Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom & Netopia 2247

Options
  • 03-07-2007 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Yup,I tried connect and all I get is a progress bar and after a minute or 2 a message to call helpdesk.

I have also called Eircom in the last few minutes and apparently my broadband status is 'in progress'. So hopefully it's a matter of someone just clicking a button somwhere!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 EGB

A quick question.

I ordered broadband from Eircom.
    Last week I recieved the Netopia 2247 wireless modem & router.

When I boot up the modem, the DSL Light is on(and green), however the Internet light is red. The Netopia web interface says DSL is also connected.

Does this mean my line has been enabled and my account is not?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Your line is enabled alright but your account may not be fully setup.
    Did you click the 'Connect' button?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 EGB

Further to the above, it seems I have a problem.
    According to Eircom, my account and line have been enabled. They are sending out an Engineer next week.

Hopefully it's a dodgy modem or an accounting error.

Should the modem come preconfigured with DNS/Gateway/IP? These fields are all 0.0.0.0.

Thanks
    Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

EGB wrote:
    Should the modem come preconfigured with DNS/Gateway/IP? These fields are all 0.0.0.0.
    Thanks
    Ed

The first part of your question is yes, they will come pre-configured. It sounds as you have a faulty Netopia. The only thing i would suggest is try reset it on the back and check the following

Start>run>cmd>click ok> type: ipconfig/all.
    Check your IP/Subnetmask/Default gateway, if there still all o.o.o.o, then its faulty.

Advertisement