Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the most awesome thing about 2142?

Options
  • 03-07-2007 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

the lazors that go pow pow

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Wow sounds just like counterstrike !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

you are correct reverend hellfire it does look just like counterstrike only with the future and walkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

The most awesome thing about 2142 for "me" is that I dont have it installed on my PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

When I uninstalled it was my best moment at 2142

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i really like 2142 :(

• Advertisement

The most awesome thing about 2142 for "me" is that I dont have it installed on my PC.

well this was originally a thread about an interesting HL2 mod called insurgency which has been described as Operation flashpoint meets BF2 (hence positng it here) but due to smart alecy answers i figured id just talk about how amazing 2142 and its lazors are etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Are there lazers in BF2142 ?? :p

My fave thing is...the shiny helmet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

When I forgot my account details and didn't bother re-installing it. There are better bf2 mods out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

When I uninstalled it as well. I just could not get into it at all.

ETQW in its beta state walks all over 2142 in its "so called" finished state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yes..that 1 map is still exciting after a week :confused: ....cough cough

Even though i aint the biggest fan of BF2142, its still better than ETQW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

tbh I'd play 2142 over ETQW, but thats just me. *walks out on yet *ANOTHER* pointless bashing thread*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

ETQW in its beta state walks all over 2142 in its "so called" finished state.

You have'nt even installed 2142 so how do you know? So Shush.

Agree with vialli, pointless. Best part is titan, the other teams pretty much made crap of your titan, their shields drop you rush with others take down their consoles and core to win.

Well its like this. I got 2142 free from EA, as did a number of clan members. I installed it and played it and thought it was ****e, and promptly uninstalled it.

"Shush" lmfao, I can rant as much as I want about what is clearly a crap game, echoed my most of the other responders to this thread. When someone says something you don't agree with or want to hear, its not pointless, its just that you need to realize others don't see things your way.

Anytime I've posted about 2142 its "my" views I'm posting and not attacking anyone else's.

Spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

You have'nt even installed 2142 so how do you know? So

I think he has mainly because I played with him before:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

ye should all play graw2 nevermind that bf2/2142 or ETQW stuff..... ;)

Dont you start ;)

Well its like this. I got 2142 free from EA, as did a number of clan members. I installed it and played it and thought it was ****e, and promptly uninstalled it.

"Shush" lmfao, I can rant as much as I want about what is clearly a crap game, echoed my most of the other responders to this thread. When someone says something you don't agree with or want to hear, its not pointless, its just that you need to realize others don't see things your way.

Anytime I've posted about 2142 its "my" views I'm posting and not attacking anyone else's.

Spin.

I want to punch you in the face for the ****e you spout !

We've known your feelings on 2142 for god knows now long, why do you persist in posting on it again and again and again? We get it, move on, go find something else to rant about. It not that hard to stop yourself from clicking the reply button.

Likewise I'm fed up coming to this section of boards to see your 2142 fanboi comments, it works both ways. As for you Anti, grow up, making threats like that is so childish.

I've PM'd you on IRC there as well, reply when you get a chance old boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Winters wrote:
    Mod Time

I know both of you and you two little arguing schoolgirls shall oneday resolve your issues. I know it in my heart and in my loins.

Am I the only one here that finds that comment slightly ... disturbing ?

On a more serious (on topic) note: if I reinstall HL2 to play this mod, exactly how much pain can I expect from steam? is it still the same steaming (no pun intended) pile o' poo that I remember ?

Any BF2 players played this yet ? how does it compare to BF2 mods ? (POE splrings to mind).

WTF! This is supposed to be at the *end* of the thread. Bold boards! Now. Dont. Do.It. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

V!alli wrote:
    It not that hard to stop yourself from clicking the reply button.

Thats what I thought 10,000 posts ago.
    0ubliette wrote:
    well this was originally a thread about an interesting HL2 mod called insurgency which has been described as Operation flashpoint meets BF2 (hence positng it here)

Download: http://www.fileplanet.com/178666/download/Half-Life-2---Insurgency-Client-Beta-v1

If this thread was to do with a HL2 mod it should be posted in the Half Life forum, not the battlefield forum. No matter how much the mod may be "similar" to battlefield, it is not part of the battlefield series.

Mod Note:
    On a side note, Yes some people hate 2142, others love it. TheFairy posted his views on the game which we all know by now, if you don't like them then just ignore it. Anti watch out for personal abuse..

Any more personal insults or off topic posts and i shall be locking the thrad..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

probably no harder than it is to not go to the bother of starting yet another "i dont like this game and neither should you" thread.....

best thing for me? the rewards of teamplay. Its great when you get a good, forward thinking squad leader (or squad members in your squad) and act as a team. I also like the variety in playing styles the kits afford you.

I dont like BTs crap BB connection that lost me connection 6 times in an hour last night - though I was able to log back on to the same server and continue with my already hard-won points.

Insurgency looks interesting. may give it a look, though I wasnt too impressed with HL2 deathmatch. (probably just bad connection speed though). - be sure that if I do try it and dont like it I shall spam the HL forum with plenty of "I dont like this" threads 'cos I have sooo much time with nothing to do....

I agree with Vialli that from what I have seen , I will prefer 2142 to ET:QW but I'll reserve judgement on that until I play it. Not going to bother with the Demo. As 2142 proved, the demo experience can vary vastly from the finished game.

Likewise I'm fed up coming to this section of boards to see your 2142 fanboi comments, it works both ways. As for you Anti, grow up, making threats like that is so childish.

I've PM'd you on IRC there as well, reply when you get a chance old boy.

Rightio old bean !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 missireland

Anti wrote:
    Rightio old bean !

Anti who the **** are you, how about you keep your mouth shut and yes 2142 is ****ing ****e and that is a fact not an opinion.

C U @ LAN !!!1!!1one
    ZOMG Wint0rz loves it up the wrong 'un
    <snip>

p.s Is that yore missus there hairy?

I'm not a "fanboi" of 2142 in the slightest, the game is by no means perfect, I've often had a rant or two about the game, mostly on the n00bs that populate the servers, but I dont jump into EVERY 2142 thread and moan about it.

If ya dont like it, fine, I really couldn't give a ****e if ya do or not, quite frankly I couldn't give a ****e about what ya like or dislike in general, but its getting beyond annoying having people hijack and/or create bashing 2142 threads to amuse themselves.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Daahahahahahaha
    I havent seen anything this entertaining in a while!
    And for the record, I bought 2142 a few days ago and im hooked, such a good game!

in b4 lock :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 missireland

Anti wrote:
    in b4 lock :)

This just shows how much of a ****ing child you are anti now go **** yourself

Advertisement