Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any points calculator?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Even if you were going to do maths in college, being able to add things quickly in your head is, I am fairly sure, not a particularly celebrated skill...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

lol I started this topic and I guarantee i would add up any sum faster then you in fact I challenge you pm me for my msn address! the point is that with different combinations levels and targets its just alot more practical to use technology( im an A1 honours maths student)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Even if you were going to do maths in college, being able to add things quickly in your head is, I am fairly sure, not a particularly celebrated skill...
    Exactly....its not relevant at all tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I am no Maths guru, but I think the more abstract maths becomes, the less it is about numbers and more about the theories and proofs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Indeed although good arithmetic skills do help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Well I am very intelligent and can add different combinations of points up in my head.

Down to the coal mines with the rest of you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Indeed although good arithmetic skills do help.

Well....Obviously:D;)
    What I find weird, is that I know Adults who have amazing arithmetic skills, but couldent understand the most simple algebra problems.
    I would imagine most people use arithmetic and nothing else from school.

Advertisement