Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Trust Announcement (xposted with permission)

Options
  • 03-07-2007 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

Dogs Trust are delighted to announce that we will be offering through our participating vets in Limerick and Mayo from 1st of July to 30th of September free neutering, vaccinating and flea/worm spot on to all residents regardless of means. Please contact our office on 01-2109426 for further information. Offer is only available as a whole package with neutering compulsory.

This is brilliant and I hope the uptake will be HUGE, so please spread the good news!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

This is excellent! I hope loads of people take up the offer! What a brilliant idea for dogs trust to come up with! I love the part about neutering being compulsory!

Lets hope lots of doggies are seen to now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

Any ideas if they will be doing it down the country? I think it is a fantastic idea. Might help bring down the unwanted dogs/pups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Why not give them a ring, Corkimp? :)

EGAR wrote:
    Why not give them a ring, Corkimp? :)

I never thought of that! lol. i will in a bit and let ye know what happens.

edit: Just rang them there and no they aren't doing the free scheme anywhere else. But they are doing the neutering/spaying in vets that the owner when they are on benefits only pays €14 and they cover the rest. That's fantastic to be honest. I mean I'm currently unemployed and priced how much it is to get her done - if she is between 20-30kg it'll be €211 and 30-40kg €262. She is now 15.7kg at 5 months! need I say more! I think my jaw dropped tbh! lol. The girl I spoke to was lovely - really helpful. Definately sending them some money to them once I'm working again.:D :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Great idea and generous idea. My collie needs to be spayed - I am not sure do they do female dogs?

Limerick is not too far and its a good road up there now. :)

• Advertisement

They most likely would - give them a ring. They'll give you a list of vets who are doing it. I think a female has to stay overnight in the vets to make sure all is ok. :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Edgar this is really super, but it needs advertising to make people aware of it....Is there any plans to advertise it on local radio stations or newspapers or fliers..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

corkimp wrote:
    - if she is between 20-30kg it'll be €211 and 30-40kg €262. She is now 15.7kg at 5 months! need I say more! I think my jaw dropped tbh! lol.

Thats very expensive:eek: My big lurcher was €145 (hes 20-30kg)

corkimp wrote:
    I never thought of that! lol. i will in a bit and let ye know what happens.

edit: Just rang them there and no they aren't doing the free scheme anywhere else. But they are doing the neutering/spaying in vets that the owner when they are on benefits only pays €14 and they cover the rest. That's fantastic to be honest. I mean I'm currently unemployed and priced how much it is to get her done - if she is between 20-30kg it'll be €211 and 30-40kg €262. She is now 15.7kg at 5 months! need I say more! I think my jaw dropped tbh! lol. The girl I spoke to was lovely - really helpful. Definately sending them some money to them once I'm working again.:D :)
    The €14 scheme is great in principle it only covers those in receipt of means tested payments. It excludes people who are claiming illness benefit and unemployment benefit as these are not means tested. So a person on the dole can excluded as they are getting paid on the basis of their PRSI contributions and probably would not be able to afford full price neutering. It is this part of it I don't agree with.

Bond-007 wrote:
    The €14 scheme is great in principle it only covers those in receipt of means tested payments. It excludes people who are claiming illness benefit and unemployment benefit as these are not means tested. So a person on the dole can excluded as they are getting paid on the basis of their PRSI contributions and probably would not be able to afford full price neutering. It is this part of it I don't agree with.

Oh bugger - I'm on the job seekers benefit - would that be covered? I know you have to be getting the dole but after that I haven't an iota what happens. I'll have to go back to the vet to get her wormed again in 5 weeks time now so might get her neutered round then or sooner possibly if I'm suitable. I asked the girl about the jobseekers and she just said bring in proof of me being on it and tell the vet I spoke to them and book her in.:confused:

Fits- ya it is expensive but its more cos of the spaying being a more invasive surgery - fellas get it easy :p . I'll get her done under 30kg def! I suppose 6 months is the norm isn't it?

• Advertisement

Jobseekers benefit no, Jobseekers allowance yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

corkimp wrote:
    Fits- ya it is expensive but its more cos of the spaying being a more invasive surgery - fellas get it easy :p . I'll get her done under 30kg def! I suppose 6 months is the norm isn't it?

Sorry I didnt realise you had a bitch... It sounds about right then :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

THE DOGS TRUST SUBSIDISED NEUTERING & SPAYING SCHEME

If you are in receipt of benefits you may qualify for the scheme.
    Owners pay €14.00 per dog to be neutered and spayed and the Dogs Trust will cover the remaining balance.

Please bring in proof of the following benefits to qualify for the discount;

Unemployment Assistance
    Disability Allowance
    Supplementary Welfare Allowance
    Blind Pension
    Carer's Allowance
    Old Age Non-Contributory Allowance
    Pre-Retirement Allowance
    Widowers' Non-Contributory Allowance
    Deserted Wives' Allowance
    Prisoners' Wife Allowance
    One Payment Family Allowance
    Orphans' Non-Contributory Pension
    Please ask your vet for details and book your dog in now or contact The Dogs Trust on 0121 09426 or dogstrust@eircom.net.

What's happening in Limerick and Mayo is seperate from above mentioned scheme.

Advertisement