Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 24 (Spoilers)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

floor tickets still available :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

killyourtv wrote: »
    floor tickets still available :confused:

www.ticketmaster.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

lots of $90, $50, $35 tickets still available. I cannot find any floor seats though. Surprised there are still so many stand tickets there seeing as they are guaranteed raised seats with a great view of the action, far away yes but sure no worse than the top tier of MSG.

Most people will be arriving in orlando just after easter and its also spring break from the second week in march until the second week in april so the city and parks will be packed to capacity. Having been to port adventura last week with 2.5 hour waits on all the rides i don't want to see that again :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

spring breeeeeaaaaaaaaakkkk! lots of drunken rowdy college girls with lowered inhibitions, even more reason to be there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ads85

I've read that the majority of you have booked your accommodation along the 'International Drive' strip. I'm still looking for accommodation myself, however I'm looking for somewhere closer to the city/downtown, but there isn't too many positive hotel reviews for the Orlando area on the internet.

Either the accommodation is located in a 'seedy' part of town, or people were just unimpressed with their hotel in general.

Any suggestions? Are parts of Orlando really that unsafe?

Can anyone advise against or recommend 'The Lexington Hotel' or the 'Sheraton Orlando Downtown'?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 absar

krudler wrote: »
    spring breeeeeaaaaaaaaakkkk! lots of drunken rowdy college girls with lowered inhibitions, even more reason to be there :)

yeeeaa ok.. lol i live in orlando there is NOO college girls or any "spring break fever" lol get ready to see plenty of kids waiting to see mickey mouse though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 absar

rossie1977 wrote: »
    lots of $90, $50, $35 tickets still available. I cannot find any floor seats though. Surprised there are still so many stand tickets there seeing as they are guaranteed raised seats with a great view of the action, far away yes but sure no worse than the top tier of MSG.

Most people will be arriving in orlando just after easter and its also spring break from the second week in march until the second week in april so the city and parks will be packed to capacity. Having been to port adventura last week with 2.5 hour waits on all the rides i don't want to see that again :mad:

Heres A tip man take it from a floridian buy the express passes to every park. there a little bit more money but Trust me they will make your experience worth it. 5 min wait is maximum

only universal do the express plus pass though and that will cost an extra $45 (during peak easter week) on top of the $67 entrance fee, i along with my friends are still tempted to do, i love islands of adventure, would ride duelling dragons all day :p

Busch gardens and disney is gonna be a freaking nightmare though :( I never got to ride Kraken at seaworld or Sheikra in busch last time i was there because queues were 1.5-2 hours long.
    yeeeaa ok.. lol i live in orlando there is NOO college girls or any "spring break fever" lol get ready to see plenty of kids waiting to see mickey mouse though!

unfortunately this is 100% true, only kids during spring break in orlando and f*cking millions of them from what i hear :eek: U will need to head to Daytona beach or panama city to see the older drunk females ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Hoisting power lines, telephone lines, fencing, building parking lots, production offices and dressing rooms, calculating lighting angles, grids and proper placement of video monitors … it sounds like an episode of Extreme Home Makeover: Arena Edition.

But it’s not; it’s actually part of the logistical puzzle that WWE’s 12-year veteran set engineer Jason Robinson and his team must complete before WrestleMania XXIV arrives in Orlando’s Citrus Bowl on March 30.

In order to create the monstrous set design and elaborate pyrotechnics display that’s become expected by our fans, Robinson says his team has already started preparing.

“We started a few months ago,” he said. “Logistically this will be the most challenging WrestleMania I’ve been involved with, but trust me, we’ll make it WrestleMania by the time it’s complete.”

The Citrus Bowl is an outdoor venue, and will require three to four weeks of load-in (unloading trucks to create structure), which will have to be done twice. The first time will be for the inside of the arena, where WWE and WrestleMania banners are placed, the public announce system is installed and the pyrotechnics and lighting are situated.

Once Robinson and his team are finished, they will have to repeat the process all over again.

“We don’t have to do it twice design-wise,” says Robinson, “but the physical challenges are met in the entrance way, and some of the other issues like building dressing rooms, the backstage area, parking lots and production offices must be done as well … not only from the logistic side but a creative side. This all will have to be figured out.”

