Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf in Connemara?

Options
  • 03-07-2007 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

Any nice spots on the coast between, say, Galway city and Clifden? C'mon people, spit it out! I'm betting there are some well-kept secrets out there. I've seen the locals out West with boards on their roofs and I'm dying to find an accessible spot that I can get to after work. Would head to Fanore but its out the wrong side of town for me. Promise I won't tell anyone else! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

We only keep the boards on the car in anticipation of swell in clare or mayo........that and we look really cool driving round with boards on top :D

Theres a place called Dunlaughan out ballyconnelly way, just before the golf club. It's a right turn, before an old abandoned factory back the golf road. Theres a no dumping sign as well, so that should help. About 2 miles down this road you'll come on to the dunes where you can follow tracks back to the beach. Take it easy and don't drive on the grass, the locals are starting to get pissed off at the erosion caused in the last few years. Best caught before high tide.

Your welcome so long as you bring beer, bbq and food :)

Silverstrand out past knocnacara's been known for some small breaks as well, and there are some other locations that im unfamilure with.

Happy hunting, oh and remember it's sekrit!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Brilliant!! Thanks man, really appreciate it. I'll check it out ASAP!

Advertisement