Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Game returns...Soon!

• 03-07-2007 10:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

So with the return of Triple H expected soon,
    Especially after RAW last night.
    , who do people think he will feud with?

My money is on Misssterrr Keennnnedy (....Kennedy!!). I would have said Orton, but it seems Triple H has poo-pooed all over the idea. So, I think Kennedy will be the guy. Although, WWE.com seem to be pushing towards a Lashley/HHH feud.

Who will feud with Triple H when he returns? 28 votes

John Cena (11 time champ sounds good!)
    0%
    Bobby Lashley
    25%
    Mossy MonkGlenmanchopperbyrneKeith CPrufrockIm_No_Superman8k2q1gfcz9s5d4 7 votes
    Randy Orton
    17%
    evad_lhorgRoarDanger_DaveTricity BendixMinto 5 votes
    King Booker
    46%
    V9Mr.Nice GuyShawnRavenStalfosJonny ArsonDayshaHorseRadishThe Sparrownacho libregaz15Double CkronsingtonSpud83 13 votes
    Edge (I know he is on SmackDown!, but he was there when HHH got injured)
    7%
    MikeHonchoeggplantman 2 votes
    Other (Explain)
    3%
    keithkk16 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Minto wrote:
    So with the return of Triple H expected soon,
    Especially after RAW last night.
    , who do people think he will feud with?

My money is on Misssterrr Keennnnedy (....Kennedy!!). I would have said Orton, but it seems Triple H has poo-pooed all over the idea. So, I think Kennedy will be the guy. Although, WWE.com seem to be pushing towards a Lashley/HHH feud.
    Kennedy did some jobbing last night on RAW, losing to Super Crazy in 10 seconds in a beat the clock match - makes him look like an idiot; so i don't know what they are going to do with him.

I still think it will be Orton, the WWE have put a lot of effort in to building him as a cold, calculating, legend killer in recent weeks - kind of a young HHH, apparently cause HHH wanted it. I reckon it will be him
    particularly given that Lashley is up against Cena at GAB for the title, so it looks like it will be Cena and Lashley for the title come Summer Slam too, so Orton will have little to do around then (can't see a Kennedy vs Orton fued as both are similar charactors)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

King Booker
    H will be going after Orton when he comes back, as he was feuding with Orton when he got injured and Orton has been built up recently. Looks like Orton is also getting a meaningless feud/match for the GBA, where he will bury/injure another wrestler like he did to RVD/HBK. This will build Orton up even more.

Once he has buried Orton he will go straight into the title picture. Either way we can expect to have RAW returned to the Triple H show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

King Booker
    from wrestlezone, usually a fairly reliable website

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=185404167

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Boo to HHH coming back - this is going to get very boring, very quickly

I would much prefer him doing an angle like he is climbing the mountain again - working his way up, wrestling on Heat, and lower down the card, etc - actually justifying him getting his top card place again - plus it may actually keep him fresh for a couple of months if they do it right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Boo to HHH coming back - this is going to get very boring, very quickly

I would much prefer him doing an angle like he is climbing the mountain again - working his way up, wrestling on Heat, and lower down the card, etc - actually justifying him getting his top card place again - plus it may actually keep him fresh for a couple of months if they do it right

Would love to see that too but I don't see it happening!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

from wrestlezone, usually a fairly reliable website

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=185404167

I would love to see that....Im a big Orton fan these days:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

King Booker
    I'm actually looking forward to HHH coming back to RAW, he's been missed and maybe it'll be the end of the John f'n Cena show once and for all, kiddie free wrestling sounds good to me! :D

As for him climbing back to the top of the mountain. Do people actually realise he's spent about 18 months away from the top of the mountain? People bitch when he's overexposed and they bitch when he's not. Always happy, never satisfied! :rolleyes:

A feud with Orton would be good too as Orton wasn't quite ready the last time and he sucks as a face.

VR!

As for him climbing back to the top of the mountain. Do people actually realise he's spent about 18 months away from the top of the mountain? People bitch when he's overexposed and they bitch when he's not. Always happy, never satisfied! :rolleyes:

Absolutely - the guy has been away and you guess that right away he will be back in the title hunt? We have seen this countless times - HHH is away, comes back, right into the title hunt - now call me a bitch, but I find that very boring, very predictable and crap

As for overexposed - yup he has been overexposed over the past few years - most of it has been good for wrestling - however that "most" cannot apologise enough for the tripe, crap and downright stupidity of what we have been exposed too - because of HHH.

As for not being overexposed - when was the last time that actually happened?

King Booker
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    As for not being overexposed - when was the last time that actually happened?

2006 when John Cena would come out and hog 20-25 minutes at the start of RAW with his boring promos :)

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Bobby Lashley
    I'd like to see him get the title again. Then again I think Cena has to lose the feckin thing some time so why not now? I'd have preferred HBK to be the champ for a while but that's not going to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I want to see HHH given a lengthy run as a bad ass face. Every time he is a face they either turn him really quick or have him go to the goofy DX persona. I want to see him as his more aggresive heel persona but in a face role. Keep him out of the title picture for the time being. Have him feud with Booker for a while I think.

