Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queer Beers - Saturday August 18th

Options
  • 03-07-2007 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

As per this post it has been suggested we have a Queer Beers. Who interested, whose up for organising it, and where should we go.

For those that don't know what a Queer Beers is, its just a few pints in a pub aimed at members of this forum, all are welcome regardless of sexuality. We've run them in the past and As far as I recall we reached the dizzy heights of about 25 people at one.

I propose the first weekend in september, but by all means, its open. Others will have to suggest the hip joints to hang out, I'm far too out of the loop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Well, September is kinda far away at the moment but thumbs up for the idea here.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Wouldn't be around then - plan to be on holidays. Incidentally, one of the reasons we'd be gone around at that time is because it'd be the anniversary of us meeting at that queer beers two years ago :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

well late august then, my calender is like free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I'll defo go, would be nice to put some avatars to faces, he he

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Vinnie69

ixoy wrote:
    Wouldn't be around then - plan to be on holidays. Incidentally, one of the reasons we'd be gone around at that time is because it'd be the anniversary of us meeting at that queer beers two years ago :)
    Is that a plus or a minus for queer beers? :D I'll be there if I can slip the lead!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Lol I'd be too shy to turn up at something like that. :o

If you know people from here personally or chat to them on MSN or something, then I guess that would make it all the more easier. :D

Would be cool tho' and if the guy who created the site was there. :cool:

I met Swiss Ixoy and Stark at boards beers. The site owner? Theres five. if you feel to shy or whatever to go to the queer beers, try the offical boards beers before hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I might make this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Chatmaster wrote:
    Would be cool tho' and if the guy who created the site was there. :cool:

DeVore was at the first Queer Beers I went to. Apparently the hair dragged him along or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

could of mass booked those 1cent ryan air flights to london/berlin or somewhere - queer beers with a difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Sounds like a recipe for drama if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Boston wrote:
    ... go to the queer beers, try the offical boards beers before hand.

Cool thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ixoy wrote:
    Incidentally, one of the reasons we'd be gone around at that time is because it'd be the anniversary of us meeting at that queer beers two years ago :)
    Alltogether now: AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwww...:D

=-=

I may go. Bound to be some hot looking lesbians there*

*low dig, but it had to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

So I was talking to Boston and he was suggesting Saturday August 18th as the date for the beers. How does that suit everyone?

Also a question on if I should try and box somewhere? Thats usually alot of hassle unless people are willing to turn up early Normally results in myself and stark sitting around waiting for everyone else. Also venue?

Due to lack of interest all round I think its safe to cancel this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Mawg

Sounds like a great idea to me. I'd definately go. Any date before September is good. (I'm moving back to the Wesht in August for college)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Ah bugger I didn't notice this thread, I would have gone *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

is it still on or no?

If there's serious interest I'll consider organising one in september some time, otherwise no, this will not be on this weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement