Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 24 (Spoilers)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 JXP99

Was thinking about going for a few drinks before the event, but my buddie reckons we'd be too pissed and wouldn't be able to get in to the stadium.

Are there any bars near the stadium?

Take it taxis should be easy to come by after the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Thought this was interesting. Hogan thinks he should be the one to retire Flair:D

http://rajah.com/base/node/11226

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

JXP99 wrote: »
    Was thinking about going for a few drinks before the event, but my buddie reckons we'd be too pissed and wouldn't be able to get in to the stadium.

i'd be willing to book and share a minibus or something, **** it why not a limo:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I don't mind what pub it's on in. I will be drinking in
    Murphy's Arms Pub quit a bit when I get there. It's a good spot with cheep drink.

sounds good, its on international drive just down the road from where we are staying, there are a few more of the boards.ie lads on international like EdK and krudler if memory serves me correct
    JXP99 wrote:

looking at google maps there doesn't seem to be much in terms of bars close to the citrus bowl

Its a gamble hoping for a taxi to just show up after the show. I have been in a few situations after WWE events, we couldn't get a taxi for about an hour after a raw in New Jersey, eventually we got into a taxi that someone had booked and didn't turn up so we were lucky

at mania22 in the pouring rain there was 18,000 people waiting for taxis, we ended up getting back to our hotel by getting a lift off a dude finishing his shift in a nearby hotel, us and about 5 other people we did have to wait for at least an hour though :p

royal rumble in san antonio was ok but again we were lucky that a train had stopped traffic so we hopped in a taxi at the lights before it made its way to the huge taxi queue outside the arena.

krudler wrote: »
    i'd be willing to book and share a minibus or something, **** it why not a limo:D

if it were vegas the limo thing would be class, they even give you free limo rides in vegas, no kidding

minibus is a good idea, i'll have a look tomorrow to see what is available.

where is your hotel in orlando JXP99

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys, I'm definately on for a minibus so please put us down for 2 seats! Our hotel is on I-drive.

im in the quality inn on international, 2 of us going, is everyone trying to get tickets to the HOF as well? i missed it last year but since Flair is going in i want to be there,just have to put up with the idiot smarks who shout things all night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

im in the quality inn on international, 2 of us going, is everyone trying to get tickets to the HOF as well? i missed it last year but since Flair is going in i want to be there,just have to put up with the idiot smarks who shout things all night

How much are the tickets?

hall of fame tickets are going on sale first week in march and they will cost between $80-$100 based on last year, i won't be going, one i.e. hall of fame 2004 was enough for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 JXP99

rossie1977 wrote: »
    if it were vegas the limo thing would be class, they even give you free limo rides in vegas, no kidding

minibus is a good idea, i'll have a look tomorrow to see what is available.

where is your hotel in orlando JXP99

Myself and my buddy are staying at the Hard Rock Hotel in Universal, Don't mind if it's a mini bus or Limo, put us down for two seats and let me know what's happening.

How many of us are gong to Raw?

• Advertisement

hall of fame tickets are going on sale first week in march and they will cost between $80-$100 based on last year, i won't be going, one i.e. hall of fame 2004 was enough for me.

too many annoying smarks?

im going to Raw, i wonder how many irish flags will be there im def bringing one

too many annoying smarks?

im going to Raw, i wonder how many irish flags will be there im def bringing one

no too long and boring for me, i want excitement :D

30 minute speeches don't do it for me, bobby heenan was great the night i went but the rest :(

JXP99 wrote: »
    Myself and my buddy are staying at the Hard Rock Hotel in Universal, Don't mind if it's a mini bus or Limo, put us down for two seats and let me know what's happening.

How many of us are gong to Raw?

ha lovely hotel and you get the express pass thingy for universal parks too as a guest so no queuing for you

i think we would need a 15 seater mini-bus at least, there are six in my group alone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

i think we would need a 15 seater mini-bus at least, there are six in my group alone.

At the very least! I would even suggest that we promise the driver a really good tip so he doesn't drive off with the first group he sees.

