Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help needed!!!!

• 03-07-2007 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

hi, i got broadband from NTL recently, i also got the wireless router. they tried to set it up but couldnt, to be honest im not sure how much they now about computers. my friend then tried it later and couldnt. i have a sony vaio laptop with wireless conectivity. i was just wondering if someone could give me some hints on how i could possibly get it working.

all help appreciated, dont know much about setting up wireless:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭koloughlin

Look on the underside of the router and grab the make and model number of the router. Then plug that into google and grab the manual and read that. Try and follow the instructions there. If it doesn't work post back here what you did and what the results were.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

crennicks wrote:
    hi, i got broadband from NTL recently, i also got the wireless router. they tried to set it up but couldnt, to be honest im not sure how much they now about computers. my friend then tried it later and couldnt. i have a sony vaio laptop with wireless conectivity. i was just wondering if someone could give me some hints on how i could possibly get it working.

all help appreciated, dont know much about setting up wireless:)

AFAIK it is usually a Netgear router that NTL supply - there is usually not much problem in setting it up but as the poster above says find out which router it is and post back here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 crennicks

it is a netgear, not sure what model, will check later

Advertisement