Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 24 (Spoilers)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Hall of Fame is rumoured to be in the Amway Arena tickets last year were $80 and $50

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hendo9

Thanks for that...is that the former TD Waterhouse where Orlando Magic play their NBA games?

Any help on the other points would be much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Travelbug

Well this is gonna be my 5th wrestlemania. Coming from Western Aus... I got seats first row behind ringside.. sect 32 I think it was. I hope they are good seats.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hendo9 wrote: »
    I managed to get some tickets earlier on today...Tiered seating...I dont think they will have any raised seating on the pitch level as the people in the proper tiered seating around the pitch wouldnt be able to see then.

I think the blue seats are gradually raised to the level of the first seats in the stand...it won't be much but it should make a difference.

Anyways looking at my seats I think we have a pretty clear line to the ring.

I woke up this morning and remembered *I'm going to Wrestlemania* :)

What if your in the front row of the stand, they wouldnt raise any pitch seats as they wouldnt be able to see at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

rossie1977 wrote: »

you can still easily get hotels on international drive (where i would advise stay by the way, its about 8 miles to the Citrus bowl but at the centre of all thats happening non-wrestling wise) for about $60 a night (room will include 2 double beds and can be increased to a pullout bed so you can get 5 in a room)

Is that $60 per person or for everyone?

Went my local travel agent today and booked up a flight and hotel combination for 27th March-3rd April.

On International Drive, staying at the Wynham Inn, going to sort out HOF tickets when there available hopefully (I guess the date will be put up in here?) and im all sorted for Wrestlemania baby!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 deviniscool

Hey guys.

I just got a seat in F24, row G seat 26 (I think).

Anyone know if this will be a decent seat? It seems a common question to ask but I'm curious, because I don't know if seat 26 is further from the aisle or closer to it. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 absar

Hey guys.

I just got a seat in F24, row G seat 26 (I think).

Anyone know if this will be a decent seat? It seems a common question to ask but I'm curious, because I don't know if seat 26 is further from the aisle or closer to it. Thanks!

honestly i dont know. how much did you pay? it looks like its almost behind the titantron

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Anyways looking at my seats I think we have a pretty clear line to the ring.

I woke up this morning and remembered *I'm going to Wrestlemania* :)

What seats do you have

absar wrote: »
    honestly i dont know. how much did you pay? it looks like its almost behind the titantron

Behind the tron? Wouldn't the tron be all the way to the left, where it says North? I paid 250, so I'm under the impression it's a decent place to be at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 The King of Kin

Are you guys renting a car?? i have 2 tix and im not sure who im going with yet but i dont have my license so i might take my dad who does drive but who knows

http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&groupID=106770302

Anyone going to WM and have a Myspace join up and talk to others who are going as well

Behind the tron? Wouldn't the tron be all the way to the left, where it says North? I paid 250, so I'm under the impression it's a decent place to be at.

im sure that they will be fine ull have a better view of the ring than i will forsure

Hey does anyone know if the blue section (27-47) are on bleachers or chairs? im on f45 so im wondering

20876s.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

killyourtv wrote: »
    Is that $60 per person or for everyone?

$60 per room and you can fit up to 4 people in that room (2 double beds) and possibly 5 people with a pull out bed https://reservations.ihotelier.com/crs/step1.cfm?hotelid=2021&languageid=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Hey does anyone know if the blue section (27-47) are on bleachers or chairs? im on f45 so im wondering

20876s.gif

im in that block too, thats roughly where i was for wrestlemania 23 so its the seating is similar it will be raised but im in row C so it might be flat,should have a good view though

20876s.gif

You'll be on the field. I'm in the block diagonally opposite you (33), 6th row and seats in the 20s. I *think* the seats are numbered from right top left so we should be close to block 32. Either way, we should have a clear line of sight in the lane between block 7 and blocks 5/6. Fingers crossed anyways :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 FrankDaTank

I'm sitting in Floor 52, Row B with two of my friends. I don't know how good or bad the seats are? It looks like it's pretty decent, but what do you guys think?

I'm sitting in Floor 52, Row B with two of my friends. I don't know how good or bad the seats are? It looks like it's pretty decent, but what do you guys think?

The green section will almost certainly be raised seats so those should be good seats with nice view.

Seems everyone wanted floor seats apart from me, I must be strange...

