Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The end of Leeds United?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

Kingp35 wrote:
    At least I can go to the Shelbourne match with a bit of hope now!
    I know this is insensitive but does anyone else find this game hilarious?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,338 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

In what way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Kingp35 wrote:
    Yeah this is exactly it. The Buy back clause is the clubs only major asset and it can only be invoked by the club. If Morris wants to get his hand son the Elland Road site he needs to buy into the club so that he can use the buy back clause for Elland Road and Thorpe Arch. I have yet to see any Leeds fan on any of the message boards I like at to say that they want Morris anywhere near the club.

I think it’s important to remember how the fans would react here. If some bloke buys into the club with the intention of essentially fleecing it, fans just won't bother turning up for games anymore. We need someone to get people excited about the team again, much like Quinn has done with Sunderland. Obviously, the fans have no say in the decision about who will eventually own it. But anyone who invests can't just take attendances for granted.

I'm hoping someone who has not publicly stated their intentions will emerge as a bidder. If ever there was a time for some rich Sheikh to turn up its now. Alternative is the we just keep on dropping divisions. Or worse, just disappear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

zaph wrote:
    In what way?
    It's like a bankrupts derby.

Mezcita wrote:
    We need someone to get people excited about the team again, much like Quinn has done with Sunderland.

Agreed, and that's where Duncan Revie comes in. He was supposed to have backing from Dubai or somewhere like that, and his name alone carries more weight with it for Leeds fans than if Bill Gates decided to start pumping money into the club. Unfortunately there's no indication that this consortium have made a bid.

John_C wrote:
    It's like a bankrupts derby.

Oh yeah, freakin' hilarious. Go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

So ..when you say thrown out of the league , you don't mean just relogated further , you mean deleted from existence ? !! like Dublin city!! ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

jackdaw wrote:
    So ..when you say thrown out of the league , you don't mean just relogated further , you mean deleted from existence ? !! like Dublin city!! ?

Yeah but hopefully that won't happen now.

As for Duncan Revie, I'm sorry to say that I think he was just looking for some cheap publicity for his Soccerex company. Everytime his name was mentioned so was his company and they were putting on some big expo's at the time of his supposed interest in Leeds.

Still no word on who has won yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Statement on Sky News Sports from KPMG read out stating that the bids are still being considered and that the decision will be announced "in due course".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/6286066.stm

Odd that, will they allow redbus/morris time to view the books?

kdjac

Advertisement