Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No NCT appointments

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

maybe, maybe not!

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

drdre wrote:
    well i work all hours over 12hrs a day so if i can take time out i think you can.I woke up especially at 7.30am to be ready to call the nct office and i got through at 8.05 and got a date in 1 week not more than 1 week.So i was happy and passed.

Oh, I can do it, that's no problem... But I shouldn't have to, especially shouldn't have to try that again and again until you get a slot. What kind of system is that? What I'll do - and have done in the past - is ring them once, get a test appointment that suits, and carry the confirmation with me. If the NCT expires in the meantime, I've done my bit and it's up to the NCTS to sort themselves out. Hasn't been a problem with any checkpoints...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I recently had my car's NCT done in Finglas. I was chatting to the girl who was behind the desk; she said they only issue letters for a car's first NCT (at 4 years), after that, you're on your own.

I had to get a retest done (lights weren't aligned correctly at the zero postion) but I was able to get it rescheduled for the following Saturday. Perhaps they reserve a certain percentage of the test slots for retests?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

From their site:

Booking procedure: NCTS is currently sending NCT Booking letters to eligible customers, offering them a provisional booking for their NCT test.

The proposed appointment will be based on the initial registration date of the car (in the country of origin) and the chosen NCT Centre will be determined by the customer's address. This letter is sent to eligible customers approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the anniversary of first registration of their car (which is legally the date by which they must have their car tested). Provisional bookings will ideally be made 3-5 weeks prior to the vehicles' anniversary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

BraveDonut wrote:
    From their site:

Booking procedure: NCTS is currently sending NCT Booking letters to eligible customers, offering them a provisional booking for their NCT test.

The proposed appointment will be based on the initial registration date of the car (in the country of origin) and the chosen NCT Centre will be determined by the customer's address. This letter is sent to eligible customers approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the anniversary of first registration of their car (which is legally the date by which they must have their car tested). Provisional bookings will ideally be made 3-5 weeks prior to the vehicles' anniversary.
    Which is a load of bullocks anyways. The chosen NCT Centre will be determined by the customer's address? Really? I have had appointments made for my cars based on the reg plate and not my address. I once got an appointment to take my Galway reg car to Galway when I was living in Wicklow. Like what gives with them?

• Advertisement
Advertisement