• Advertisement

In retrospect, I really should have gone for the guaranteed raides seats (in the stand) but I took a gamble and hoped that the blue ones were slightly raised. We'll see in about 5 months time :)

im in Block 119 on the tiered seating

Does anyone know when the Wrestlemania website will be put up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Marshley

fatal wrote: »
    With football arenas the pyro could literally be blown through the roof.
    I would much prefer football arenas than indoor ones provided that it didnt rain.I read a while back that the favourite for WM 25 is Dallas.Id rather Boston aswell though

No chance of Boston outdoors in March/April. It'd be absolutely freezing, and more than likely rain! :)

Anyone think there'll be a PPV in Wembley next year? I wouldnt doubt it as the place is massive and has gotten big exposure in the States thanks to the Dolphins/Giants game there last week,would be an incredible arena to see a WWE show 800px-Wembley_Panorama-England_Vs_Italy_U21s.jpg

As good as it would be to have Wrestlemania in the UK, I just can't see them taking it out for America/Canada. Just to get a Summerslam like in 1992 would be cool

Waaaaaaay back in the thread, the question was asked as to what matches will appear at WM24. And now that I'm going, I'd love to know what everyone thinks?

Orton v HHH? :)
    Undertaker v Edge? :)
    Batista v Lashley? :cool:
    Khali vs Big Daddy V? :confused:

orton v hhh/hbk
    taker v edge
    MITB ladder match jeff/finlay/mvp (winner)/ rey/kennedy/umaga?
    beth v mickie/candice

um....bout all i can think of really, the MITB may not be a good idea this year as it puts too many guys in one match, or maybe have it back to 6 rather than 8 like this year

Is there even going to be a MITB ladder match this year?? there is no where to hang the briefcase from and what about kennedys entrance lol?

Is there even going to be a MITB ladder match this year?? there is no where to hang the briefcase from and what about kennedys entrance lol?

A satellite in geosynchronous orbit. Then again, maybe not :p Actually maybe this year they could go with...Money In The Bank-Cage Match or some other variation?

• Advertisement

i think orton v hhh is a certainty.

I never thought about the fact that MITB wouldn't be possible. Don't like the fact that it probably won't happen. You need at least one gimmick match with some high spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Lads, I can bet ye there will infact be a place to hang the briefcase etc. WWE will have to have a structure over the ring. For lights, pyro etc.

As for WM in Wembley next year, I think it could well happen, but I'd prefer to have it in a fully roofed arena next year. So unless they have a roof on Wembley, I'm against it!

Also, I'll prob be in the States next year around 'Maina time, so it better be in the US!

Minto wrote: »
    Lads, I can bet ye there will infact be a place to hang the briefcase etc. WWE will have to have a structure over the ring. For lights, pyro etc.

As for WM in Wembley next year, I think it could well happen, but I'd prefer to have it in a fully roofed arena next year. So unless they have a roof on Wembley, I'm against it!

Also, I'll prob be in the States next year around 'Maina time, so it better be in the US!

No chance of Wembley for Mania; it's just too cold and too much risk of bad weather.

A Summerslam on the other hand would certianly be possible.... 730pm start in the UK would mean 230pm start on the US East Coast... more than possible. It's not totally out of the question for one PPV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

I'm going to Wretlemania too! A friend of got tickets, apparently we're only a few rows from ringside, woo hoo!

Minto wrote: »

wembley does have a closeable roof,wouldnt be surprised to see some sort of uk only ppv or maybe another summerslam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ads85

.....the Monday Night Raw after that (wrestlemania) in Tampa. .

Hi Frank/all,
    Im currently planning my travel arrangements for my trip to the US for Wrestlemania 24 and aim to also attend a Raw and Smackdown taping while I'm there.

I read here that it was suggested that Raw the night after Wrestlemania would be held in Tampa, a google search lead me to this"
    From http://www.prowrestlingevents.tk/
    March 31st, 2008:
    WWE @ St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa, Florida, USA.

...but this website:
    http://www.aceticket.com/search.php?stage=1&headliner=&state=FL&Submit=Find
    has tickets advertised for the same venue,on the same night for another event (ice hockey i think).

I sent an email to the St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa who responded saying that there is indeed a hockey match on the evening of March 31 2008, with no mention of a wwe event.

So does anyone know where the Raw and Smackdown tapings will held both the week before and after Wrestlemania? :confused:

Cheers.