King Booker
    MikeHoncho wrote:
    Have him feud with Booker for a while I think.

Aw dude, tell me you're kidding. That feud and match at Mania XIX was god awful :( Do you REALLY want to see that again? King of Kings vs King Of Harlem?, i can't see it working!

VR!

King Booker
    Since cena is facing lashley, and orton is facing seems to going against Rhodes at least for the GBA who does this leave kennedy and booker to feud with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

King Booker
    Hopefully its Randy Orton that he feuds with... whoever it is they are going to be jobbed badly to HHH so out of that list Orton and Lashley are the only two that I would be quite pleased to see HHH run through. And it is obviously not going to be Lashley so up steps Orton... I hope they have been building him up as of late as a sacrificial lamb for HHH!

When's HBK back? They'll probably have the 5 yearly DX split where HHH beats the píss outta him for no reason whatsoever!

Aw dude, tell me you're kidding. That feud and match at Mania XIX was god awful :( Do you REALLY want to see that again? King of Kings vs King Of Harlem?, i can't see it working!

VR!

Seriosly man that match was 4 years ago. It would have a whole new dynamic now with HHH as the face and Booker as the heel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Firstly I think that it is only a matter of time before John Cena loses his title.If you look at alot of house shows recently,the main even has most of the time involved Orton and Cena and there have been even many Cena vs Orton matches.
    I think that we will soon have a Cena Orton rivalry that will result in Orton winning the title at Summerslam at the earliest.Hopefully by the time this rivalry is over we will see Cena as a heel..
    As for HHH,before putting him in the main event picture,I think that he will have a brief rivalry with the likes of booker or lashley before moving onto the main event picture which should go all the way to after wrestlemania 24

King Booker
    MikeHoncho wrote:
    Seriosly man that match was 4 years ago. It would have a whole new dynamic now with HHH as the face and Booker as the heel.

Also put into the equations that they have both been out twice with serious injuries since then and are shadows of the workers they were then too!

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I like to watch Booker a lot more these days than I did back then

I see HHH jumping straight into a feud with Kennedy though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

King Booker

Let's take a closer look at this though - in 2006 he brought Edge's first title reign to an abrupt halt by pushing heavily for Cena/HHH at WM22 and, had he not suffered an injury at New Year's Revolution, it would have been Cena/HHH AGAIN at WM23.

That's why people bitch about him being overexposed.

With the exception of WM23 where injury kept him off the show, he has been involved in world title matches on the company's biggest show from WM18 through to WM22. That's five Wrestlemanias in a row. Hogan didn't have that many and he is on another planet to Triple H in terms of popularity.

HHH is a good wrestler that is hyped up to unbelievable levels making him seem better than he really is. When he returns he will destroy Orton and run through everybody else culminating in ANOTHER main event match at WM24. It's so predictable.

• Advertisement

Also put into the equations that they have both been out twice with serious injuries since then and are shadows of the workers they were then too!

VR!

OK il put it to you this way. Who would you rather see HHH bury when he comes back? Kennedy, Orton or Booker?

King Booker
    MikeHoncho wrote:
    OK il put it to you this way. Who would you rather see HHH bury when he comes back? Kennedy, Orton or Booker?

Orton in a heartbeat! The other two don't blow their opportunities every chance they get!

VR!

King Booker
    With the exception of WM23 where injury kept him off the show, he has been involved in world title matches on the company's biggest show from WM18 through to WM22. That's five Wrestlemanias in a row. Hogan didn't have that many and he is on another planet to Triple H in terms of popularity.

Fair point, but when you mention Hogan though, he was in the title picture for seven of the first nine wrestlemanias, and for the two that he missed he was still around for the final match of IV interfering and getting the belt to Savage and was still in the Final match at VIII.

Also it's somewhat of an unfair comparison, because there was only between 1-5 PPVs a year and Hogan wasn't on TV that much back then, so we didn't exactly have Hogan overexposure. Even with his ridiculous 3 year title reign.
    HHH is a good wrestler that is hyped up to unbelievable levels making him seem better than he really is. When he returns he will destroy Orton and run through everybody else culminating in ANOTHER main event match at WM24. It's so predictable.

Again i will agree with you here. He was a shadow of his former self coming back from injury in 2002 and spent the guts of that year re-adjusting to work a different style (especially with the extra weight gain), so god knows what it's gonna be like now with two dead knees.

But again, the reaction for his return is gonna be unreal.
    VR!

2006 when John Cena would come out and hog 20-25 minutes at the start of RAW with his boring promos :)

VR!

And the other hour and half was the Triple H show :)

King Booker
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    And the other hour and half was the Triple H show :)
    Nah, precious little time went on DX skits. If anything HBK got more exposure in the first half of 2006 with his feud with the McMahons. Meanwhile Umaga was rapidly being build up and every midcarder under the sun was being fed to him.

