Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sheff U lose appeal.

• 03-07-2007 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Tevez to stay then?

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/6252310.stm

£5.5m fine and no points sanction for WHU was upheld.

Disgraceful imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I'll second that. Ridiculous decision although in fairness there was never going to be any other outcome. Feel sorry for the blades and i've just decided i'm gonna support them in the championship this year (thats them fcuked so)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

sheff united dont deserve to be the the PL - the play terrible football and plain and simple did not rack up enough points to keep them in the league.

they dont deserve any better and i hope we dont see them back in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Call_me_al wrote:
    sheff united dont deserve to be the the PL - the play terrible football, they doint deserve any better and i hope we dont see them back in a long time.
    But we should just ignore WHU's indiscretions?

Hmm.

I see Pighead is supporting them because he probably feels some empathy with them, him being a Dundalk supporter.

I never thought I'd see the day Pighead was empathic.

PATHETIC maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

no - but the decision was made and sheff united threw their toys out of the pram. its not WHU's fault that SU couldnt keep themselves out of this mess.

WHU were punished and they were punished fairly for the law they broke imo anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

seansouth wrote:
    But we should just ignore WHU's indiscretions?

Hmm.

I see Pighead is supporting them because he probably feels some empathy with them, him being a Dundalk supporter.

I never thought I'd see the day Pighead was empathic.

PATHETIC maybe.
    He he he. Pighead was got good there. No comeback from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tevez to stay then?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

mike65 wrote:
    Tevez to stay then?

Mike.
    Doubt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Jagielka to Everton so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Voltwad wrote:
    Jagielka to Everton so :D

Hopefully -- although Sheffield are still clutching at straws again, by appealing , sorry i've no sympathy for them , they played wretched football , probably broke the law themselves with that guy from Watford , and most importantly , relegation, was in there own hands , and THEY blew it by not getting eneogh points, not West Ham , who pulled of a minor mirracle by staying up ..
    talk about a bad loser !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

thebaz wrote:
    Hopefully -- although Sheffield are still clutching at straws again, by appealing , sorry i've no sympathy for them , they played wretched football , probably broke the law themselves with that guy from Watford , and most importantly , relegation, was in there own hands , and THEY blew it by not getting eneogh points, not West Ham , who pulled of a minor mirracle by staying up ..
    talk about a bad loser !

A minor miracle thanks to Tevez though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Good enough for them. Wasn't their survival in their own hands up until the last day of the season? If they'd have put as much effort in on the pitch they'd without doubt still be in the premiership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

The effort Sheffield Utd put in on the pitch has no bearing on whether or not West Ham should have been deducted points.

They clearly should have, as admitted by the the team investigating the incident. This obviously makes Sheffield Utd feel all the more aggrieved.

Have a lot of sympathy for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Well Sheff Utd are within their rights to sue the FA (as much as £50million say papers). Although i dread to think how legal action against your countries football governing body may affect those 50/50 penalty decisions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,425 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Galvasean wrote:
    Well Sheff Utd are within their rights to sue the FA (as much as £50million say papers). Although i dread to think how legal action against your countries football governing body may affect those 50/50 penalty decisions...
    Don't FIFA have some regulation in place where by if a club takes legal action against the football authorities, outside of the procedures put in place within the football realm, that club can be thrown out of any FIFA regulated competition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

The effort Sheffield Utd put in on the pitch has no bearing on whether or not West Ham should have been deducted points.

They clearly should have, as admitted by the the team investigating the incident. This obviously makes Sheffield Utd feel all the more aggrieved.

Have a lot of sympathy for them.

What about the superstar they signed from Watford, they specified he couldn't play against them , which broke the law -- so should Sheffield be deducted points as well -- should Bolton and Portsmouth also be deducted points for illegal transfers -- where will it end -- sorry it just sounds like an excuse to me , they blew it on the football pitch

Advertisement