Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Sign Superstar (error)

• 03-07-2007 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Quote from the BBC website:

"Everton's official website had the club's fans in raptures after announcing the signature of Argentine superstar Juan Roman Riquelme, ony for disappointment to hammer home when it was revealed the story was untrue and had been part of some test data which had been displayed in error."

Anyone else see this?? i think its hilarious, my mate (everton supporter) rang me last night hurling abuse and singing about riquelme.

Of course i rang him back this morning and laughed for about 5 minutes at him:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

covering it up as an error was the funniest part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

saw that alright

oh well... they might get nugent yet....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭keltoms

zabbo wrote:
    covering it up as an error was the funniest part.

just jealous u never got a phonecall ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I seen this yesterday but it was only on the site for about 20 mins or so I reckon.

Ah well it could be worse.....it could be a "six times winners" bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

is a '0 times winners' bus worse?

I reckon so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

is a '0 times winners' bus worse?

I reckon so

I dont think such a bus exists !;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,425 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ciaran76 wrote:
    I dont think such a bus exists !;)
    Man City might have - it was prepared as part of their plans to celebrate 30 odd years without a trophy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

ciaran76 wrote:

Ah well it could be worse.....it could be a "six times winners" bus.

That bus could be useful next year, or maybe the year after.

Advertisement