Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobs in sligo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I dont see Virgin advertising for staff anywhere yet????? and there opening in a month???

Have a look here...

http://www.virginmegacareers.com

I'd apply only I know absolutely nothing about gaming. Must be getting old! :rolleyes: :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

genie wrote:

I'd apply only I know absolutely nothing about gaming. Must be getting old! :rolleyes: :D

I doubt that would matter much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mayosteve99

is tesco or dunnes taking on people ?? does anyone know??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

is tesco or dunnes taking on people ?? does anyone know??

I'm pretty sure they always are!
    Tesco is 24 hours now so I would imagine they are always looking for staff!
    Only thing is you might have to work unsociable hours!

Actually there is a vacancy in Dunnes but its a security manager one:
    http://www.candidatemanager.net/CM/micro/JobDetails.aspx?JID=x=wa(bbqmk(bbsyu~oz&MID=**t$z&SID=g@*syu~o&Site=Security

Maybe they should Hire Terry Tate!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

magnumlady wrote:
    Haven't heard it mentioned though. I thought the building at Harmony Hill was going to be a pub?

No whey, there's far too much glass in that place for a pub. It would definitely suit a bookshop with like stationary level or whatever, like the bigger easons' have, whether it will be easons or what is a different story...

Also, there are no jobs anywhere atm, I've been home six weeks and can't get anything. Next were taking on people in just bout every dept but didn't take me, even though I've over two years experience in shops. All those minimum wage jobs that used to be the students preserve are being taking by foreign nationals (nothing against them mind, its just a statement of fact as I see it).

Sorry to hear that mate. Hopefully something will come up.

Did you try up at the retail park?

Does anyone know how much HomeBase pay per hour for an entry-level sales assistant type position?

genie wrote:
    Does anyone know how much HomeBase pay per hour for an entry-level sales assistant type position?
    are they looking for staff ?? i believe it is 8.40per hour, Cousin works there

are they looking for staff ?? i believe it is 8.40per hour, Cousin works there

I don't think so, I was just curious as to what the pay was. Thanks! :)

• Advertisement

There is a managerial role available at present in Sligo according to their site!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

genie wrote:
    Have a look here...

http://www.virginmegacareers.com

I see on there it said opening date of September! I thought it was going to be August.

Yep 23rd August apparently.
    They should have just said 2007!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Gillie wrote:
    I'm pretty sure they always are!
    Tesco is 24 hours now so I would imagine they are always looking for staff!
    Only thing is you might have to work unsociable hours!

They have dedicated night shift for that, that start at around 10 or 11 but the pay is extra. I can't remember but I think it's time and a third.

anyone have a direct number for tesco , all i can get is 1890Crap , want to ask them fo work

I've pm'd you the number

tanx man!! ne other break throughs on possible job vacancys!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

cud i get the tesco number off ya aswell actually???

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If its a listed Tesco number I cant see any problem with posting it up here. Might come in handy for other job seekers.

However if its a private direct line to a managers office or the like its best dealt with by PM as Gillie has done.

Lads I have this magical tool for finding these things:

Its called Google!;) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Would you not be better calling to the store directly?
    When I was a young 'un (years and years ago) I walked the all around the town and ask all the shops about a weekend job, I ended up getting a job on the spot and started work that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

back to an earlier topic,Homebase pays €8.92 an hour.....I work there and it is around this time of year that they are looking for evening staff for weekdays

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Gillie wrote:
    Yep 23rd August apparently.
    They should have just said 2007!

I applied for virgin and after I submitted the form it said they would be having interviews in late august with opening in september. Still havent heard a thing from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

-Al- wrote:
    I applied for virgin and after I submitted the form it said they would be having interviews in late august with opening in september. Still havent heard a thing from them.
    Thing The Weekender or The Champion a week or two back had an revised opening date for the shopping centre as late September... think it must have been the 28th (a Saturday).

Someone can probably clarify.

basquille wrote:
    Thing The Weekender or The Champion a week or two back had an revised opening date for the shopping centre as late September... think it must have been the 28th (a Saturday).

Someone can probably clarify.

I read that too, I think it was the 27th though. Odd that they would open it on a Friday instead of a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Yes it said it was opening on the 27th.......although it probably wont be even open then,give it to october.Nothing in this town opens on time....its crazy

Well it was supposed to open in March, so it's still way behind schedule.

AFAIK.

The original day was supposed to be a Thursday (23rd Aug) and the revised date is a Thursday also.

Strange day to open a shopping mall?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Interviews for Virgin were held in the Radisson today. A friend of mine just missed the deadline. :(

Anyhoo. I know a few shops around are not hiring the usual amount of staff as business is slow. Way down on last year. So good luck you Jobseekers.

(If its any help, as Magnumlady said, I personally prefer it when someone walks in off the street, with a CV and a good attitude, rather than shifting through a pile of CVs.)

• Advertisement
Advertisement