Although these challenges are seemingly daunting on paper, Robinson says it’s the experience and talent of WWE’s crew that will ensure this year’s spectacular is a giant success.

“Other industries do this for concerts and other productions, so we’ll be drawing a wealth of knowledge from people who work at WWE and have involvement with those types of productions,” Robinson said. “Many of our vendors use lighting like what we’ll use in this year’s WrestleMania so we’ll have experience on our side.”

Another issue is that “other productions” like the Olympics, for example, can use broader lighting. Since the Citrus Bowl is an outdoor arena with no roof, it’s a special case.

“We’d like to light the ring and light the P.A., but at the same time we’ll be worrying about rain, so that has to be factored in,” he said. “The video is a major issue for us because there is no scoreboard, and usually we use the scoreboard from the basketball or football teams.”

Even with the dilemmas, the excitement that the crew has for hosting WrestleMania in the Sunshine State is indescribable for Robinson and his team. It’s an opportunity to put WWE’s production team on stage before the Superstars and Divas steal the show; the chance to prove that the people who work behind the scenes are Superstars in their own right.

“We’re excited and like I said, trust me,” Robinson assured. “It will be WrestleMania by the time March 30 comes around.”

• Advertisement

no college students? noooooooooooooooo! oh well we'll have a car rented for the time,daytona beach it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

absar wrote: »
    Heres A tip man take it from a floridian buy the express passes to every park. there a little bit more money but Trust me they will make your experience worth it. 5 min wait is maximum

I though that there are only a number of express tickets available to keep the q's quick?

EdK wrote: »
    Hoisting power lines, telephone lines, fencing, building parking lots, production offices and dressing rooms, calculating lighting angles, grids and proper placement of video monitors … it sounds like an episode of Extreme Home Makeover: Arena Edition.

But it’s not; it’s actually part of the logistical puzzle that WWE’s 12-year veteran set engineer Jason Robinson and his team must complete before WrestleMania XXIV arrives in Orlando’s Citrus Bowl on March 30.

In order to create the monstrous set design and elaborate pyrotechnics display that’s become expected by our fans, Robinson says his team has already started preparing.

“We started a few months ago,” he said. “Logistically this will be the most challenging WrestleMania I’ve been involved with, but trust me, we’ll make it WrestleMania by the time it’s complete.”

The Citrus Bowl is an outdoor venue, and will require three to four weeks of load-in (unloading trucks to create structure), which will have to be done twice. The first time will be for the inside of the arena, where WWE and WrestleMania banners are placed, the public announce system is installed and the pyrotechnics and lighting are situated.

Once Robinson and his team are finished, they will have to repeat the process all over again.

“We don’t have to do it twice design-wise,” says Robinson, “but the physical challenges are met in the entrance way, and some of the other issues like building dressing rooms, the backstage area, parking lots and production offices must be done as well … not only from the logistic side but a creative side. This all will have to be figured out.”

Although these challenges are seemingly daunting on paper, Robinson says it’s the experience and talent of WWE’s crew that will ensure this year’s spectacular is a giant success.

“Other industries do this for concerts and other productions, so we’ll be drawing a wealth of knowledge from people who work at WWE and have involvement with those types of productions,” Robinson said. “Many of our vendors use lighting like what we’ll use in this year’s WrestleMania so we’ll have experience on our side.”

Another issue is that “other productions” like the Olympics, for example, can use broader lighting. Since the Citrus Bowl is an outdoor arena with no roof, it’s a special case.

“We’d like to light the ring and light the P.A., but at the same time we’ll be worrying about rain, so that has to be factored in,” he said. “The video is a major issue for us because there is no scoreboard, and usually we use the scoreboard from the basketball or football teams.”

Even with the dilemmas, the excitement that the crew has for hosting WrestleMania in the Sunshine State is indescribable for Robinson and his team. It’s an opportunity to put WWE’s production team on stage before the Superstars and Divas steal the show; the chance to prove that the people who work behind the scenes are Superstars in their own right.

“We’re excited and like I said, trust me,” Robinson assured. “It will be WrestleMania by the time March 30 comes around.”

good find, nice info - interesting. lets hope they've thought about how to do MITB

just checked out some footage from wrestlemana ix (outdoor), and they had a structure above the ring held up by some really ugly wide yellow poles about a metre wide. I really hope they don't have something like that at WM24 - talk about view destroyer.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XN9K2unkTCU - can see it a couple of seconds in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

It was in Caesers Palace that year, so they dressed the whole place (and it's crew) up to look like the Roman Colliseum. Of course, it didn't get over, the whole set looked bowling shoe ugly and it was pretty much a sh*t card from top to bottom.

VR!

I have been sorted out with tickets, its just weather or not i can go. Will have to be a quick flit . 2 days or something .

well you guys will be happy to know that there will never be another WWE show in that part of Caesars Palace again, they built the 40 story Palace tower on top of that site in 1997 so no more outdoor venue.

thats also the same place where barry mcguigan lost his belt in Stevie Cruz in 1986

wrestlemania 9 was horrible
    I have been sorted out with tickets, its just weather or not i can go. Will have to be a quick flit . 2 days or something

flights will be getting more and more expensive at this stage, where are you flying from

I have no idea yet . I have to fit it around work first . If i can make a holiday of it , i will .

Looks like we have our first Wrestlemania match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Looks like we have our first Wrestlemania match

And that would be?

No Survivor Series spoilers please! ;)
    VR!

hence why i didnt mention it those who saw Survivor Series or know the results will know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I saw it and I don't know. I've an idea of what matches might happen next month though obviously

You have mentioned it yourself in the SS thread

Yeah, I was just thinkin of some way that it could be done. Still a lot more likely for next month though

• Advertisement

Wrestlemania feuds are usually a culimination of long running feuds though

Not that often. The only one I can think of in recent years that actually started the year before is the Jericho vs Michaels feud

Technically speaking the RAW mania main event for Wrestlemania XX started the year before as Michaels and HHH were feuding at the end of 2003, with Benoit entering the picture after he won the Royal Rumble and jumping to RAW, no? :)

After that though, i'm lost.
    VR!

the problem in recent years has been the addition of extra PPVs in January, Feb etc, feuds get over-exposed and by the time WM rolls around, nobody cares anymore

at least this year there is no New Year's Revolution so less overkill

All Vinces matches at Wrestlemania

• Advertisement

WWE back to it's full compliment Wrestlemania should be awesome with the right booking

Anyone know the best way to go about watching the Raw and SD the week before Wrestlemania? I'll be in Orlando that week and there's no way you can afford to miss the final show before WM.

raw will go out live at 9pm orlando time on usa network, your hotel room will def have this channel

smackdown is broadcast at 8pm orlando time on the The CW Television channel. More than likely your hotel room will have that channel too

I'd be surprised if there weren't some bars airing the shows that week too

i watched raw the night after 23 in a hockey bar in toronto, wrestling is much more mainstream over there plenty of people were watching it while it was on

some initial predictions

orton v hhh (possibly may be triple threat)
    undertaker v edge
    mvp v matt (i think almost for sure considering matt is now out for 2-3 months)

fantasy match that won't happen:

jeff v hbk v kennedy v jericho - IC Title Tables, Ladders, Chairs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

predictions you say...

Ortan vs Flair (WWE Title) Legend Killer to retire Flair or Flair to go out on top

Batista vs Undertaker vs Edge (WHC) Taker and Edge to start now and these three are the only main eventers SD has ATM

HHH vs Jeff Hardy (after the obligatory HHH heal turn)

Matt Hardy vs MVP (US Title)

MITB Ladder match: Kennedy vs Jericho vs Shelton Benjamin vs 2/3 others

and Vince vs Someone probably

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

predictions you say...

HHH vs Jeff Hardy (after the obligatory HHH heal turn)

they might do the same thing they did with Guerrero and mysterio with jeff winning(very doubtful though) and then HHH turning heel which would easily send jeff as a major star on raw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Hogan vs. Flair.

Flair goes back to his womanizing ways and seduces Brooke into screwing over her dad and creating friction between him and Linda so they'd divorce and Hogan would have to come back into the ring for one last payday where Flair would finally prove he was the best.

Could happen

Source: Wrestling Observer

- The Elimination Chamber match is being brought back for the WWE No Way Out pay-per-view in February.

The storyline going into WrestleMania 24 is that the winner of the Royal Rumble in January will get to decide the champion he wants to face at WrestleMania. Then, the champion who isn't chose will have the Superstars from his brand go into an Elimination Chamber match at No Way Out. The winner of the Chamber match will get the other available title shot at WrestleMania 24.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A few of my thoughts...

WWE Title Match
    Randy Orton (c) v Ric Flair
    I can imagine this being very like the plot for Rocky Balboa, which could be a really big draw. Flair wins the Rumble and shocks the world..the question is asked...can he really defeat Orton at Wresltemania 24...surely not? People will pay to see this.

World Heavyweight Championship
    Batista (c) v Lashley
    Lashley returns soon and needs a big push. Batista turns heel on him and knocks his nice guy image out the window. Would be interesting to see Lashley just totally losing it a few weeks before WM after numerous shenanigans by Batista. Monster vs Monster etc etc. Probably a lame match but the build up could be brilliant if written well.

US Title
    MVP (c) v Matt Hardy
    Almost a guaranteed match. Horrible thing to say but Hardys current layoff came at the right time.

Streak Vs Streak
    Edge v Undertaker
    I'm not sure if they can keep this fued going till April. Maybe a rubber match between them after Edge getting a very cheap win v Taker at No Way Out.

Intercontinental Championship
    Umaga (c) v Jericho
    Lots of entertainment from Jericho throughout the buildup.

ric flair and lashley fighting for the 2 titles would be a nightmare for me. I don't like either. Lashley is boring as hell, and even though Flair is a legend I've never been a fan. Getting Flair to headline Wrestlemania would suck. The match would be slow as hell, and it would just be a few chops, a strut, and a figure 4. Just my opinion.

By way way, didnt Edge's streak end last year, when he failed to win MITB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

killyourtv wrote: »
    ric flair and lashley fighting for the 2 titles would be a nightmare for me. I don't like either. Lashley is boring as hell, and even though Flair is a legend I've never been a fan. Getting Flair to headline Wrestlemania would suck. The match would be slow as hell, and it would just be a few chops, a strut, and a figure 4. Just my opinion.

By way way, didnt Edge's streak end last year, when he failed to win MITB

I agree with this except I have always liked flair. id hate to see him sh1t even more on his own stupendous legacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

getting back to the topic of venues...... what do you guys think of eventually staging a PPV in Croker? If anything this would be just as good as wembley dont you think?

holding a wwe event in croker in the next 10 years = 25%-30% chance imo

holding a wwe ppv in croker = 0% chance

IIRC WWE have only held 3 PPVs outdoor since the first WM in March 1985, Summerslam 92 in wembley, W9 in vegas and WM24 upcoming in orlando.

3 outdoor PPVs in 23 years means it is an extremely rare occurrence, the chances that croke park would be chosen ahead of the likes of giants stadium NY, Stade de France Paris, Wembley, Old Trafford, Camp Nou, Yankee Stadium, Wrigley Field, soldier field, LA Memorial Coliseum, FedExField Washington etc is zero

Does anybody know if the biceps and bagels brunch is any good or worth going to at all?

Does anybody know if the biceps and bagels brunch is any good or worth going to at all?

my friend attended the biceps and bagels brunch at WM20 and thought it was very good. He said there were alot of lower and mid-card wrestlers there and a few top stars like benoit, eddie, mysterio etc. The wrestlers mingle amongst the crowd and let you take photos etc

just looking at the videos from last years events Mr. Kennedy, MVP, Tori Wilson, CM Punk, Hardcore Holly, Jeff Hardy, Josh Matthews and Joey Styles and Mick Foley were all there but many seemed to be seated at a table ready to sign autographs which imo is sh*te and not worth paying money for

Tickets are $125 its on in the rosen hotel for all you wrassler hunters

the rosen??

there are 3 in the orlando area and none of them are near downtown which is strange

• Advertisement

its the one of international drive around 14miles from the Citrus bowl

Advertisement