Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trophy hunting in Namibia

Options
  • 03-07-2007 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

I was watching that docu on the t.v today with Jack Osborne travelling in Namibia, so I decided to read more about the country on the internet.

I then came across this: http://www.trophyhuntafrica.com/namibia.html

Is this the most disgusting thing you have ever seen? People paying dirty money to go a shoot some of the most beautiful animals in Africa, and endangered ones at that. The thought of it is making my blood boil. Then they have the nerve to have their picture taken with their 'trophy' - disgusting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

That's pretty sad alright. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

tallus wrote:
    That's pretty sad alright. :(

I've got a great idea for a safari hunt, set the owners of this company (and their idiot clients) loose and hunt them down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

It is not just Namibia that they do it its also closer to home in Russia and more countries as well.

They have found that the tourist who watch animals (without killing them) can bring money into the country and also the ecosystem is not destroyed by killing the natural predator ie lion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It happens the world over - there is big money in illegial hunting :(

Advertisement