I also think a bus for Raw is a good idea too. Again, don't want to be waiting for a taxi with 15000 others!

I'll be bringing my Irish flag too! I'd say we shoud be easy to spot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Everybody is just going to think that you're massive Hornswaggle marks with these flags ;)

there will be loads of people with irish flags at mania there always is

i brought a roscommon flag to last years rumble, just to be unique, its easy spot on nearly every section of the dvd as we were up at the barrier ringside :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

# The latest edition of WWE Magazine is featuring an article about what the set for WrestleMania 24 will look like which will include a lighting rig built from the ground up and a massive tarp in case it rains. The ring will be set up at the 50 yard line, while the one of the end zones will feature what is being described as a "massive pyro setup capable of delivering about 10 times the explosive display seen on Raw." The pyro is expected to shoot higher since the event will be outside.

March 28th ROH Show

ROH vs. Dragon Gate
    Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black vs. BxB Hulk & Shingo

Im so glad i decided to go this year and so glad i got the package Rocky at the HOF i know its not in a match or anything but im still buzzing about it

The following is from the Associated Press:

LOS ANGELES - Floyd Mayweather Jr. is a champion boxer and has tested his moves on "Dancing With the Stars." Now the man many consider the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world is preparing to drop the gloves and do some wrasslin.'

A $20 million payday awaits the undefeated WBC welterweight champion when he takes on Big Show as part of WWE's "WrestleMania XXIV" at Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Fla., on March 30.

"It's entertainment. You have a chance to just be you and do what you want to do," Mayweather said Monday after a chaotic Staples Center event that masqueraded as a news conference.

The boxer nicknamed "Money" clearly likes the way WWE does business.

"Wrestling takes care of business right on the spot," Mayweather said. "Whatever they say they're going to do, they do it right on the spot. There's no waiting three, four, five months. Quick results, quick money. Quick big money, too."

His manager Leonard Ellerbee and WWE executive Shane McMahon confirmed Mayweather's eight-figure payday for the outdoor match to be shown on live on pay-per-view.

Mayweather incited the couple hundred of already hyped fans at Staples Center by whipping out a thick wad of cash and repeatedly tossing $100, $50 and $20 bills into the crowd that had nearly as many women as men.

A mad scramble ensued, with a light pole nearly getting knocked over and two small children caught in the chaos. One lucky man emerged from the pileup clutching six $100 bills.

Mayweather played to the frenzied crowd after appearing from behind a black curtain wearing a New York Yankees jacket and cap. Fans shouted insults and the name of hometown hero Oscar De La Hoya at Mayweather.

"I run Vegas and I run L.A. and I will run the WWE," he boasted.

At 5-foot-8, 150 pounds, Mayweather gives up big numbers to the bald Big Show, who stands 7-feet and weighs 430.

"I weigh three times as much as he does," Big Show crowed. "It's not fair, but I'm a businessman and I see an opportunity for business."

Then he picked up the wooden podium and tossed it to the floor, where it splintered and the attached two mics lay like broken sticks. Clearly, Staples Center officials hadn't expected the move.

Mayweather hopped onto a chair and exchanged glares with Big Show while WWE regulars Randy Orton, John Cena, Triple H and Edge looked on, witnessing a newcomer who clearly understands the theatrics of modern-day wrestling.

"WWE is the biggest it gets," Mayweather said. "This is going to be an event like none other."

Ellerbee scoffed that hard-core boxing fans won't take Mayweather seriously after his WWE antics.

"After March 30, when Floyd goes out and takes care of his business at WrestleMania, he's still going to be the best fighter in the world and the face of boxing," he said. "Tell me what changes about that? Nothing changes."

The wrestling gig is another part of Ellerbee's carefully crafted plan to expand Mayweather's fan base.

"Either I'm going to be a genius with this or I'm the biggest idiot," he said. "Boxers have such a short window of opportunity. He can't become any bigger in boxing."

That's why Ellerbee snagged Mayweather a spot on ABC's reality hit "Dancing With the Stars." Mayweather didn't win the disco ball trophy, but he wasn't the first one voted off, either.

