Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First tattoo - questions

Options
  • 03-07-2007 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm planning on getting my first tattoo pretty soon, and I want to be sure about where to get it and stuff.

basically, I want one of these on my upper-right arm, with the stave (5 lines) wrapping completely around the arm.

So does anyone have any reccomendations of where I could get it done?
    I'd also like an estimate of how long it may take and the cost, if possible.

Thanks,
    Al.

Edit - I live in Dublin, so anywhere in the city centre would be convenient.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Wildcat Celestial Ring in Stephen's Green (Top Floor) is very good!

Edit: Its a nice tattoo idea!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Cool idea. I have the treble and bass clef on my left and right wrist respectively. Got them done in Colour Works (above flip) by Darren and I'm happy with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 allom

Cool idea. I have the treble and bass clef on my left and right wrist respectively. Got them done in Colour Works (above flip) by Darren and I'm happy with them.

I'm planning on getting a matching bass clef done on my left arm at some point too, with stave and such :D

@ Steve_o, I've actually been checking out Celestial Ring, they were first on my list, I just wantedto make sure.
    I haven't spoken to any artists or anything, just checking out the online portfolios.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

For cost and time involved, get yourself down there, show the print and ask them. I'd estimate a 100-150 and 30-40 mins but could be way off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭girloperfection

I'd recommend Snakebite on Abbey Street, didnt get my first tattoo done there but i will be getting my next one there. Got a piercing done there and i would def go back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Ah go with celestial. They're always my recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd second Snakebite. Mariusz did my tattoo for me, it was my first, and it came out perfect, no scabbing, no areas that needed touched up, it was just right. Also their rooms they do the tattooing are very clean and everything just felt very professional.

What I would recommend is checking out a number of portfolios, and not just the online ones, go in and suss a number of places out in person, and look at their portfolios there. Go with whoever you think has the best work of that style.

I'd say look at the line work mostly, as thats what yours is gonna mainly consist of. Are they any good at keeping the spacing right between parallel lines etc...

Snakebite - online portfolios: http://www.snakebite.ie/Tattoos.htm

Advertisement