Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Routers(1 wired, 1 wireless) on same network

• 03-07-2007 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

At home I have a wireless router connected to broadband and a desktop in the attic. This wireless network works fine throughout the house except in the bottom room. I have another router but it's only a wired one. Is there anyway I can use this wired router in the bottom room?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

You'll need to put the second router into bridge mode. Then connect it to the router upstairs that's connected to the Internet. The best way is to run CAT5/CAT5e cable between the two routers -- from one port of the router upstairs to one port of the router downstairs.

If you're not up for chasing walls or putting conduits on the wall, you can use a device that will run network traffic over your power lines in your home. I'd recommend you use one of these:
    1. Devolo Highspeed Starter Kit
    2. Netgear Powerline adapters
    These will act as a cable between the two routers. Speeds are better than wireless also.

You could also connect them wirelessly by purchasing another device but that might not be the best solution considering the wireless reception downstairs isn't great.

Advertisement