"It crossed him over and took him into the households of many middle-aged Middle Americans and turned him into a mainstream superstar," Ellerbee said. "Now when Floyd goes into the grocery store, the first thing 65-year-old ladies say is, 'You're Floyd from 'Dancing With the Stars.'"

Mayweather plans to train with WWE Latino star Ray Mysterio, who wears a mask on his face.

"I'm outside the box," he said, lapsing into the third person. "Floyd Mayweather is not just a fighter, he's an entertainer. That's what the world must know."

But he hasn't forgotten his night job.

Mayweather alluded to a possible rematch with De La Hoya in September. De La Hoya lost a split decision in their last bout May 5.

If they are paying him $20 million which i'm not sure i believe what would he need to draw for it to be worth it?

• Advertisement

WWE Championship Match
    - Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena vs. Triple H

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
    - Edge (c) vs. The Undertaker

Money In The Bank Ladder Match
    - Confirmed thus far: Ken Kennedy vs. Chris Jericho vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Jeff Hardy

Career Threatening Match
    - Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels

Playboy BunnyMania
    Candice Michelle & Maria vs. Beth Phoenix & Melina

The Big Show vs. Floyd Mayweather

Interpromotional Match (Raw vs Smackdown)
    Umaga Vs ???? (I am gonna make an educated guess here that it will be Batista)

Shaping up quite nicely I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

JBL Vrs Finley is Likely.

seems to be more matches lined up for this year which is a good thing, that there were only 8 matches on a 4 hour ppv last year was crazy, the vince/trump think took up almost an entire hour by itself with the entrances and head shaving at the end, 10 matches should be enough

EdK wrote: »

If they are paying him $20 million which i'm not sure i believe what would he need to draw for it to be worth it?

i don't believe those numbers either (even though all the media are claiming that today) they were throwing around $5 million last week which seems more correct

at $20 million the WWE would need to attract an extra 300,000 buys just to break even, which would be a huge gamble

i don't believe those numbers either (even though all the media are claiming that today) they were throwing around $5 million last week which seems more correct

at $20 million the WWE would need to attract an extra 300,000 buys just to break even, which would be a huge gamble

since Mania 23 earned them $31 million for the event i doubt they'd spend that much on one person, if that was the case Mayweather would never need to box again,he'd be set for life, i cant believe an outsider would be paid that much its insane the entire ppv isnt costing that much to stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

since Mania 23 earned them $31 million for the event i doubt they'd spend that much on one person, if that was the case Mayweather would never need to box again,he'd be set for life, i cant believe an outsider would be paid that much its insane the entire ppv isnt costing that much to stage

He's already set for life, I think it was at least $35 million that he made from his fight with De La Hoya

Tyson was paid in the region of $5.5 million 10 years ago I think. WWE is making more money these days so they could afford to pay Mayweather a bit more. $20 million does sound a bit much though

Fozzy wrote: »
    He's already set for life, I think it was at least $35 million that he made from his fight with De La Hoya

Tyson was paid in the region of $5.5 million 10 years ago I think. WWE is making more money these days so they could afford to pay Mayweather a bit more. $20 million does sound a bit much though

mayweather/de la hoya did 2.15 million buys in the US alone generating over $120m, Wrestlemania 24 will be doing fantastic to generate half those buys domestically http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3922&zoneid=13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 IrishMMA

Hi Everyone,

I've managed to get tickets for WrestleMania 24 and Raw in Orlando and hopefully will get the HOF too and will be attending them along with my cousin.

Would anyone be able to give me a point in the right direction as to hotels and transport to the venues? I have still got to book my flights but was hoping that they would drop in price a bit by leaving it closer to the time. I can get a direct flight from Belfast to Sanford by flying with flyglobespan.

Any pointers or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

This thread is full of info on hotels and stuff if you look back along I know its alot of pages but all the info is there

• Advertisement

US $34.00 - US $54.00 for Hall of Fame tickets doesnt seem too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 IrishMMA

This thread is full of info on hotels and stuff if you look back along I know its alot of pages but all the info is there

Edk, I've been looking at all the different hotels listed through the thread and on various other pages and have a few in mind.

