Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorey Bypass

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Ditto for just about every motorway/dual carriageway in the country although I seem to remember something about providing service stops in Transport 21. There is one at Barndarrig, between Jack White's and The Beehive, this, until recently, had the reputation, among commuters, of being the dearest and having the quickest reaction to price increases in the area ( I wonder why?). Lately, however it is actually cheaper than some of the stations in Gorey. Incidentally, isn't it amazing how the two garages on the Arklow Road in Gorey always charge the same price and increase their prices at exactly the same time. Maybe I'm just cynical but on a point of principle I never buy petrol there, I'd rather push the car home.

Has there been much of a reduction in traffic through Gorey after the new bypass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Has there been much of a reduction in traffic through Gorey after the new bypass?

While it can still be problematic at times, there is no comparison to three months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭passinginterest

Has anything been done about the road in Ferns yet? Agree with the earlier poster that it's a disgrace. Have yet to experience the fully opened bypass, the first section was lovely though.

Good point about places to stop along the route. I always seem to end up at the garage in Ferns coming down from Dublin. Never seem to stop on the way back, Ferns is too early and isn't really anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

yeah, all the real heavy goods vehicles and delivery trucks, artics etc are all gone, which is a big help. It is much easier to get into and out of now, but there are certain times, and places you shud avoid still.

If not, get on yer bike, its was and still is the only way to get around :)

• Advertisement

We always used to cut off before getting into Gorey (from Wexford) and then head down the little street that was parallel to the main street.

We would then be out ahead of the traffic in front in us! This way should still work during peak times.

Advertisement