Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete driveway ? advice?

Options
  • 03-07-2007 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I'm in the process of buying a house which has a concrete driveway that would fit one car. Theres enough front garden to extend this to more than double the size to accomodate more cars.
    Has anyone any experience of this, and what kind of prices to expect?

(haven't measured up yet, but approx 2 car spaces).

Any recommendations on firms to use?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭TedKelly

meathmannn wrote:
    Hi folks,
    I'm in the process of buying a house which has a concrete driveway that would fit one car. Theres enough front garden to extend this to more than double the size to accomodate more cars.
    Has anyone any experience of this, and what kind of prices to expect?

(haven't measured up yet, but approx 2 car spaces).

Any recommendations on firms to use?

Cheers
    Just got the same job done meself during the week. 280 euro's for 3 metres of concrete (Roadstone) and measurements were 14ft x 17ft and with a depth of 4 inche's. 1 ton bag 804 crushed stone was 55 euro (need to rent a whacker). hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ShayC

You should shop around for the hardcore. I rang Roadstone, 50 euro a ton, rang a local place (I'm in Kildare) 25 euro a ton.

As it happens I need more and want someone with a smaller truck and so rang around a bit more and got a price of 100 for 5 ton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭meathmannn

Thanks guys,
    havent done driveway before, have laid small patios etc. would ye recommend it for a first timer?

Im guessing:
    Dig down around 10 - 12 inches
    Compact soil
    Fill with crushed stone
    Compact stone
    Pour concrete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Advertisement