Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband Availability 2007

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Think they must be launching wimax in the 5 biggest centers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

What is wimax ?
    I live just outside waterford city and still no BB for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Shouldn't Eircom Broadband announcements be in the Humour Section?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ComputerMad

My exchange was enabled a few months ago, so I rang eircom up and asked them to do a line test, they said the last one failed. I asked when it was last checked for broadband and it was over 15 months ago! I thought line tests were done every month. The Sales guy said that engineers in every exchange did things their way and that in some exchanges they only run line tests if they have nothing else to do like installing lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

That's mad. eircom engineers doing line checks when they've nothing better to do. If they're that laid-back, pop into the exchange when someone's there (van outside etc) and ask them to check your phone number when they have the chance. They're nearly always decent fellas and should help you out when they can.

Those links to eircom.ie never work. Could you give us the gist of what was on the page? I don't see any announcements on the eircom.ie site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Grommet

Computermad - that stuff you were told by the eircom Sales guy is bogus.

Line tests for all DSL enabled exchanges are automatically updated every month. If you check your line on the eircom site by entering your phone number, the result you get should be based on recent data.

This is what i get now when i do a line test on Eircom Site.

broadband line check results

We cannot complete all our checks on your line(s) to confirm if broadband is available to you at present.

To complete all the relevant checks to determine if you can have eircom broadband please tick the box below and complete the following steps:

Step 1: Select your product
    Step 2: Complete the form
    Step 3: Submit your order

Once we have conducted all our checks we will complete your broadband order within 10 working days.
    If your line(s) is not suitable for broadband we will send you an e-mail advising you of this.

Better then saying your line is not Suitable.

That just means that the Line checker web server is broken, As every number i type in says the same, just off the phone with another sales rep. she said that the tests are run ever 4 weeks, I asked when was mine last tested she said more than 4 weeks ago, the other sales rep said 4th of april 2006.

That just means that the Line checker web server is broken, As every number i type in says the same, just off the phone with another sales rep. she said that the tests are run ever 4 weeks, I asked when was mine last tested she said more than 4 weeks ago, the other sales rep said 4th of april 2006.
    Ring up and ask for a neighbour's line to be checked. And find out on what date it was checked. If it was also several months/a year, you'll have to speak with an engineer directly if you want to find out about your line anytime soon.

Ok went back to the site and checked my number again now i get this.

broadband line check results

We have completed our line suitability checks and your line(s) is suitable for eircom broadband.

Next, simply select your preferred line for broadband service and click the 'Continue' button.

Lines that are broadband capable (please select one):

My house is only new and i only got my phone line in less then a month ago. When i checked then my line was not suitable for it but now it is. I guess they have done a line check since i moved in.

• Advertisement

Good for you now you just have to wait another 4 weeks and try ordering it 3 times, hopefully they will test my line sometime soon. fingers crossed it will be a positive result!

Yeah, we were saying that the line will eventually pass once the line gets checked for the first time.

Computermad, did you check a neighbour's line to see when it was tested??

Advertisement