Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl

Options
  • 03-07-2007 9:43pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone any idea when NTL will be back, have just been to the DVD shop and there isnt a thing on the shelves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

NTL! Dont get me started. Have any of you ever had NTL work continuously for more than a week????? If you had, how lucky you are! My own NTL NEVER works! I think it absolutely disgraceful that a company is allowed to continue to work under the (non) service they provide. And then when you call to ask them about when you television will work again, you have to hold over a half an hour! Probably from all the complaints!!!! THE MOST UNRELIABLE SERVICE EVER KNOWN!!!

/rant over/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

oh, this is the first time i have had problems with them in about 6 years, there seems to be some sort of problem in phibsboro, cabra, glasnevin, drumcondra and finglas type areas

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

Apparently someone cut a cable on Mobhi rd. They say it will be back up around 6 today. Ring them to make sure that they knock a euro or so off you bill for it.(I know it's not much, but it's the principle of the thing...screw 'em!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

mossieh wrote:
    Apparently someone cut a cable on Mobhi rd. They say it will be back up around 6 today. Ring them to make sure that they knock a euro or so off you bill for it.(I know it's not much, but it's the principle of the thing...screw 'em!)

I wouldn't bother.....have you ever tried to ring them? You'll be on hold for at least half an hour, no exagerration. They probably use this to say they get zero complaints because people can't be arsed staying on the line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Listen people.NTL ARE CRAP!!Ring sky and they'll give you 600 channels for 25 quid a month and excellent customer care.AND your telly wont go off when soembody cuts a cable because its digital!The nonsense i had to put up with over the years from NTL was unreal and all for a scabby 15 channels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I've been meaning to resubscribe to Sky for a few months now.

This current situation prompted me to do it today...bye bye NTL !!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Degsy wrote:
    Listen people.NTL ARE CRAP!!Ring sky and they'll give you 600 channels for 25 quid a month and excellent customer care.AND your telly wont go off when soembody cuts a cable because its digital!The nonsense i had to put up with over the years from NTL was unreal and all for a scabby 15 channels.

the only reason you had nonesense from them was because for three years you never got around to phoning them to tell them your connection wasnt working properly, so you just sat around bitching about a problem that NTL didnt even know about

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

irishbird wrote:
    the only reason you had nonesense from them was because for three years you never got around to phoning them to tell them your connection wasnt working properly, so you just sat around bitching about a problem that NTL didnt even know about

I rang the cnuts several times and i was kept hourd waiting on the phone,then when i did get through they told me it'd be weeks before sombody came out.Fcuk em.got sky now so i'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

NTL are an awful company, there's is a wealth of threads on these boards that show it. I've no choice but to use them though, they're the only provider in my area and we can't erect any dishes. They have randomly interfered with my channels, removed some that I was getting for free and then tried to charge me for adding them back. They've also provided a consistently poor picture quality at certain times, normally weekends, and I think during live events (sport mainly). Not sure if someone tech orientated could make anything of that.

Oh, and their catch all Customer Service remedy is "I'm just re-sending the signal to your box now....can you hit "Help" and then "Yellow" on your remote".

Thing is, you really just need to accept they're awful, and decide if you're willing to put up with it. As I said I don't have a choice. The only plus point I have regarding NTL is they don't make you sign a contract. Which in itself is probably due to the fact that there's no point, as so many people would tell them to stick it.

Advertisement