Wembley doesn't have a closeable roof, they spent £850+ on a stadium that looks exactly like Arsenals Emirates; only slightly bigger :(

I was over at the Nou Camp in Barcelona on Sunday night, now that is impressive; 99,000 seats (upgrading to 115,000 in 2009-2010, plus a full roof). Perfect setting for a WM imo.

anyone who has been over to Wimbledon tennis in June will know holding something outside in london at any time of year is suicide, though vince did try it in 1992. There is no chance Wembley will get a major WWE pay-per-view next year, maybe a British only PPV down the line but no major one.

ads85 wrote: »
    Hi Frank/all,
    Im currently planning my travel arrangements for my trip to the US for Wrestlemania 24 and aim to also attend a Raw and Smackdown taping while I'm there.

I read here that it was suggested that Raw the night after Wrestlemania would be held in Tampa, a google search lead me to this"

...but this website:
    http://www.aceticket.com/search.php?stage=1&headliner=&state=FL&Submit=Find
    has tickets advertised for the same venue,on the same night for another event (ice hockey i think).

I sent an email to the St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa who responded saying that there is indeed a hockey match on the evening of March 31 2008, with no mention of a wwe event.

So does anyone know where the Raw and Smackdown tapings will held both the week before and after Wrestlemania? :confused:

Cheers.

raw the night after mania is in miami

anyone who has been over to Wimbledon tennis in June will know holding something outside in london at any time of year is suicide, though vince did try it in 1992. There is no chance Wembley will get a major WWE pay-per-view next year, maybe a British only PPV down the line but no major one.

Why not a Summerslam one year? The weather wouldn't really be a problem in late August. Wrestlemania this year is sold as 'going ahead rain or shine'.

JR mentioned the possibility on his blog, so it's obviously been at least brainstormed in a WWE meeting... if it wasn't a possibility he'd have blown it out the water.

• Advertisement

Marshley wrote: »
    Why not a Summerslam one year? The weather wouldn't really be a problem in late August. Wrestlemania this year is sold as 'going ahead rain or shine'.

JR mentioned the possibility on his blog, so it's obviously been at least brainstormed in a WWE meeting... if it wasn't a possibility he'd have blown it out the water.

the wwe usually come up with a few ideas regarding major ppvs. 2 years ago old trafford in manchester was a major candidate for Summerslam for a long time but it eventually went to boston i believe. Stade de France in Paris was actually second in line to hold WM24, which i find amazing.

the problem with holding a major WWE ppv in england, ireland or anywhere in europe has already been discussed in this thread. London is 5 hours ahead of the east coast of the USA and 8 hours ahead of the West coast which has WWE major fan bases like Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco valley and Seattle.

There is no way a WWE ppv in england could go out live in america unless it started at 11pm/12am london time or thereabouts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,849 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

what time in english time was Summerslam 92..and was it succesful in America???

summerslam 1992 was taped on the friday or saturday evening and broadcast in america a few days later. it drew a 1.5 PPV buy rate, much lower than the 2.7 Summerslam 1991 drew or the 3.8 Summerslam 1990 did. Not sure if that was all the fault of being pre-recorded.

a pre-recorded WWE PPV in todays interweb world would draw nothing imo, especially if the WWE were to charge $50+ for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Surely with a PPV every month these days, they could just have an annual one outside of America in a different place every year. Call it Tour Of Duty

they do hold PPVs in canada and held one in puerto rico a while back, mexico is an option too of course as is Japan.

The WWE held lots of PPVs in england and i was at quite a few, Insurrextion and Rebellion. They bombed big time, rebellion in manchester in 2002 only drew 13,000 in a 20,000 seat arena, no chance WWE would risk another disaster like those mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Yeah but they were kind of tailor made British ppvs not one of the actually ones people care about

• Advertisement

EdK wrote: »
    Yeah but they were kind of tailor made British ppvs not one of the actually ones people care about

Insurrextion 2003 was quite a strong card and a very decent show, it was basically the same show as Bad Blood would be a week or so later except Goldberg actually appeared at Bad Blood.

WWE fans don't care about 75% of current WWE ppvs (mania, summerslam, rumble and maybe survivor series are the exceptions) and that is clearly evident in the buy rates and attendances for these shows. ringside seats for something like No Mercy go for $150 (half the the price of rumble, summerslam and about 1/6 the price of mania).

Just got my tickets in the mail today :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Just got my tickets in the mail today :D

you are american obviously :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 FrankDaTank

Yeah, I got my tickets in the mail as well today. WELCOME TO WRESTLEMANIAAAA!!!!!!!

you are american obviously :confused:

Yes sir

• Advertisement
Advertisement