Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So where exactly am i banned from...

Options
  • 03-07-2007 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭

So i got a little carried away about 2-3 weeks ago and popped a massive image in my sig as a joke. Turns out i got a sitewide ban for it, which is fair enough all things considered. I suppose i'm lucky the guy who banned me (asok, iirc) did take it as a bit of a joke on my part and didn't make it a permban. His comment on the ban message was "lol, sig" or something like that ;)

Thing is, the site ban has worn off, but i still have forum bans. So, what exactly am i banned from and how do i get myself unbanned from there? I think it's the technology forum i've been banned from.

*contemplates butting a massive "I'm sowwy" image in his sig* ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I'd say pm the mods and see if they are feeling kind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Yes, but which mods? Who do i actually have to PM, thats what i'm unsure about.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Browse the forums and make a note of the fora you do not have access to.

So if i'm banned from everything in "Tech", who's the super-mod in charge of all of tech who has the power to unban me from that? Will any moderator be able to do the unbanning? I thought moderating powers were limited to the forum you were a moderator for, hence my confusion in trying to find out who said super-mod is to unban me from tech.

Unless of course i'm wrong, and any of the mods in the smaller subforums can lift the ban. Is that the case? I really don't know how the system works for more than single forum bans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

C-Mods (Category Mods) are in charge of sections like Games, Edu, etc. You will notice that beside their names (e.g C-Mod:Games), MiCr0 is the Category Mod of Tech so would have the ability and authority to sort you out.

• Advertisement

Deadly, mucho gracias!

Advertisement