Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the most awesome thing about 2142?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Skillz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ah dammit, I had a nice responce about in after opening but.... Ah well. Cest la vie and all that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

This just shows how much of a ****ing child you are anti now go **** yourself
    You actually went through the effort of signing up just to spout this crap?
    Man you are more stupid then I gave you credit for...wait I didn't you you any credit. Point proven.

GaRtH_V wrote:
    You actually went through the effort of signing up just to spout this crap?
    Man you are more stupid then I gave you credit for...wait I didn't you you any credit. Point proven.

Mise hero <3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Mod Time
    "missireland" banned for blatant signing up and flaming/personal abuse etc.

TheFairy and Anti, I know both of you and you two little arguing schoolgirls shall oneday resolve your issues. I know it in my heart and in my loins. Im not banning either of you as I know you shall both calm down and get back to normal. Although take this as a last warning.

Now please, we know a lot of people like/dont like 2142, but don't go giving out about someone else's opinion. Infact, why not reply with carefully constructed points and rip their agruement to shreads.

In layman terms, any more personal insults/threats by anyone and you shall get a months ban ban.

No more on this, now play fair children.

• Advertisement

Me and hairy are sorted. Done worry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 molc

*le sigh* Glad to see boards is the bastion of maturity as ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ye should all play graw2 nevermind that bf2/2142 or ETQW stuff..... ;)

ye should all play graw2 nevermind that bf2/2142 or ETQW stuff..... ;)

Dont you start :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

LoLth wrote:

On a more serious (on topic) note: if I reinstall HL2 to play this mod, exactly how much pain can I expect from steam? is it still the same steaming (no pun intended) pile o' poo that I remember ?

Any BF2 players played this yet ? how does it compare to BF2 mods ? (POE splrings to mind).

WTF! This is supposed to be at the *end* of the thread. Bold boards! Now. Dont. Do.It. Again.

Aye i installed it alst night. Its a very polished mod, the charachter models are impressive, but the level of detail in the maps and the weapon sounds/ironsights takes the cake. The guns and the noise of a firefight happening down the road from you all sound ultra-realistic.
    Its nothing like BF2, if anything, it exposes just how much of a pure arcade shooter BF2 is, if you want realism, insurgency is for you. The weapons all work for one thing, if you run around a corner face to face with an enemy, they wont be dolphin diving around you or bunnyhopping. Its literally one or two shots, firefight over, and either youre dead, or the enemy is.
    The weapons feel meatier and pack more of a punch than those in bf2, mainly because they actually work. You wont have to spend an entire clip shooting someone in the face to take them down.
    If you try to rambo, you will die. Die horribly. This is a game that absolutely FORCES you to work as a team. Its got some bugs that need ironing out, but has massive, massive potential, for anyone who wants a serious modern day shooter.
    Id actually say TIG would like this game as it does feel like how i kind of expected BF2 would be before its release. Its inf only with weapons that work, with graphics that are actually easily comprabale to BF2.
    Also apologies for ruining this thread by changing the title in the first place.. :D

• Advertisement

few screenshots from in game
    ins_karkar0017.jpg

ins_haditha0007.jpg

insalmaden0007ey9.jpg

Installed this last night, looks and feels very good, steep learning curve though. We'll have a passworded server up today.

TiG Server up now, though need to tweak it later. 82.195.136.136:27015 pass "crabman".

apparrently there are 2 maps that cause servers to crash that should be taken out of rotation. I forget the names but its in the insurgency thread on the half life board.
    Yep, learning curve is absolutely massive, but getting even one kill in this game really feels like an acheivement :D

Yeah there is a fix in the works. I'll need to take the server down at some stage to add in an admin plugin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

The Gunships.

My, my the gunships are fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Played a few rounds of it the other night. Quite enjoyable once you get the hang of it.

Although, im not sure if my laptop is up to the power required. Twas somewhat jumpy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Winters wrote:
    Played a few rounds of it the other night.

Winters plays games :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Been playing 2142 a while now.. I think it's sufficiently unrealistic to be fun :) BF2 always seems sort of tedious by comparison, and I just never got hooked by HL2..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

The amazing HUD/Map system.

The combination of NetBat and the plethora of teamwork related points make BF2142 insane fun to play with a few other lads on vent.

Got it a week and a half ago and I'm ridiculously hooked, dying to play it all day long in work. Baur FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Get Insurgency lads... Go to the half life forum now!!!! lol

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

2142.......... Same **** different day !

Advertisement