Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 New Broadband Package???

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭JMURPHY3

I live in Glenbrien.....tried it in the Ballagh and Ballymurn today only had GPRS usage.About 2 miles aaway from me in Ballycoursey,O2 broadband can be achieved and achieved 3mbps in Oylegate also, a real broadand haven there.Anyone know when they plan to upgrade other areas around Wexford ad Enniscorthy????:D

Hey Twonk.....I would say the 3 mdem would work ok in Milehouse area, say you have a safe bet there!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

JMURPHY3 wrote:
    Hey Twonk.....I would say the 3 mdem would work ok in Milehouse area, say you have a safe bet there!!!!!

I hope so, im trying to avoid getting phoneline in the house because of cost... twice the price of this...

Does skype etc work ok with it? I would like to be able to make calls aswell as having broadband.

One more question... about the 10 gig cap, would browsing, skype use and email reach that amount in a month typically?

p.s. i cant believe the speeds achieved in oylegate... probably only one person with pc there :P (joke)

I suppose u use Skype if you had broadband fast enuf...prob would be included in download also, I wud say.ha gud joke there has beeb a gud upake on it in Oylegate tho according to your one in carphone warehouse in Enniscorthy.......Am I right in assuming its 15 euro a month regardless of use unless you go over the 10gb threshold?????
    I like it so far even tho I get GPRS, I can now get broadband no matter where I go

I think so yeah, im gonna prolly get 3 offer rather than o2 one, simply because i feel its better value, I reckon since the big three mob phone companies all have mobile broadband now they will be competing over the next year so that means only good things for comsumers.

• Advertisement

True.....We dont have the privelege of 3g out here yet......if I got 3.6mbps I wud be fairly happy I tell you.Cant get broadband by any other means out here...we are so backward in this great country of ours....

How much is the 3g modem????

They are both 129, you can get a datacard or a usb modem which is same as o2 one AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I've used Skype (without video) talking on Dialup.

Advertisement