Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone bill query ?

• 03-07-2007 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭

Basically I swapped networks and had no problem about 1 and a half months ago. I got my first bill and I assumed it would be taken by direct debit as I gave all my details in the store to the guy and he said it would come out on a certain date every month.

So I get a call on Friday from them saying I didn't pay the bill and that my bank rejected access to my account.I apologised and told them I would fix it with the bank but when I rang the bank they said no one tried to take money out.

So I rang back the phone company back and explained what the bank said where they now change their story to they think they have the wrong account no. for me. So I give them my details again from the same card I gave the guy in the shop.

Then they ask me to pay my last months bill where I say take it out of my account I have given you the details.They said they cant as they can only do it once a month and would I go down to the bank and pay off the bill as I had given the wrong details to the guy in the shop.(This got me mad as I had not given him the wrong details)

So I said no I wont go to the bank and that they could take out the money from my account and I have no problems with this. Anyway we were getting no where with this conversation when I said well just take out the 2 months bill on the next due date on the 11th July. He said he can't do that.
    So the guy said that they would stop all my outgoing calls and text etc etc untill I pay the bill in the bank.

My question is...am I being just pig headed and should just bite my lip and go down and pay in the bank or should I hold my ground and wait till the 11th July?

By the way the barred all my outgoing calls this morning.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Pretty much the same thing happened to me when I changed over to a contract. My first months bill wasn't taken from my account and I got a letter saying I was behind in my payments. However wehn I rang them the guy I was talking to was lovely and looked at my account, double-checked my bank details and then said someone had forgotten to tick a box and apologised. He said I'd have to go down to the bank to pay the bill as it was gone past the date they could take dd out and I intended to but just before I went down I checked my online banking and it had gone through so I rang them back and they were just as surprised as I was but it had definitely gone through and been paid.

If I were you I'd check your account and if it hasn't gone out just pay it... what's the use of hanging around not able to use your phone? Yes it was their mistake but for the sake of being stubborn it's really not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

I can see your frustration. You gave them your correct bank account details but you have to allow for human error. The rep in store could have taken them down incorrectly or they could have been entered into the system incorrectly.

The fact remains that because your direct debit failed your account is now overdue. Companies can only apply for a direct debit on a certain date each month so it will be impossible for them to re-apply now even though the details have now been ammended.

The only thing you can do in this instance is make a manual payment for this month and make sure that the direct debit details are correct for next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Yeah I think you are both right. I think I was just being a bit of an a$$ really esp. when they said it was my fault in the first place. I will go on my lunch break tomorrow to sort it out as I need to make calls !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

This happened me about 4 yrs ago, when I changed from o2 to voda, the guy in the shop completly screwed up the dd form, so when they rang and said that the form was wrong, I said fine, I'll pay it, but since your staff member in the shop didn't fill in the form correctly, I'll only pay by cash, not by direct debit, and it's been like that ever since!

Advertisement