Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

importing fridge freezer

Options
  • 03-07-2007 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Can anyone advise? My sister is moving back to ireland from canada and shipping some house hold goods. Can she use her canadian fridge/freezer and what would she need to do to convert the voltage for ireland.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

prose wrote:
    Can anyone advise? My sister is moving back to ireland from canada and shipping some house hold goods. Can she use her canadian fridge/freezer and what would she need to do to convert the voltage for ireland.
    thanks

It would probably be better to try to the Rec>>Home & Garden forum...

But the simple answer would more than likely be no she can't use her Candian fridge here...

She would need a very large transform, which would be able to handle the current to start the fridge compressor... the transformer itself would be quite expensive, and very inefficient...

I'd say she would be better of just buying a fridge here...

Advertisement