Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lords Of Chaos: The Bloddy Rise Of The Satanic Metal Underground

Options
  • 03-07-2007 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Has anyone read this? I got it in the post yesterday with the satanic bible and satanic rituals. (LOC is a standalone book, the other two are companions to each other). Its really interesting, shows how modern black metal is connected to early blues (robert johnson), through sabbath, deep purple, zepplin etc and tells about the murders, suicides and church burnings in norway and abroad, very interesting even if you have no interest in black or for that matter any metal at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I've read it. I thought it was pretty well done, I got into listening to (as opposed to just reading about) black metal a couple of years after all the infamy so a lot of it wasn't that new to me but the authors put it together very clearly and did bring some good insights to the stories. Definitely a great read even if you find the whole metal scene bewildering.

Advertisement