Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant sleep

Options
  • 03-07-2007 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

The night before last night when i tried to get to sleep i couldnt, when i finally did get to sleep at 3.30 am (was in bed since 11pm) i had to be up for work at 6 am. The same thing happened last night, couldnt sleep either and had to be up at 6am. Been a bit stressed due to breaking up with my bf but my sleep has been ok until now.
    is there anything that can help me sleep? should i get sleeping tablets or something?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

is there anything that can help me sleep? should i get sleeping tablets or something?
    Sleeping tablets are not a healthy solution. Besides finding a new b/f and eliminating that source of stress, here are a few suggestions:
    1. Strenuous daily exercise
    2. Cut back (or cut out) coffee, tea, and caffeine loaded drinks
    3. Don't dine late, over eat, or snack late
    4. Cut back (or eliminate) smoking, especially too close to bed time
    5. Don't do recreational drugs, especially uppers
    6. Cut back on sugary foods and drinks
    7. Read a novel before bedtime (tires the eyes)
    8. Warm bubblebath near bedtime
    9. If none of these work for you, try a small glass of wine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 little_sheep

The night before last night when i tried to get to sleep i couldnt, when i finally did get to sleep at 3.30 am (was in bed since 11pm) i had to be up for work at 6 am. The same thing happened last night, couldnt sleep either and had to be up at 6am. Been a bit stressed due to breaking up with my bf but my sleep has been ok until now.

sport is really good to decrease stress level. Five or four hours before to go to bed do sport then eat healthly, good shower and it will be ok !
    but avoid any medical solution is not good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

Ya that really works. without reading would really struggle to sleep

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah you should read, you usually will fall asleep with the book on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

cant sleep
    ....clown will eat me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I find the problem with sleeping tablets is that unless you are going to stay in bed for at least 8 hours you will be very drowsey in the morning. If you can avoid them you would be better off although they do work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Sleeping tablets are unhealthy. Make sure to read the warnings and side effects on the box before buying them. Look for healthy alternatives as already suggested on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

1. Strenuous daily exercise
    8. Warm bubblebath near bedtime
    these 3 would be the best ones tbh. nothing nicer than a relaxing bath to set you up/get you comfy for a nice warm bed to get into.. mmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

hot water bottle, heat puts you to sleep

Advertisement