Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 24 (Spoilers)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Marshley

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm very sorry to say that.....

I'M GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LAD!! Nothing like it, absolutely AWESOME!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

jesus theres still TONS of good seats available, getting floor seats constantly offered to me, just need 2 on block 45!

holy crap i just got offered 2x 745 tickets in f8! row k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 jebroni3_16

First things first, congrats FutureGuy - glad you managed to get hold of some tickets. Second things second...
    R.Rated wrote: »
    Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I got Row A in F16, im the first row right behind ringside and right beside the tv side of aisle. Its wierd that me and a few mates only decided last night that we would go.
    R Rated - I am SO jealous right now! We managed to get some in Row T in that section on the presale, so we'll be a bit behind you. Just be kind and don't hold your signs up too much! :)
    How many of you are going tho? And did you get those offered straight away? And if two of them can't make it for any reason, you fancy selling them on?!

I wish I could find out whether they will number the seats from the left side or the right side upwards tho.
    krudler wrote: »
    i need either 2 in block 45 or 4 together somewhere else, its a balls that I have to spend money on tickets i might not need but I can sell them back at the arena when I get there

Krudler, do you mean sell them back to the event or just try and sell them on? I've overbought for both Rumbles I've been to and maanged to sell them back to Ticketmaster but they've kept most of their extortionate charges.

Have you sold them back / on at the event before? And how did you do? I'm not looking to make profit either, but if I end up putting them on Ebay, I'll have to add slight mark-up to cover the charges.

First things first, congrats FutureGuy - glad you managed to get hold of some tickets. Second things second...

R Rated - I am SO jealous right now! We managed to get some in Row T in that section on the presale, so we'll be a bit behind you. Just be kind and don't hold your signs up too much! :)

Krudler, do you mean sell them back to the event or just try and sell them on? I've overbought for both Rumbles I've been too and amanged to sell them back to Ebay but they've kept most of their extortionate charges.

Have you sold them back / on at the event before? And how did you do? I'm not looking to make profit either, but if I end up putting them on Ebay, I'll have to add slight mark-up to cover the charges.

id just sell them for face value,or more if i was offered it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

"Your Ticket(s)
    Section
    Row
    Seats
    Description
    F41
    F
    19 - 20
    PRICE LEVEL 2
    FIELD SEATING
    RESERVED SEATING
    Type
    2 Adult

Ticket Price
    US $245.00 x 2

Convenience Charge
    US $15.15 x 2

Building Facility Charge
    US $5.00 x 2"

GOD these seats better be good...its the camera side hopefully no big poles or anything are blocking us...do ye think those seats are ok???

id just sell them for face value,or more if i was offered it

Oh, so you didn't mean back to the venue then? I think I'd rather get it sorted in advance, even if it meant taking a slight hit on the fees. I abhor touts /scalpers and so wouldn't want to make a bean, but just cover the cost to me, but would prefer not to be exchanging tickets for approx $550 in public!

Oh, so you didn't mean back to the venue then? I think I'd rather get it sorted in advance, even if it meant taking a slight hit on the fees. I abhor touts /scalpers and so wouldn't want to make a bean, but just cover the cost to me, but would prefer not to be exchanging tickets for approx $550 in public!

can you sell them to the arena? didnt think theyd buy them since its essentially giving you a refund for them, maybe they would though

callaway92 wrote: »
    GOD these seats better be good...its the camera side hopefully no big poles or anything are blocking us...do ye think those seats are ok???

I think it's really difficult to tell this year because of the size of the venue. I can't imagine the seating plan is entirely to scale so I'm going to dig out WM23 as that was a similar sized venue and look at how that was laid out and see how it looks from there.

F35 for example looks as though it's towards the corner of the pitch and I can't understand how those tickets would cost more than 54 with a direct view of the ring. But I supposed they have to start their groupings somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

Im heading over with 3 mates and we just booked flights so we def wont be selling them. How long is everybody going for? We are flying into Orlando on the 27th and flying home on Apr 10th from Miami, we plan on going to TNA, RoH(even though i hate it) and the RAW and SD after WM25

• Advertisement

Im heading over with 3 mates and we just booked flights so we def wont be selling them. How long is everybody going for? We are flying into Orlando on the 27th and flying home on Apr 10th from Miami, we plan on going to TNA, RoH(even though i hate it) and the RAW and SD after WM25

im planning on flying out on the 27th and back on either the 3rd of april or 7th havent decided if we're going for 7 or 10 days

can you sell them to the arena? didnt think theyd buy them since its essentially giving you a refund for them, maybe they would though

LOL don't think so - I just thought that was what you originally meant!

Some joker's already got tickets on Ticketexchange for section 226 at $395 each... despite the fact there are LOADS of floor tickets still on the official site.

I know I love the way people claim "ringside" seats on ebay when theyre in the stands!

