Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PeoplesrepublicofCork. Morons Forum V BoB Forum - what you you think?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

:confused::confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Surely the Morons forum is just a description of PROC as a whole?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Fysh wrote:
    Surely the Morons forum is just a description of PROC as a whole?
    Seconded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

The BoBs wrote:

Yeah The Bobs - i reckon you are right, the Bob Forum is definitely the best and the Morons suck major ass.

but, now i could be barking up the wrong tree here but do you have an agenda coming on here to say that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Oh, look at that. Now that PROC is back up, you can see for yourself that the BoB forum is basically a bunch of wasters telling each other lies about being good at scoring women on the prowl. Oh, and apparently hosting some sort of regular cyber-circle-jerk festival, by the look of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

no one takes that forum seriously so i wouldnt worry about it,the good part is the music section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭idlesupernova

The PROC is fairly gammy alright, but here is fairly quiet all the time, it is a good altrenative to the PROC, but the downside is the over heavy moderating that happens on this site, hence lack of posters in my opinion.

I know what you mean, but I'll take heavy moderation and a drop in traffic over a forum full of retards who think that saying "langer" makes them special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭idlesupernova

Maybe be a bit more flexible, no racism, homophobia obviously but a bit of craic needs to happen. the PROC only has more attention due to the t-shirts and hoddies etc. they are all muppets over there rich boys pretending to slum it, ever read Stevie G's posts Corks 'Greatest DJ' can be a right whingy arguing ****!!

• Advertisement

Ah, I know what you mean. There's not a uniform point of view from every mod on the site, but fundamentally the admins get to say what's what since they own the site.

Still better than PROC though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

And they were all me.

dahamsta wrote:
    And they were all me.

Quiet, you, or ecksor'll get upset again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Quite simple, people here obviously have a grudge against the PROC, yet they keep looking at it.

is it because some people have failed website ventures, and are jealous of the popularity and success of the PRC, or is there an actual half decent, well thought out, coherent reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I didn't look at the page. Pack of retards. Take your amateur psychological theories away from here, maybe the PRoC posters will think you're smart.

I generally avoid PROC like the plague, because the idea for the site isn't bad but the forum is full to the brim of complete retards. I'm no more jealous of its success at being Cork's biggest moron market than I am of Tom Cruise's success at being allegedly the world's most famous homosexual-in-denial :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

+1 retards

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Gary Numan

The levels of rattlement on display here are reaching biblical levels. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 lexeme

Fysh wrote:
    I generally avoid PROC like the plague, because the idea for the site isn't bad but the forum is full to the brim of complete retards.

You generally avoid the place like the plague yet you know that it's full of retards.

Just the sort of iron-clad logic I would expect from someone who gives up their time for free to moderate an internet forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 DarkMuse

Gary Numan wrote:
    The levels of rattlement on display here are reaching biblical levels. :D:D:D

HM83?:D

I have to say that I for one love the BoBs....they get all the girls you know:D

Wow, I'll just go and cry now, shall I? Better yet, I'll spend what little of my free time is left looking for sites that criticise this forum, sign up to them and accuse their members of being losers! That'll make me feel better, right? I mean, it worked for you...except, of course, that you appear to be a member of the Legion Of Retards and appear unable to read properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 DarkMuse

Fysh wrote:
    Wow, I'll just go and cry now, shall I? Better yet, I'll spend what little of my free time is left looking for sites that criticise this forum, sign up to them and accuse their members of being losers! That'll make me feel better, right? I mean, it worked for you...except, of course, that you appear to be a member of the Legion Of Retards and appear unable to read properly.

Victory!

Fysh wrote:
    Rattled.

DarkMuse wrote:
    HM83?:D

I have to say that I for one love the BoBs....they get all the girls you know:D
    Who?;)

Utterly. Woe is me, for a bunch of internet retards have totally demolished my flimsy self-respect! ZOMG! And other such pronouncements.

Alternatively, you could interpret this as me being bored at work and opting to flame trolls over creating Active Directory accounts.

But no. Hold fast to your idea that I'm in tears here, while my keyboard gently weeps.

Fysh wrote:
    Utterly. Woe is me, for a bunch of internet retards have totally demolished my flimsy self-respect! ZOMG! And other such pronouncements.

Alternatively, you could interpret this as me being bored at work and opting to flame trolls over creating Active Directory accounts.

But no. Hold fast to your idea that I'm in tears here, while my keyboard gently weeps.
    And badly rattled at that.

Firstly I would like to say that your effort at name-calling is quite childish. I don't know if you're aware of the grief that people like you cause to families who have children whom have mental disabilitys, but I do. I can tell you now that you disgusting use of the word "retard" is neither big or clever. I'm sure your parents must be proud of you.

Secondly, the mere mention of the proc appears to rub you the wrong way. This from a person who claims to have nothing to do with the place. This thread was started by a proc user trying to plug their own forum, only for you to come along and put on a powerful display of how truely ignorant you are.

Oh, blow it out your ass. When the only person who's ever called me on my usage of the word "retard" is a second-rate reject from Troll College, I don't think I'll be worrying too much about it just yet.

And there's a good reason I get easily riled about PROC when it's brought up on here - there seem to be a few people who quite like the place but feel the urge to bang on about it here rather than just, you know, f*cking off and posting there . It's tiresome. And in a forum that isn't exactly the busiest, it's kind of frustrating to see it apparently busy, only for the traffic to turn out to by yet more retards blabbering on about frigging PROC. Again.

Fysh wrote:
    Oh, blow it out your ass. When the only person who's ever called me on my usage of the word "retard" is a second-rate reject from Troll College, I don't think I'll be worrying too much about it just yet.

And there's a good reason I get easily riled about PROC when it's brought up on here - there seem to be a few people who quite like the place but feel the urge to bang on about it here rather than just, you know, f*cking off and posting there . It's tiresome. And in a forum that isn't exactly the busiest, it's kind of frustrating to see it apparently busy, only for the traffic to turn out to by yet more retards blabbering on about frigging PROC. Again.
    If having a shred of respect for those less fortunate than myself makes me a second rate reject, then i'm happy to be one. Better than being a grade-A w*nker.

On your other point. You don't like the proc because other people talk about it here? I'd say that chip on your shoulder must be getting pretty heavy.

• Advertisement

Yeah yeah, watch me care. I don't recall there yet being a right to not be offended, so I guess those countless families that I'm callously traumatising by my *gasp* use of a word will just have to cope somehow. I don't know how they'll manage - I mean, it's not like they could, I dunno, use the "Ignore" button anything. Clearly by posting here I'm invading their most private space and there's no escaping me.

Mwhahahaha. And other such villainous pronouncements.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement