Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 24 (Spoilers)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 derryair

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi Derryair, I have 2 tickets to Wrestlemania and 2 tickets to WWE Raw the night after, and am more than willing to sell at cost price (I'll take the booking fees on the chin myself-it was about 30 euro I think)). We would have to meet up in Orlando at the "will call" desk at the Cirus Bowl on the day to give you the tickets but that shouldn't be a problem.

It would be nice to help out :) Please let me know if interested ok?

can you tell me more about the tickets etc for both events,price,seating etc,kinda tempted but worried about travelling other side of world with no tickets for the main event and hoping you would turn up, just being honest,nice offer and thankyou

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi Derryair

I can understand your worry about travelling all the way over to Florida and if you feel uneasy about it, then I definately reckon you should try ebay or ticketmaster.

Regarding my trip, I will be travelling to Orlando with my girlfriend on 24th March so I will be there for a week before WM24. I have to collect my tickets on the day of Wrestlemania at the Citrus bowl and I will have to collect the Raw tickets on Monday at the Amway arena.

I will be staying at the Sheraton hotel on International drive so I would suggest we meet there as its not too far to travel to the Citrus Bowl.

The tickets for Wrestlemania are for section 34 Row N Seats 4 and 5. If you go to ticketmaster.com, you can see for yourself. I'll be honest with you, when you take a kid to such an event, you have to be sure they can see the action. As far as I can see, you should have a pretty good line of sight through the rows in front of you as there is an aisle running between these sections and the ring. But again, if you are unsure, then you are better served by getting the stand seats on Ticketmaster. It's further away but you're guaranteed the view.

As for Raw, the tickets are in the stand, and will offer a really good view of the ring and the screen. They are 108 Row F and there will be an unblocked view.

Listen, let me know what you think anyways :)

Tony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Booked my flights and hotel this morning, costing 1100 for return flights from Shannon and 9 nights in the quality inn, was costing over 1300 to book separately online so went with that in a travel agent, less wait time between connecting flights too which i'd happily pay more money for,yay Orlando here I come!

who else is staying the Quality Inn on International? drinks in the bar if anyones interested in sharing cabs or minivans to citrus bowl (no parking there) i'd gladly share, more the merrier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

krudler wrote: »
    Booked my flights and hotel this morning, costing 1100 for return flights from Shannon and 9 nights in the quality inn, was costing over 1300 to book separately online so went with that in a travel agent, less wait time between connecting flights too which i'd happily pay more money for,yay Orlando here I come!

who else is staying the Quality Inn on International? drinks in the bar if anyones interested in sharing cabs or minivans to citrus bowl (no parking there) i'd gladly share, more the merrier

I'm staying in the Quality Inn but you can forget about drinks in the bar as there is no bar in the Quality Inn. There are a few bars only 10mins walk from the Quality Inn. I am also flying out from Shannon.

I'm staying in the Quality Inn but you can forget about drinks in the bar as there is no bar in the Quality Inn. There are a few bars only 10mins walk from the Quality Inn. I am also flying out from Shannon.

ah crap, what kind of hotel has no bar!

SuperWoody, we're flying out from Shannon and travelling via New York. Only 8 weeks now :)

We're staying in the Sheraton which isnt too far from the Quality Inn. Apparently the Citrus bowl isn't in the nicest area, so I think it'd be great if we all headed back in a group.

Thats a great deal Krudler. Where u flying from? Our flights were 575 each and thats including a 4-day stopover in NYC. Accomodation for all 12 nights was 1000-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

Manchester - Dublin - New York - Orlando. That's my flight schedule. Bit of a hassle but it was a lot cheaper than any alternatives

mines shannon-newark-orlando, all the online ones had 6 and 7 hour stopovers or 3 planes involved,**** that

loads of WM24 gear on shopzone.com, hope they do a baseball jersey i love those
    W01165pi.jpg
    W01239X.JPG
    W01234X.JPG
    W01157X.JPG
    W01231X.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

you 100% sure on that, they show a bar on their website, the "Topsy Turvey Lounge" at the bottom of the page http://www.orlandoqualityinn.com/subpages/dining.htm

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    you 100% sure on that, they show a bar on their website, the "Topsy Turvey Lounge" at the bottom of the page http://www.orlandoqualityinn.com/subpages/dining.htm

thank god for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

loads of WM24 gear on shopzone.com, hope they do a baseball jersey i love those
    W01165pi.jpg
    W01239X.JPG
    W01234X.JPG
    W01157X.JPG
    W01231X.JPG

woo nice freebies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

the white tshirt looks great

Sorry guys, wrong Inn, I am staying in the Comfort Inn (that has no bar) I might have to pop into the Quality Inn for a beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Just wonderin if theres any insight into the theme song.:confused:

Kenk here,first post.Just wonderin if theres any insight into the theme song.:confused:

no idea, although it'll be hard to top last years, Ladies and Gentlemen just had that mania theme song feel to it, was amazing hearing it blare out of the stage after the opening pyros,although you really realise how long the announcers "welcome to wrestlemania" bits where they're talking to the camera go on for when the live audience has nothing to do but listen to the music,its very strange watching wrestling without commentary, anyone else agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

I hear the WM24 theme song is "Snow (Hey Oh)" by Red Hot Chilly Peppers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,849 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That song came out more than a year ago ,i doubt t'wud be that..But maybe you are sarcastic and think it could rain cause theres no roof..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

In that case Raindrops Keep Fallin On My Head would be a better theme song. A more uplifting song for the occasion!

• Advertisement

I'm not being sarcastic. The song was used on Raw in a WM24 promo. It's also on WNW.com. They say its the official theme song.

well i'll be damned its is officially the theme song,its on wwe.com, odd choice, not very "wrestlemania-ey"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

well i'll be damned its is officially the theme song,its on wwe.com, odd choice, not very "wrestlemania-ey"

You can't have Salt N Peppa every year.

Ring Of Honor's own form of mania will head to Orlando on March 28th for "Dragon Gate Challenge II" and March 29th for "Supercard Of Honor III" featuring eight wrestlers from Dragon Gate. Tickets are now on sale and selling fast at www.ROHwrestling.com and by calling 215-781-2500.

As has been tradition, Dragon Gate will invade ROH in full force on this huge weekend at the Orlando Downtown Recreation Center (649 West Livingston Street). March 28th and 29th will feature:

-CIMA
    -Dragon Kid
    -Ryo Saito
    -Naruki Doi
    -Masato Yoshino
    -Genki Horiguchi
    -Shingo
    -BxB Hulk

These eight athletes will bring their one-of-a-kind full throttle style to Orlando. As has become a tradition, "Supercard Of Honor" on March 29th will feature an all Dragon Gate six man. Every year this bout is at the top of all the match of the year polls. This year's edition promises to provide that same kind of guaranteed top notch action. March 29th will see:

Dragon Gate Six Man Tag
    CIMA, Dragon Kid & Ryo Saito vs. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino & Genki Horiguchi

We'll have much more on this match in the upcoming weeks. March 28th will feature a series of ROH vs. Dragon Gate bouts. This is sure to give the card several unique matches. The first ROH vs. Dragon Gate contest has been signed. March 28th will have:

ROH vs. Dragon Gate
    Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Dragon Kid & Ryo Saito

There will be another ROH vs. Dragon Gate match announced before the end of the week. In other news concerning March 28th, Florida's own Roderick Strong of No Remorse Corps has made a challenge. "Live In Osaka" last July saw the NRC battle a team that featured wrestlers from Dragon Gate, ROH and NOAH all tagging up. Strong was not in that match, but is upset that the NRC dropped the contest. Now he wants a rematch. Strong has challenged ROH, Dragon Gate & NOAH to get a team together on 3/28 in Orlando for a six man vs. himself & ROH World Tag Team Champions Rocky Romero & Davey Richards. We'll have more on this soon in the ROHwrestling.com Newswire.

The stars of Dragon Gate always make this weekend one of the most unique and exciting of the year. Tickets are selling fast so get yours now. Keep checking the ROHwrestling.com Newswire in the upcoming weeks for the latest news and matches. ROH and Dragon Gate can't wait to get to Orlando!!!

EdK wrote: »
    Dragon Gate Six Man Tag
    CIMA, Dragon Kid & Ryo Saito vs. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino & Genki Horiguchi

Should be awesome

I got my second row ticket and will be there with bells on

They dont lie though there are not too many tickets left for both shows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Some news on the Hall of Fame for any of you lucky enough to be attending:

From Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
    -- The list for this year's WWE Hall of Fame inductees is almost complete. Two names we know for sure are Ric Flair, and Mae Young. Young is said to be a lock for the WWE Hall of Fame. Another name getting some considering is former announcer Gordon Solie. Dusty Rhodes is pushing hard for Solie to get inducted, since it's in Florida and that's where he made his name. The problem is that Solie never spoke well of McMahon when he was alive, and that doesn't help his chances obviously. Solie has gotten a significant amount of votes from the selection panel in the past, but McMahon vetoes his induction.

Two other individuals up for consideration are Peter Maivia, The Rock's grandfather that passed away in 1982, and Rocky Johnson, The Rock's father. Their inductions hinge on The Rock's schedule getting cleared during WrestleMania weekend. He's definitely up for the idea. Internally, the belief is that The Rock is coming. Furthermore, there is an unwritten rule in that WWE doesn't want to induct more than one or two deceased individuals per year. They don't want the event to be a downer and the last thing they want to do is a put a spotlight on death.

Rocky,rocky,rocky!!!!

Hall of Fame tickets due to be going on sale March 1st!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ring Of Honor's own form of mania will head to Orlando on March 28th for "Dragon Gate Challenge II" and March 29th for "Supercard Of Honor III" featuring eight wrestlers from Dragon Gate. Tickets are now on sale and selling fast at www.ROHwrestling.com and by calling 215-781-2500.

They've also now announced Doi/Yossino Vs Steen/El Generico, which has potential for greatness in so many ways. I honestly think this match, with these four guys all in the best form of their careers, could be match of the weekend in ANY promotion, be it ROH or WWE.

The combination of the speed of the DG guys working off the incredible base that Generico provides, with Steen being his usual dickish self is potentially incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZj-0nHmtuM

I believe this is the second WM24 theme song which is Light Up The Sky by Yellowcard I think its more suitable than the Chilli's but still cant top last years theme

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Eire 4Ever

No Way Out & Wrestlemania Spoilers
    02/05/2008 by Keelan Balderson

Source: Wrestling Observer

Michael Hayes is pushing hard for Triple H to win the Elimination Chamber match and go on to face John Cena at Wrestlemania. This would include John Cena beating Orton for the title and a heel turn for Triple H in the near future.

Wouldn't it be better for a heel turn for Cena???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 JXP99

Great idea!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

It would be terrible business for Cena to turn heel now, it'd be to much work to do it to him compared to Hunter seeing as HHH is already a tweener and Cena has only been back for 3 weeks. Also, a face Cena = more buys

I just bought 3 tickets to the Bacon, Bagels, & Biceps WWE Brunch (they are on sale now at ticketmaster.com) It's "Will Call" and I just wanted to know if anyone knows where I pick up the tickets? It's on in the Rosen Centre Hotel (do I pick them up at the hotel?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Bubs101 wrote: »
    It would be terrible business for Cena to turn heel now, it'd be to much work to do it to him compared to Hunter seeing as HHH is already a tweener and Cena has only been back for 3 weeks. Also, a face Cena = more buys

Im not sure triple h is a tweener?

I just bought 3 tickets to the Bacon, Bagels, & Biceps WWE Brunch (they are on sale now at ticketmaster.com) It's "Will Call" and I just wanted to know if anyone knows where I pick up the tickets? It's on in the Rosen Centre Hotel (do I pick them up at the hotel?)

i had similiar problems for hall of fame 2004 but i bought them at WWE shopzone; they told me they would be at the hotel and gave a name

i turned up at the hilton on thursday, no tickets and nobody knew the name of the guy i was supposed to pick them up from. In the end after two days i eventually found out the guy was actually one of the top WWE corporate men who brought my hall of fame tickets with him to NY :eek: he handed them over about an hour before the show, i wouldn't mind but a friend from portugal got his delivered in the mail :mad:

seeing as ticketmaster is handling this they will probably be available to pick up at the hotel, it should mention that somewhere on your receipt

That band yellowcard actually have a gig in Orlando that week its Saturday the 22nd I think but not entirely sure

i had similiar problems for hall of fame 2004 but i bought them at WWE shopzone; they told me they would be at the hotel and gave a name

i turned up at the hilton on thursday, no tickets and nobody knew the name of the guy i was supposed to pick them up from. In the end after two days i eventually found out the guy was actually one of the top WWE corporate men who brought my hall of fame tickets with him to NY :eek: he handed them over about an hour before the show, i wouldn't mind but a friend from portugal got his delivered in the mail :mad:

seeing as ticketmaster is handling this they will probably be available to pick up at the hotel, it should mention that somewhere on your receipt

This is all it says

"You will receive your tickets via: International Will Call - For International Orders Only - Tickets held at Will Call can only be retrieved by the cardholder with original credit card of purchase and a valid photo ID with signature such as a government issued ID, driver's license or passport."

This is all it says

"You will receive your tickets via: International Will Call - For International Orders Only - Tickets held at Will Call can only be retrieved by the cardholder with original credit card of purchase and a valid photo ID with signature such as a government issued ID, driver's license or passport."

i found this the number of the box-office is there too if you want to give them a call (407) 996-9840 they say Will call tickets can be collected from 8:30am http://www.ticketmaster.com/venue/279028

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

• Advertisement

After seeing No Way Out this is gonna be awesome!!

6 weeks and counting!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 JXP99

Roll it on, nice hot weather too, and hopefully a class event awaits, wonder if it's sold out yet?

JXP99 wrote: »
    Roll it on, nice hot weather too, and hopefully a class event awaits, wonder if it's sold out yet?

last time they gave a number mid january there were just over 55,000 tickets sold with just under 9,000 available

I reckon those last few thousand tickets are going to sell quite quickly now after NWO :)

Really excited now :)

After seeing No Way Out this is gonna be awesome!!

6 weeks and counting!!!

I wish I was going.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    Can't wait for WrestleMania 25 though.:D

boardsiepissupvc6.jpg

Is there going to be a Boards.ie (Pro wrestling) piss up in Orlando???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

Anyone else think it will be triple threat at WM 24 with Orton/HHH/Cena ????

lizann wrote: »
    Anyone else think it will be triple threat at WM 24 with Orton/HHH/Cena ????

All was revealed on Raw

boardsiepissupvc6.jpg

Is there going to be a Boards.ie (Pro wrestling) piss up in Orlando???

name the place and i'll be there :D

• Advertisement

name the place and i'll be there :D

I don't mind what pub it's on in. I will be drinking in
    Murphy's Arms Pub quit a bit when I get there. It's a good spot with cheep drink.

Advertisement