There is a thing on ticketmaster.com about selling your tickets back. Its on the top of the page in which you search for tickets. Hope this helps anybody

There is a thing on ticketmaster.com about selling your tickets back. Its on the top of the page in which you search for tickets. Hope this helps anybody

think you actually need to physically have the tickets though dont think you can do it with willcall, im def going for a travel package next year save all the hassle of presales n stuff, guaranteed decent seats and all the extras its well worth it

holy crap i just got offered 2x 745 tickets in f8! row k

That was pretty much where we were for Rumble this year. Great view for that event as you could se who was coming in while watching the action. Would've been amazing were it not for the dweeb sat behind us who kept shouting to RVD and Orton to "go to TNA". I wish he'd gone there...

think you actually need to physically have the tickets though dont think you can do it with willcall, im def going for a travel package next year save all the hassle of presales n stuff, guaranteed decent seats and all the extras its well worth it
    Agreed. Is there any way of getting hold of Hall of Fame tickets now or are they only for the Ringside crowd?!

Agreed. Is there any way of getting hold of Hall of Fame tickets now or are they only for the Ringside crowd?!

theyll go on sale around jan/feb like last year, that does sell out in minutes though and if flair is going in as rumoure itll be seconds

Cheers R.Rated - sadly this is for US residents only. I guess it was the only way they could stop British touts getting in on the action and ruining it even more than the US ones do already.

Do you know, it's not even the professional touts that annoy me as much, as they're the ones stood outside the venues, come rain or shine and at least taking a semblance of a risk. It's the kids on the internet who buy tickets for anything and everything a soon as they come out (Chris Rock in London for example) and then just sell them on to genuine fans who missed out because they were at work or just couldn't get what they wanted. I blame Ebay... and the fact that a large percentage of people are scum! lol

according to wwe.com 41,000 tickets sold in 30 mins today,thats insane

• Advertisement

according to wwe.com 41,000 tickets sold in 30 mins today,thats insane

I find that difficult to believe. There are plenty of floor seats still available although it does look like all the $750 and $145 tickets have gone (or the remaining ones are being blocked by people still in the procedure of 'buying' them) and the $90 seats aren't great.

Awww crap. Just seen that Moolah's passed away. I was really looking forward to seeing her and Mae Young there and am 100% serious about this. They've been such good tv value for the last few years, not to mention their achievements in the decades before that. If St Peter didn't have the pearly gates open and wiaiting for her, I have the feeling she'd have just gone ahead and ripped them straight off!

seems the $145 were the first to go, suppose theyre raised seats so why not, hope to god my section is tiered

It's weird cos I guess I assumed that people would always want to be as close as possible, but I guess some people are happy enough to sit a bit further away, opposite the tv cameras and with a decent view.

Might have to get Summerslam 92 out and see how they erected the covering for the ring there and see if it looks like there will be poles obstructing the view at all.

cant wait find out where 25 will be on, would love to see it back in the astrodome that was a class arena, the roof is cool, def travel package for me next year though

seems the $145 were the first to go, suppose theyre raised seats so why not, hope to god my section is tiered
    Are they definitely raised then?

I suppose some of the $90 seats in 109 must have really good views then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 FrankDaTank

I find that difficult to believe. There are plenty of floor seats still available although it does look like all the $750 and $145 tickets have gone (or the remaining ones are being blocked by people still in the procedure of 'buying' them) and the $90 seats aren't great.

Awww crap. Just seen that Moolah's passed away. I was really looking forward to seeing her and Mae Young there and am 100% serious about this. They've been such good tv value for the last few years, not to mention their achievements in the decades before that. If St Peter didn't have the pearly gates open and wiaiting for her, I have the feeling she'd have just gone ahead and ripped them straight off!

ALL-TIME GREAT THE FABULOUS MOOLAH PASSES AWAY
    by Mike Johnson @ 11:38:08 AM on 11/3/2007

World Wrestling Entertainment announced this morning that long-time WWF Women's champion The Fabulous Moolah has passed away. The WWE website did not list a cause of death. By my records, she was 74 years old.

Moolah was a four time WWF Women's champion and was responsible for training many of the female performers from her generation. She was renowned for having the longest running championship reign (28 years) of any champion ever in professional wrestling history and was at the forefront of the WWF's national expansion during the "Rock N' Wrestling" era, managing Leilani Kai against Cyndi Lauper's charge, Wendi Richter.

Moolah, who was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 1995, still made semi-regular appearances alongside Mae Young for the company as late as this year. Her career was recognized in the documentary "Lipstick and Dynamite" and she released an autobiography via WWE in 2004.

Moolah had recently undergone an eye transplant and was scheduled to have her shoulder replaced. She had suffered the passing of her brother, the last of 12 siblings, several months ago.

Link: http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=27411&p=1. It's also on WWE.com, and according to IMDB (http://imdb.com/name/nm0255214/) She's 84.