The main thing that is really bothering me is how to get around transport wise in Florida, my cousin doesn't want to be driving over there.

IrishMMA wrote: »
    Edk, I've been looking at all the different hotels listed through the thread and on various other pages and have a few in mind.

The main thing that is really bothering me is how to get around transport wise in Florida, my cousin doesn't want to be driving over there.

plenty of hotels in orlando here, clarion and comfort suites are the best these guys have to offer, econolodge is the bottom of the barrel, make sure you put in internet user's rate to get $10 off each night http://www.choicehotels.com

staying on international drive you have a choice of public transport, the i-trolley is very cheap http://www.iridetrolley.com/

the lynx goes all over the greater orlando area http://www.golynx.com/

IrishMMA wrote: »

If you are staying on International Drive then you are close to everything. The Citrus Bowl and The Amway Arena are not to far away so a cab might be your best bet. I think some of the forum members might be hiring out a bus to take them to the arena so you gould get in on that if it's still going ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 deviniscool

Does anyone know how the seats are set up?

I'm in section 24, seat 26. Does being in the 26th seat mean I'm closer to the barricades, or will I not even know until I show up at the event?

I just don't want to assume I have a good seat and they suck. lol :]

Thanks guys.

its usually row 1 at the front and works its way back

• Advertisement

its usually row 1 at the front and works its way back

But as far as seating arrangement goes, does it work left to right or right to left? Like does seat one for that row start by the barricades?

well for mania 23 it was right to left, but it could be different depending on the part of the arena, im in seats 1 and 2 of row DD for raw the next night but i dont know which side its on, it is camera side though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

US $34.00 - US $54.00 for Hall of Fame tickets doesnt seem too bad

I'd honestly pay five times that to say i was there for Flair's induction speech and to see the rock on an open mic. If anyone who's going over to Mania doesn't do everything in their power to get a ticket to this I'll hate them forever.

Is there a pre-sale for the HOF tickets?

well for mania 23 it was right to left, but it could be different depending on the part of the arena, im in seats 1 and 2 of row DD for raw the next night but i dont know which side its on, it is camera side though

Lol okay, so seat 23 would be on the opposite end of the barricades? Got it.

• Advertisement

I will be in Murphy's Arms Pub most nights so if anyone is around pop in and say hello.

Is there a pre-sale for the HOF tickets?

No I think they aresale outright on Saturday

By the way for all you scruffy ****ers thinking of going to the HOF it says business attire so dont be so called typical wrestling fans and arrive in WWE t-shirts clutching your replica belts lol

By the way for all you scruffy ****ers thinking of going to the HOF it says business attire so dont be so called typical wrestling fans and arrive in WWE t-shirts clutching your replica belts lol

a lot of fans wear suits or at least shirts and ties, i know i will be, but then you get the marks wearing hulkamania tshirts and cena medallions, cant these people smarten up for one bloody night!

new wrestlemania shirt on shopzone.com
    http://www.wweshop.com/Product_detail.asp?cat=cat-wrestlemania&productId=01-09595

looks ok, seems to be a wwe.com exclusive, i really hope they do a baseball jersey this year i love those,theyve done one for every manis since 16 so cant imagine why they wont again this year, 31 days to go , getting damn exciting now

Got my suit ready and all to go partying with the Nature boy afterwards,getting close to three weeks until i fly out, cant wait!!!

Would you get away with black jeans and a shirt?

if you were in the nWo yeah hehe

the dress code isnt enforced at all its just a suggestion, id rather smarten up for it though, can wear all the tshirts and jeans i like for the rest of the 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

don't like the fact that its not gonna be proper open air anymore considering they are building a giant tent above the stadium. Just take the risk, it won't rain

killyourtv wrote: »
    don't like the fact that its not gonna be proper open air anymore considering they are building a giant tent above the stadium. Just take the risk, it won't rain

where you hear this? i knew thered be something over the ring area obviously for the light rig to hang from but not that they were covering the arena

• Advertisement
Advertisement