Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top 5 360 Games Out Now?

• 04-07-2007 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭

According to xbox.about.com these are the top 5 Xbox 360 games out right now:

Oblivion
    Rainbow Six: Vegas
    Fight Night Round 3
    Gears Of War
    And PGR 3

For me Id have to say:

1. Forza 2 (just cant get enough of this game!)

2. The Darkness (great game, really easy to pick up and play)

3. Rainbox Six: Vegas (great game when I first got it but havent played in a while)

4. Saints Row (great game and Im still getting loads of fun out of it)

5. Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Fantastic new release as Im a big fan of the series but I expected more)

I have played alot of the 360 games currently out as I have a [cough]modded[/cough] xbox 360 and these were my favourites to date.

Well whats your top 5 360 games out so far???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I havent played the darkness................. yet
    but forza was good for a few days then i got bored with it, type of game you can play then leave for a while and comeback to.

Overlord has taken up all of my time anyway, havent been this into a game since oblivion last year or zelda on the wii. Absolutely loving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

"Castlevania: Symphony of the Night" is ahead of the rest by a country mile imho.

2 - Gears of War
    3 - Crackdown
    4 - PGR3
    5 - Lost Planet

(I have Forza 2 and the Darkness on the way to me, so that list will most likely change soon...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Imo and in no particular order:

Rainbow 6: Las Vegas
    Forza Motorsport 2
    Project Gotham Racing 3
    Splinter Cell: Double Agent
    Call of Duty 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I don`t think I have a top 5... I haven`t really been impressed with any of the games I have played on the 360 so far. Just a couple of examples:

Splinter Cell... pretty dissappointing imo, it wrecked my head how for half the game you couldn`t use any weapons or take out guards. It looked good, but having played the other Splinter Cell games (and MGS!) there didn`t seem to be a whole lot to it.

Saints Row... some parts were good but it was incredibly buggy and its the first game I have ever played that I have had to switch of an restart because of bugs such as falling through the pavement. And the stupid respect system really annoyed me... side missions are fine, but for me anyway its all about the main storyline and I didnt appreciate being forced to do side missions to continue the storyline!

As I`ve mentioned before, I`m still waiting for the first wow moment on the 360... I picked up The Darkness last night so hopefully that will provide it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

For me, it would be these in no particular order:

Guitar Hero II - (cant stop playing)
    Forza 2
    Gears of War
    Crackdown

although I'm enjoying dirt and call of Juarez i must say at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Ive a newbie on 360 so only played 5, but
    Gears Of War
    Crackdown
    Saints Row
    Splinter Cell: DA
    Pro Evo 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

I must be the only oddball that likes Virtua Tennis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Probably, in alphabetical order...

Dead Rising
    Gears of War
    Oblivion
    RB6 Vegas
    Viva Pinata

I'd be tempted to add Condemned and maybe COD2, and recently I enjoyed The Darkness (haven't given Overlord a proper play yet but it seems like fun).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

In no particular order:

Gears of War
    Rainbow Six Vegas
    Burnout Revenge
    Call of Duty 2
    Oblivion

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

In general mish-mash order:

Castlevania: SotN
    Oblivion
    Gears of War
    The Darkness
    Guitar Hero 2

If you are looking for 360 only games, replace Castlevania with Earth Defence Force 2017.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

well of the games i have so far:

1: Oblivion
    2: Gears of war
    3: Dead rising
    4: pgr3
    5: crackdown

*though tbh, i havent really played crackdown much so it will change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Not in order but:
    Castlevania: SOTN
    Guitar Hero II
    Oblivion
    Fight Night Round 3
    R6 Vegas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Best racer: DiRT
    Best Shooter: Gears of war
    Best FPS: The Darkness (imo, will no doubt be flamed by cod fanboys :D)
    Best Zombies: Dead Rising
    Best sports: FN03

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭BMcG05

Iompair wrote:
    I must be the only oddball that likes Virtua Tennis

nope, you're not alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I like Virtua Tennis too, great game, but its not in my top 5:

(in no particular order)
    GOW
    Rainbow 6 Vegas
    GRAW 2
    The Darkness
    C&C3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I really dont think GoW should be up there. I mean, sure the game is outstandingly pretty but apart from that there's not much there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

in no particular order.

-dead rising
    -oblivion
    -rainbow six:vegas(this is miles better than GoW,but thats just my opinion)
    -c&c 3

-uhh...halo2:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I really dont think GoW should be up there. I mean, sure the game is outstandingly pretty but apart from that there's not much there.

I think I like GoW because I dislike Halo so much. IMO, it gets the so called "30 seconds of great gameplay, over and over" just right, whereas Halo started to seem repetitive to me at around the 61 second mark. The gameplay is consistently intense, the graphics stunning and overall just geat fun to play. It is also the first game I played properly online, and very much enjoyed it. In between game limbo, I often rip out GoW - there is always one insane achievement left to grab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Fony Tenton

Well my top 5 at the moment would be

Guitar hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gears
    Top Spin 2(great craic playing doubles)
    Playing Call of duty 2 through again(Must get 3 too)
    Crackdown

Sending my box of for repair,miss it already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

1. Assassins Creed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

My current top 5:

1. Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (Still)
    2. Forza Motorsport 2 (Brilliant racer)
    3. Guitar Hero II (Just endless fun, so origional)
    4. Virtua Tennis 3 (Wimbeldon just makes you crave it)
    5. Fight Night Round 3 (May never be knocked from my Top 5)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

oblivion (still have to get the new bit for it)
    gears of war
    saints row
    splinter cell
    quake

most of the games are a bit lacking to be honest hopefully there will be some good ones coming out soon cant wait for assains creed,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,922 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

1 Gears of War
    2 Oblivion
    3 Guitar Hero 2
    4 Rainbow 6
    5 Crackdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭padraig_f

My favourites...

Guitar Hero 2
    Crackdown
    Hitman: Blood Money
    Tony Hawk's Project 8
    Test Drive Unlimited

Virtua Tennis 3 is a good game, my only problem with it is that it's pretty much the same game that came out years ago on the Dreamcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

1. Rainbow Six Vegas
    2. Gears of War
    3.Fight Night Round 3
    4.Dead Rising
    5.Crackdown

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What are the best games on Live at the moment? I'm getting myself one in a few days, and i already bought Rainbow Six Vegas, but what else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

1.rainbow 6-vegas(completely blown away by this game)
    2.Gears of war(not too much to it buts its great craic and after all thats why we buy games, FOR FUN!)
    3.colin mcrae(never had so much satisfaction throwing a car around a tarmac road)
    i'd like to throw in graw but after playing vegas it seems very inforeior and unresponsive for some reason and dare i say a little too hard for a medium setting difficulty, still a great game in its own right though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

Pro 6
    Oblivion
    Gears of War
    Saints Row
    Dead rising

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

1. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night: A classic and not beaten by anything on the xbxo360
    2. Rainbow Six Vegas: Don't bother with GoW this is infinitely better as a single player game and even more so in multiplayer.
    3. Dead Rising: Loads of zombies, whats not to like. Tough to get into but very rewarding and original.
    4. Earth Defence Force: Can't believe I'm the first to mention this. Cheap and tacky but an enormous amount of fun for the price. Great Co-op.
    5. Viva Pinata: Cute graphics disguise a very tough and addictive management game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I see a lot of people saying Forza 2, but does anyone else find the lack of music during races incredibly boring? :(

Advertisement