800px-Citrus_Bowl_aerial_view.jpg

Citrus_Bowl_HT.jpg

Thats pretty much the only big decent pics i can find of the arena,theres no way id be able to sit at the top of the back tier I'd get vertigo, 6 months to go now......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

well done to everyone that got tickets for mania...............................

I remember reading that the cities up for consideration for WMXXV are Boston, Dallas and Las Vegas. Id love personally for it to be Boston as its handier to get to and iv been to Vegas.

• Advertisement

vegas is mad expensive too, boston would be cool but they really should put it on in huge football arenas it really adds to the feel of the event

vegas is mad expensive too, boston would be cool but they really should put it on in huge football arenas it really adds to the feel of the event

With football arenas the pyro could literally be blown through the roof.
    I would much prefer football arenas than indoor ones provided that it didnt rain.I read a while back that the favourite for WM 25 is Dallas.Id rather Boston aswell though

Im def going to go to 25 aswell though regardless of what the city is like. A quick question for Krudler, what was the Hall of Fame like and what wrestlers did you meet?

Im def going to go to 25 aswell though regardless of what the city is like. A quick question for Krudler, what was the Hall of Fame like and what wrestlers did you meet?

The HOF tickets are not included in the 745 or 245 dollar WM tickets no?
    When do the HOF ones go on sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

No the HOF tickets are separate, congrats to all of you who got ticket

My brother tells me they were easy to get, which is a shocker, We'll are deffo gonna see a sellout vid on Raw on Monday i'd say true or not

It's killer having to wait to see where exactly you are sitting, I dont even have an idea its ringside yeah but it could be at any side or a few rows back, I cant wait to find out, praying for front row tv side haha

See you guys at Wrestlemania wooooo!!

Still $245 dollar tickets at nearly 5pm, if I was WWE i'd be diappointed I known its a huge venue but still

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

You purchased 2 tickets to:
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Wrestlemania XXIV
    Florida Citrus Bowl, Orlando, FL
    Sun, Mar 30, 2008 06:30 PM

Seat location: section F33, row F, seats 29-30
    Total Charge: US $ 536.85

Looking at the seating chart, I think these *should* be pretty decent. Depends whether the seat numbers are going right-to-left or vice versa.

Section F32
    Row D
    Seats 13

These kind of tickets still there?, how does ticketmaster work you can get worse tickets then better tickets after, best available my ass

Gillette Stadium!

its crazy that there was better seats available a half hour after tickets went on general sale than 2 minutes into the presale on thur

and there still are now, nearly 6 hours after they went on sale i can still get $245 seats

• Advertisement

gillettestadium1.jpg

EdK wrote: »
    gillettestadium1.jpg

Hmm, nice pic EdK, whats weird is that other pics show that the stadium seats were alot higher up (rasied off the level of the floor). I'm beginning to wonder if my seats are going to be totally blocked by all the fans in front of me:(

That pic is the Gillette stadium is Boston i was just saying it would be a good venue and Boston is a nice city and easy to get to

orlando_citrus2.jpg

This is a good one of the Citrus Bowl slightly small pic though

Ah, I ws thinking...wow they really refurbished the Citrus Bowl since the last pic lol :rolleyes:

There's a slight problem. My gf is Polish, and I could have sworn that Polish peeps didn't need Visas (like us). Of course on the Visa they ask where you are staying and other such questions...however we could book flights and accomodation only to be told no Visa :( Looks like a trip to Krakow before we go to Orlando :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Maybe not, Polish Embassy in Dublin might be able to look after her. South African work colleague had visa issues and he went to the SA Embassy to get that sorted.

To get back to the topic, i actually prefer Mania to be indoors. Outdoors can't contain crowd reactions like indoor venues can.

VR!

All football stadiums are pretty similar though

Thanks VR! That's what we are hoping too! Was your friends issue work-related or personal?

I was thinking about the disadvantages of it being outdoor, especially the fact it's going to be bright...still WM is WM :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Thanks VR! That's what we are hoping too! Was your friends issue work-related or personal?

I was thinking about the disadvantages of it being outdoor, especially the fact it's going to be bright...still WM is WM :D

His was work, it was due to expire.
    As for it being bright. One of the beautiful things i remember about Mania III, was that Savage v Steamboat started during the day and it was bright, but the sun was beginning to set as Savage was leaving the run after he lost his IC title.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hendo9

I managed to get some tickets earlier on today...Tiered seating...I dont think they will have any raised seating on the pitch level as the people in the proper tiered seating around the pitch wouldnt be able to see then.

Anyway, back to what was my original point.

Im from Birmingham, UK, and all day since getting my tickets have been looking for the cheapest possible DIRECT flights (ideally) to Orlando + the hotel, but cannot seem to find any DIRECT flights whatsoever.

I think that we're going to stay in the Quality Inn, sounds like a few people will be going in there but what are people doing for their flights over?

Finally, where will the HOF actually be, what would you say the ticket prices will be , and is there any rules stating what must be worn?

Hope someone can help, this is also my first Wrestlemania!

• Advertisement
Advertisement