Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems Viewing Forum(s)

Options
  • 03-07-2007 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Had a few people contact me saying they were getting can't access the Eve Online forum. Says they don't have access, I thought it was a public forum though? I've added them to the allowed access list to see if that'll fix it. :D
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I have access, looks public to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Nope, no problems here. I blame Yer MA.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Getting error messages when I use the IP address to access boards, it pops up a login window to adverts.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Same here (with the adverts log-in. I'm on boards.ie not adverts.ie)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Can't see any reason why those three can't access that forum. No cat bans in place.

Maybe get them to post on the helpdesk with the messages they're getting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

gandalf wrote:
    Getting error messages when I use the IP address to access boards, it pops up a login window to adverts.ie?

Don't use the IP address - the only supported way of using boards right now is to use 'www.boards.ie' for the load balancer.

That means no IP addresses, no www-svr-3, no pie, no statler, no muppet - just 'www.boards.ie' or 'www.adverts.ie' for adverts. Everything else can lead to wierd things happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Bah how else am I going to "mask" my usage. IP's tend to be missed by the powers that be.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

We're going to put something in for those workplaces that aren't so fond of boards.ie, but right now, our first effort has to be towards managing the general load on the site.

Advertisement