Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cyclist being chased by police

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

Looks like an average day cycling in Dublin traffic! Obviously, travel without a car in the US is a threat to democracy and the American way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Pure fantasy - and I love it!

Anyone else got any links to good bike ads/virals/movies?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Anyone else got any links to good bike ads/virals/movies?

Saw this one recently. Old clip of Mario Cipollini getting the candid camera treatment on Italian TV. Background is he's out training and is told by a mechanic (who's in on the joke) that his house had been burgled and a few bikes nicked. He says two guys in a camper van were spotted leaving the scene. Next thing you know, the camper van passes Mario on the road...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Why don't Irish presenters look/dress like that?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

magpie wrote:
    Why don't Irish presenters look/dress like that?

Probably for the same reason Irish cyclists don't look/dress like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Go on the boy doing it in style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

el tonto wrote:

Fair point - but even though I'm carrying a few pounds (stone?) more than Mario, I still do me best for the ladies...

Note to self: buy wraparound shades, fake tan, and jumbo tub of brylcreem...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I bet Cipo boned that presenter...

I dress like Mario, lads. What's wrong with that?
    el tonto wrote:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

That Cipollini clip has got to be the funniest of those punk'd themed clips that I've ever seen. It was highly dangerous the whole idea - especially when they were flinging debris from the camper at what must have been high speeds, without any headgear on. And if he'd gotten at those lads with the mallet before they realised it was a joke...

The man is fearless. A true knight in shining spandex.

• Advertisement

milod wrote:
    Note to self: buy wraparound shades, fake tan, and jumbo tub of brylcreem...

Got to oil up the old legs as well.
    I dress like Mario, lads. What's wrong with that?

No fear of motorists not spotting you and running you over.

More likely to get shot at by big-game hunters...
    el tonto wrote:
    No fear of motorists not spotting you and running your over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

The man is a leg-end!

Can you imagine if he crashed in the muscle skin suit? He'd look like he'd been skinned from the neck downwards :eek: .

AFP_cipo_muscles_suitp.jpg

Graham Watson has some great Cipollini photos. I think this is my favourite.

Advertisement