Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a motorhome in the UK

• 03-07-2007 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi,

It's my first time using Boards.ie so I hope I am getting the locations correct. I stumbled on the site while browsing for motorhomes. Thinking about buying a camper for some time now. Been on to all the German sites and read all the great articles on here about the advantages. Very informative re the VRT and VAT, but I am wondering if anyone can tell me if the same rules apply if importing from the UK ? I know it is probably mad to consider this option based on the exchange rate. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Unfortunately the rules re VRT and VAT apply to all imports from inside the EU (from outside the EU theres duty on top of it all)

The only advantage of buying from the Uk is that is possible to find a RHD motorhome, if you absolutely must have one.

And welcome to boards.ie !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

Thanks. This is a great site. Have learned alot from it in 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭coreilly1

Quick q on this subject too...

Planning a 6 month trip around europe. Was planning on buying a camper just for this trip and then sellling on. My question - If I buy in the UK,do my euro-tour, and then sell on when I get back,will I be able to avoid paying VRT for Ireland?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Would be nice, wouldn't it? :)

But I don't think so. You can only get around VRT if you're genuinely relocating from a different country that you have had residence in.

Travelling around for six months will hardly qualify as having had residence.

Advertisement