Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evening Courses in Kilkenny

• 03-07-2007 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I have a few hours to spare every evening and I want to spend it learning something new. Can anyone recommend an evening class of any type? Open to anything including languages, arts, sports.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Hi
    The VEC will advertise courses in September, but the quality does vary. I remember having to do TAS books and itwas a waste of time the tutor was literally reading from a manual .

Jerry Moran runs creative writing courses, which always intrigued me but classed with other class night (being a veteran of both taking and tutoring night classes)

They are a great idea but if new to it I'd not tak on one with a big commitment - e.g the JEB diploma in ICT teaching is an enormous amount of work over the five month period.

I think there is a website that lists evening classe sbut off hand I don't know it.

I know also Word Aid will be looking for volunteer tutor but I guess thats a reversal of what you are looking for .

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭quxuik

Thx a lot! I am still waiting for more information!
    People!! ;) How do you spend your free time like??

I am from Poland and I miss many things which I used to do there...
    Propobly I will find somethink to do here but I need your help becouse you know this town better than me;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

quxuik wrote:
    Thx a lot! I am still waiting for more information!
    People!! ;) How do you spend your free time like??

I am from Poland and I miss many things which I used to do there...
    Propobly I will find somethink to do here but I need your help becouse you know this town better than me;)

What did you do in Poland? Have you done a search to see if there is a similar thing here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

There is also the new Pitmann training centre near the McDonagh station.

www.genesisbusinesscollege.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Part-time / evening third level options in Kilkenny ...

http://kilkenny.nuim.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Sorry for re-opening an old thread. But it's asking the exact question I am.

Just wondering if anyone came across more evening or part-time courses available in Kilkenny? Preferably computer-based but am open to suggestions.
    The NUI maynooth Campus looks good but not exactly the courses I had in mind.

Thanks in advance ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

You're a few weeks too late to enrol in the night classes held by the VEC. Click here for the information page. They run them all over again in January so keep your eye on their website or the local paper.

Other than that, I don't know. There's a list of courses on Nightcourses.com which may or may not inspire you. I'm kicking myself for not keeping a closer eye on the paper and the date - these autumn evenings are a bit too long for my liking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Firetrap wrote: »
    You're a few weeks too late to enrol in the night classes held by the VEC. Click here for the information page. They run them all over again in January so keep your eye on their website or the local paper.

Other than that, I don't know. There's a list of courses on Nightcourses.com which may or may not inspire you. I'm kicking myself for not keeping a closer eye on the paper and the date - these autumn evenings are a bit too long for my liking

Some good links there firetrap, thanks. I really should have queried this two months ago. :rolleyes:
    Might have a look at some online courses... just to beef up my CV!

Advertisement