Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 download counter

Options
  • 03-07-2007 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Anybody know if 3's HSDPA counter with the modem is accurate?? IF not which is the best to download.

Also a good site for an accurate speed test to chk my BB speeds?? I usually use PC Pitstop to check??

any help would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

gorgo wrote:
    Anybody know if 3's HSDPA counter with the modem is accurate?? IF not which is the best to download.

Also a good site for an accurate speed test to chk my BB speeds?? I usually use PC Pitstop to check??

any help would be much appreciated :)

It's worst than hopeless. Your best bet is to call them once a week just to be on the safe side.
    083 333 3333

http://www.speedtest.net/

http://www.irishisptest.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

I was told by tech support today that i have 8gig+ left to use and 25 days to use it but i installed a cool programme as well called bitmeter,cause i dont trust their software or calculations too much,anyway bitmeter is free,measures up+download combined and u can enter in that 10gigs ur limit and it will set an alarm to warn u at xgig to let u know 2 be careful,i asked the tech support today and its 50euro per gig if u go over!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

bitmeter ok thx..must try it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 White Widow

http://mobile.3ireland.ie/3prepayweb/usage
    still stuck up to the 27th but, it was updating regularly

that web link is useless but i was told they are working on something else (but the guy couldnt or wouldnt tell me what it was)
    it would be cool if they sent an email after every gig used like american providers do to inform customers about their usage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I have to say so far, 3 seem to be handling themselves pretty well on this.

Its a pity the software that comes to dial up is a piece of crap though. My brother cleared the usage statistics on it and its not counted since.

Hope they get a better solution, ideally something that integrates into Windows with an extra initialization command.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭gorgo

delllat wrote:
    I was told by tech support today that i have 8gig+ left to use and 25 days to use it but i installed a cool programme as well called bitmeter,cause i dont trust their software or calculations too much,anyway bitmeter is free,measures up+download combined and u can enter in that 10gigs ur limit and it will set an alarm to warn u at xgig to let u know 2 be careful,i asked the tech support today and its 50euro per gig if u go over!!

Hi delllat, whats the link for that bitmeter downloads??

Cheers for the reply people!!!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

that bitmeter program.....can i..

1. add on the data ive used already??

2. and is there any way i can set it so that it automatically starts when i log on to the web

i looked through the help files but could'nt find anything

i called 3 and they said i had 8.1gig left to use so i entered 8gig in isp restrictions,then set the alarm to ring when ive used 90% of the 8 gig
    my next 10 gig is due at midnight on the 26th so il go back into isp restrictions and change my 8gig limit to a 10gig limit,after that i wont ever have to touch the programme again,also make sure u check the box that says run on startup so it auto starts every time u connect to internet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

philstar wrote:
    that bitmeter program.....can i..

1. add on the data ive used already??

2. and is there any way i can set it so that it automatically starts when i log on to the web

i looked through the help files but could'nt find anything

You can set it to run when windows starts and just leave it in the background using Scheduled tasks in control panel or use the start up folder or you can set it to start at a specific time I think.

I'd say it stores your usage in a file somewhere. It might not be plaintext though to try to protect your usage stats but I doubt it. So if you route around in its folders for .txt files or similar and see if you can find anything.

Oh, you might be able to create a .bat file that launches both Internet Explorer and this program.

Find the path to the program eg. c:\Program Files\thesoftwarename\softwarelauncher.exe

and put it in a text file then add iexplore.exe to the next line and save the file as launchinternet.bat and it should work.

Advertisement