I found there was too much bloody Spirit Squad than there was HHH last year.

VR!

heh I dont remember mentioning DX - I said HHH :)

But again, the reaction for his return is gonna be unreal.
    VR!

Any idea when the return is? You can spoiler it or PM me so that it's not ruined.

I got rid of Sky Sports recently but I gotta get the return taped!:D

all the video said was "soon"

King Booker
    Although rumour sites have been saying he's scheduled for a return for Summerslam, which means it could be the RAW after the Great American Bash as that's the last PPV before Summerslam and they'll need to time to develop a storyline

I'll probably be recording the RAW for his return Gilly, so can throw ya a copy.

VR!

• Advertisement

King Booker
    Not putting this in a spoiler as it is only my guess.

Orton will face Cena at Summerslam, Orton has been built as a credible heal lately, and this will continue till Summerslam. Triple H will return AT summerslam and cost Orton the title. Leading to a Triple H v Orton feud, Cena v Booker/Kennedy fued. I think Triple H will stay away from the title until royal rumble/wrestle mania. I dont think booker or kennedy were brought to RAW without the intention of putting them in the title hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Bobby Lashley

I'm looking forward to it. I think HHH being champ or chasing the title completes his character.

Maby Orton will cost him the title to set up a fued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

cena and lashley seems pretty much nailed on for SS at this stage. They will have their match at the bash, then another at SS, then another at the next pay-per-view, then another on the following raw, its following old lines at this stage.

I agree with those downplaying HHH's return. I never really got into the whole hype surrounding this guy. sure he is a great worker/seller etc but he is missing that one thing (which I can't put my finger on) that made the likes of the Rock, Austin, Hogan, Flair truly great.

King Booker
    rossie1977 wrote:
    I agree with those downplaying HHH's return. I never really got into the whole hype surrounding this guy. sure he is a great worker/seller etc but he is missing that one thing (which I can't put my finger on) that made the likes of the Rock, Austin, Hogan, Flair truly great.

Rock was truly great on the stick, in the ring he was far from it. A six move wonder.

Hogan the same for his WWE career, although he actually can wrestle, he just didn't have to do it in America.

Austins better years happened when he actually couldn't wrestle anymore after his neck/back injury!

Flair, well... sadly most people actually never saw his classic matches and judge the "out of shape old man stinking up RAW lately" :(

So if you ask me, HHH isn't missing anything at all. Strictly my opinion though :)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

rossie1977 wrote:
    cena and lashley seems pretty much nailed on for SS at this stage. They will have their match at the bash, then another at SS, then another at the next pay-per-view, then another on the following raw, its following old lines at this stage.

I dunno...although I'm not a huge fan of Cena and much much less a fan of Lashley, you can't deny that they're the two most popular guys in WWE right now. I don't see them wasting this match on a ppv like the GAB. This is WM quality stuff (in terms of popularity, certainly not the wrestling!). Raw
    with Booker and Kennedy coming out at the end, it leads me to think that they'll make it a fourway for the GAB. Maybe they'll just keep it as Cena vs Lashley and have a non-finish, but it makes bad business sense to me. Or maybe it'll just be held of til Summerslam

I'll probably be recording the RAW for his return Gilly, so can throw ya a copy.

VR!

Cheers!

• Advertisement

Rock was truly great on the stick, in the ring he was far from it. A six move wonder.

A little harsh - when wrestled as Rocky Maivia or as Flex Kavana he actually had a few moves in his repetoire - shoulderbreaker, diving crossbody, snap overhead belly to belly

But as the Rock - he sucked as a wrestler and his sharpshooter - well it made my cringe everytime he did it (to me it looked like he was crapping on his opponenet, guys like Hart and Benoit were small enough so it look tight and that it looked like it hurt like hell)

King Booker
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    But as the Rock - he sucked as a wrestler and his sharpshooter - well it made my cringe everytime he did it (to me it looked like he was crapping on his opponenet, guys like Hart and Benoit were small enough so it look tight and that it looked like it hurt like hell)

It was mainly his facial expressions he'd pull when he was performing the move. A real embarassment if i do say so myself.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

From K3 wrestling
    Triple H vs. Randy Orton match originally penciled in for SummerSlam in August is now in jeopardy. According a backstage source, both Triple H and Vince McMahon agree it is not the right thing to do at this time. Triple H is pushing for Orton to win the WWE title from John Cena. Internally the thought is that Cena doesn’t need the belt to get over because he gets resentment boos for being a champion. The feeling is more money will be made in Cena chasing Orton for the title. There is now talk of a Triple H vs. Orton match to happen at either Survivor Series or WrestleMania.

I think this would be a good idea and would make more money. I think Trips will fued with Kennedy when he returns. Also, regarding the Kennedy 12sec job on Raw, i would imagine that has something to do with him being still injured rather than WWE trying to make him look like an idiot.

Advertisement