Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KVM switch with dual DVI?

Options
  • 03-07-2007 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on installing Vista to my current rig and building a second XP based PC with some old s939 components I had lying around so the family wouldn't get confused with Vista :rolleyes:

Anyway I was thinking I could use a KVM switch for quick changing between the two but now I'm after realising this could be very expensive if I want to get a switch capable of supporting my dual 20.1" monitors. I can't make any sense of the KVM here section on Komplett.ie? Does anyone know where I could get a cheap switching solution? I've thought about just doing a dual boot but thats not really ideal considering the time it would take to reboot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Hey,

All you need is this:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=303977

And 2 vga-dvi adapters.

Then bob is your mothers brother!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anti wrote:
    Hey,

All you need is this:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=303977

And 2 vga-dvi adapters.

Then bob is your mothers brother!

Unfortunately Bob is not my mothers brother because I would actually need 3 vga to DVI adapters because both of the gfx cards I'll be using only have 2 x DVI ports. 2 of the adapters would also have to be VGA to 2 x DVI like this

Actually the more I'm thinking about it the more I just could not be ars*d. If I was just using a single monitor it would be grand but the whole dual setup makes it far too much effort.

Advertisement