Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicky Wire

Options
  • 03-07-2007 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Musically, I can take or leave The Manics (they always seem to go from rather good to rather dull in terms of material) but am I alone in having a rather strong dislike for Nicky Wire?

I mean, I'm sure those familiar with him will know what I mean, The Michael Stipe death wish, The Glastonbury comment, the willingness (up until recently it seems) to say whatever he thought would get him publicity, the political posturing, the "cooler than thou" attitude, etc etc.

Anyone else? Any fans? I know a few, they're worse than him :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Some of their songs are my all-time favourites such as Motorcycle Emptiness, Tsunami, Little Baby Nothing, and You Stole The Sun From My Heart. However, I have never liked them as people even though I had no idea that Nicky Wire did all the things you have just said he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Can't stand any of them - one of the most overrated and overhyped bands ever they even have to resort to ripping off their own back catalogue these days and those lyrics keep getting worse and worse. I can't see why he's got any reason to be so pompous he's only a bloody bass player and not even a good one at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I like the mainics most of thier material is great
    but I agree Nicky Wire can be a bit of an idiot
    not to mention his awful recent solo album

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

He still has his moments once in a while, most notably I found him right on the money about the Arctic Monkeys recently.

Advertisement