Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

motortax.ie

Options
  • 03-07-2007 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

I am trying to ring the motortax.ie number on thier website and it keeps rining busy the number I am trying to call is 1890 411 412.

Does anybody know a diffrent number that you can actually get trough to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

From experience, it's nigh on impossible to get a reply from them during the last few days or the first few days of each month due to large number of personal callers to the office to get last minute or overdue renewals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Im only trying to get my pin number as my tax is due and they never sent me the letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

If you get through to them will you ask them is the only South Side Office Nutgrove now?? :mad:

jjbrien wrote:
    Im only trying to get my pin number as my tax is due and they never sent me the letter.
    When is your tax due? You usually get it about 2 weeks before?

jjbrien wrote:
    They won't give PIN to you over the phone.

Following quote from website
    Remember to have the following items before starting your renewal:

* Your renewal/reminder form, containing your PIN and vehicle registration number, to log into the service. Please retain the RF100B form carefully - for security reasons, this PIN number cannot be issued by phone or email.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I emailed them a while ago with the same problem, it was getting very close and they responded fairly sharpish (within hours). I gave up ringing fairly quickly.

Fr Dougal wrote:

Aw crap! Now JJ's not gonna ring!!!

As a matter of interest, does any one know where the motor tax offices are? Now that the one in Chancery Street is gone, being south side is Nutgrove my only option?

As a matter of interest, does any one know where the motor tax offices are? Now that the one in Chancery Street is gone, being south side is Nutgrove my only option?
    Where abouts are you located there is one in Ballymun as well now.

Dyflin did you get it by email then?

jjbrien wrote:
    Where abouts are you located there is one in Ballymun as well now.
    Dublin, Nutgrove'd be closer than Ballymun. I just bought an untaxed second hand car, am waiting for the VLR Cert to come back with the ownership changed before I can tax it. I won't get a new pin, so I reckon I'll have to pay them a visit.

The new city centre office is quite close, about 7 or 8 minutes walk from Chancery St.

Head Office

Block B, Blackhall Walk,
    Queen Street,
    Dublin 7 Opening Hours

Ph: 222 8000 9.30am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday
    Fax: 872 1004

They are on the ground floor of the new office/apartment buildings.

• Advertisement

Fr Dougal wrote:
    The new city centre office is quite close, about 7 or 8 minutes walk from Chancery St.

Head Office

Block B, Blackhall Walk,
    Queen Street,
    Dublin 7 Opening Hours

Ph: 222 8000 9.30am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday
    Fax: 872 1004

They are on the ground floor of the new office/apartment buildings.

Aw fantastic thank you very much Father. Was dreadin havin to ask for time off to go to Nutgrove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭madson

templetonpeck, there is a motor tax office in clondalkin village

madson wrote:
    templetonpeck, there is a motor tax office in clondalkin village
    Didn't know that. I actually would've gone for this one (thanks to the Luas!) if Fr Dougal hadn't dished up the Blackhall Place one! I work close by that. Thanks any way madson ;)

I just emailed my local td to complain about people not been able to get trough lets hope he does something. Its like they dont want people to ring to pay thier tax bill.

My tax disc says 07-07 does that mean I will get my letter sometime this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

why dont you guys just post the stuff to them ?
    They will send it back within a week or so, ad you hardly have to get off your ass!
    tis the best way if you've no pin number

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

jjbrien wrote:
    You'll get the letter about 2 weeks before the end of the month.

jjbrien wrote:
    I just emailed my local td to complain about people not been able to get trough lets hope he does something. Its like they dont want people to ring to pay thier tax bill.

You've plenty of time. You'll get it towards the end of July. Good for you complaining about the office!

RobAMerc wrote:
    They will send it back within a week or so, ad you hardly have to get off your ass!
    coz I wanna drive my car :(

RobAMerc wrote:
    You are been seroius arnt you? Its not the stone age anymore. I would not trust an post with this task they lost my last renewal. Its better to do it online or if you have the time go to the office. I dont have the time due to work so have to do it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Fr Dougal wrote:

Remember to have the following items before starting your renewal:

* Your renewal/reminder form, containing your PIN and vehicle registration number, to log into the service. Please retain the RF100B form carefully - for security reasons, this PIN number cannot be issued by phone or email.
    I think I nagged them last year to give me the PIN over the phone.
    What is the security reason? Some sugar daddy going to pay your vehicle tax for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

daymobrew wrote:
    I think I nagged them last year to give me the PIN over the phone.
    What is the security reason? Some sugar daddy going to pay your vehicle tax for you?
    it's possible to change the registered address through the online renewal system, so can help them get new documents for a dodgy car.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

jjbrien wrote:
    You are been seroius arnt you? Its not the stone age anymore. I would not trust an post with this task they lost my last renewal. Its better to do it online or if you have the time go to the office. I dont have the time due to work so have to do it online.

Will the tax office not have to post you the new disc even if you do it online? I don't think you can avoid post altogether.

If you are that concerned, use registered or swift post.

I am amazed got a reply already from the email I sent them this mouring they say they have posted my renewal notice with my pin number out today so happy days for once email works better than the phone. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

jjbrien wrote:

Dyflin did you get it by email then?

No, but they told me to relax as it had been sent.

jjbrien wrote:
    I am amazed got a reply already from the email I sent them this mouring they say they have posted my renewal notice with my pin number out today so happy days for once email works better than the phone. :D
    Glad it ended well!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Bogger77 wrote:
    it's possible to change the registered address through the online renewal system, so can help them get new documents for a dodgy car.
    Good to know - I'll not bad mouth the "security reason" again then.

Was in the VRT office today, they told me the last 6 digits of the chassis number can be used for your PIN number to tax online......

Fr Dougal wrote:
    Was in the VRT office today, they told me the last 6 digits of the chassis number can be used for your PIN number to tax online......

Can anyone confirm this? Very useful if it works.

Dyflin wrote:
    Can anyone confirm this? Very useful if it works.

They told me yesterday that the system would be updated overnight. I've just tried to log in with my Reg number and the last 6 digits of the frame number and sure enough, it works.

• Advertisement

Fr Dougal wrote:
    They told me yesterday that the system would be updated overnight. I've just tried to log in with my Reg number and the last 6 digits of the frame number and sure enough, it works.
    Brilliant! Will try that so. Thanks again father..:D

Advertisement