Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alpro Soya Chocolate Dessert

Options
  • 03-07-2007 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

In my hunt to consume less meat and dairy in an effort to live a more sustainable lifestyle, I have come across some pretty nasty tasting rubbish.

And then I discovered these:

661334b.jpg

Alpro soya chocolate desserts. Eaten chilled, they are absolutely DELICIOUS. I am eating one right now. They are a low-cal, nature-friendly treat. I am going to try freezing them to see if they make nice ice-cream pots.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my enthusiasm for Alpro soya. Yay for good, healthy non-dairy treats!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I think they are a hate them or love them food. There are some soya yogurts my friend gets for 1.35 each. They must be lovely he has 3-6 of them a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

ah yes, soya alpro. they do custard and cream too :) what a wonderful company! all praise to them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Their milkshakes are quite nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Ok, know where one can get all these lovely alpro products?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Tesco, Dunnes, Health food shops, etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Dunnes seems to be the cheapest - they sometimes have the 4xcartons for 2 euro. Other health places have them from 2.40 to 2.60., although they usually have more stock of them (especially the chocolate flavour which seems to get sold out a lot :D )

Tesco sometimes have the 1 litre choco milkshake (and also Supervalu on Aston Quay). Have also seen the 500ml version in one of the larger Dunnes, it seems slightly different and a bit thicker/more milkshake-y.

It's a bit strange, but I've never seen any size of the Strawberry and Banana flavours other than the little cartons, even though the small cartons are quite common.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

ohhhh alpro soya are sponsoring the weather on a radio station in galway. how nice of them :)

Advertisement