Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefox Problems - Please Help

• 03-07-2007 10:46am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I’m having some weird problems with Firefox (one website, can’t login / won’t stay logged in), problems that only happen on my work pc but not on any other. I have tried a number of times to uninstall and reinstall to fix them, but for some reason I am unable to completely uninstall and reinstall Firefox.

So, I go into control panel and uninstall.
    I then go into C: Program Files and delete the Mozilla Firefox Entry.
    I then go into Regedit and search for any Firefox folders and delete them.

STILL after all that, when I install again, all my bookmarks are still there, the extensions I installed are still there, and the problems I’m having have not gone away.

How can I properly uninstall?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

On Windows the data for Firefox is stored at the following location:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Your Username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox"

If you delete that folder it should clean out the rogue settings.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks. Ok so I deleted that folder along with the others, and used Ccleaner to clean the registry. Then I restated and downloaded Firefox and installed again.

Now it won’t work. It loads up and tries to load the first page – it says: “Connecting to mozilla.com” but then just says “Unable to Connect to Mozilla.com”
    I even did a System Restore to Yesterday as it was working ok then, but still nothing. So now I can’t get any pages working on Firefox, IE7 works fine.

How can I fix this – any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I saw that once before on a Windows box. I didn't work out what was causing the problem as the version was out of date so I just re-installed with a newer version and that cleared it. Not the most helpful I know...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Could I reinstall with an older version, might that work?

Where can I get an older version does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭onechewy

Zascar wrote:
    Could I reinstall with an older version, might that work?

Where can I get an older version does anyone know?

http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=firefox

• Advertisement
Advertisement