Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 24 (Spoilers)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

They're just covering the ring, anything else would just be impractical

I read on some site that they've been sending e-mails out about when the HOF tickets go on sale and it says that there's no dress code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

there never has been a dress code for the HOF,just a suggested one, most people just go in tshirts

krudler wrote: »
    there never has been a dress code for the HOF,just a suggested one, most people just go in tshirts

EdK says that WWE says business attire for the event, but I read a WWE e-mail on some site that said "There is no dress code requirement for this event."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i don't believe those numbers either (even though all the media are claiming that today) they were throwing around $5 million last week which seems more correct

at $20 million the WWE would need to attract an extra 300,000 buys just to break even, which would be a huge gamble

Would part of the whole idea not be to try and draw the boxing fans over to WWE in the hope that they'll become fans of wrestling, thus increasing it's viewers/fanbase in the future. So it'd be a more longterm payback for the company, not just mania

Would part of the whole idea not be to try and draw the boxing fans over to WWE in the hope that they'll become fans of wrestling, thus increasing it's viewers/fanbase in the future. So it'd be a more longterm payback for the company, not just mania

There's obviously something more to it, they'd need to sell over 800,000 PPVs just to make the money to pay Floyd. If the figure is true then there are other ways that they could pay Floyd rather than just in cash, such as advertising his fight later this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Fozzy wrote: »
    EdK says that WWE says business attire for the event, but I read a WWE e-mail on some site that said "There is no dress code requirement for this event."

It says business attire on the hall of fame ticketmaster page

I dont know if anybody here is into hip-hop i'd say not but Jay-Z and Mary J Blige are in the Amway Arena on Monday 24th of March tickets on sale today I think

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

where you hear this? i knew thered be something over the ring area obviously for the light rig to hang from but not that they were covering the arena

OK, reading it again it does say 'above the ring' so its not as bad. It will still look a bit stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

killyourtv wrote: »
    OK, reading it again it does say 'above the ring' so its not as bad. It will still look a bit stupid.

they have to have something above the ring otherwise no money in the bank, where is the briefcase going to hang from :)

didn't they have a similiar setup for the RDS show back in June 2005, i can't remember but i think they may have????

• Advertisement

gotta feel sorry for the people who's view is gonna be obstructed by all the scaffolding structures coming from the top to the floor

citruspy0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

they have to have something above the ring otherwise no money in the bank, where is the briefcase going to hang from :)

didn't they have a similiar setup for the RDS show back in June 2005, i can't remember but i think they may have????

rdsos9.jpg

Are Hall of Fame tickets sold out already I'm not getting any results

EdK wrote: »
    Are Hall of Fame tickets sold out already I'm not getting any results

I just got 3 tickets. Took me 20mins to get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 deviniscool

Within the first minute of the auction the best seat I could get was a dead-on view of the stage in 106. But for some reason the transaction wouldn't go through, so I had to settle for row S in section 108.

Will that even be a decent seat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 FrankDaTank

Well... I tried a few minutes after 10 and it said no tickets. I kept trying and still no luck... Well, a few minutes after 1, I scored tickets in Row 217. Do you guys think that's pretty good? All I care is that I'm going and will watch the DVDs later on... So, those of you who couldn't get tickets, they still have some available. Don't know how good, but it's worth the shot.

Frank

• Advertisement

gotta feel sorry for the people who's view is gonna be obstructed by all the scaffolding structures coming from the top to the floor

citruspy0.jpg

where'd you get that pic? is that the setup? looks ****ing great

where'd you get that pic? is that the setup? looks ****ing great

Yeah, that is the setup. It's from the official WWE Magazine for March

Yeah, that is the setup. It's from the official WWE Magazine for March

sweet! ive got a clear view right to the ring am down in the left hand bottom corner on the field, the if the rig is anything to go by in that pic its going to be one amazing show

the location of Wrestlemania 25 has been revealed as the 71,000 seater Reliant Stadium in Houston, Texas http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=206611692

its sits right next to the Astrodome site of Wrestlemania 17, yeah Houston got two giant enclosed 70,000 seater stadiums next to each other and we (ireland got nothing :mad:)

mvotqo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

citruspy0.jpg

I hate to say it but that silhouette on the screen looks suspiciously like HHH holding the belt.:eek:

The internet's gonna explode.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

what an awful illustration the big screen looks really out of place and everything looks generally skewed. that doesn't really reveal anything.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i think it looks like bobby lashley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 deviniscool

i think it looks like bobby lashley

I agree; definitely looks nothing like Triple H, anyway.

just after receiving this email from ticketmaster and it concerns everyone who has purchased "will call" tickets for mania. Its a pain in the ass given that we now have to head into town between monday and friday to pick up the tickets instead of just collecting them at the arena on the day of the PPV as would always have been the case with all the other WWE events i have attended in the USA in the past
    Dear Wrestlemania XXIV fan,
    Your tickets to see Wrestlemania XXIV at the Citrus Bowl on March 30, 2008 will be available for pickup at the venue box office STARTING Monday March 10th at 10:00 AM at the Amway Arena’s Box Office. The box office is located at 600 West Amelia Street Orlando, Florida and is open from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday – Friday.

You will be required to provide the following information: in order to retrieve them
    - Photo Identification (Driver’s License)
    - Credit card used to purchase tickets
    - Ticketmaster order number
    If you have any questions, please contact us online at:
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/asktm.html
    Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We appreciate your business!

thats annoying, would have just been handier to pick them up that day, i suppose you still could just pop over to the amway arena the day of wrestlemania its not that far from the citrus bowl

thats annoying, would have just been handier to pick them up that day, i suppose you still could just pop over to the amway arena the day of wrestlemania its not that far from the citrus bowl

it states in the email that the box office is only open from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday – Friday though, and mania is on sunday.

it says here though that the box office will be open 3 hours before every event which would be grand http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2820745-florida_citrus_bowl_stadium_orlando-i

i am going to ring up the amway box office to confirm, it wouldn't be very good if we turned up at the box office on sunday day of mania and it was closed :eek:

the amway is the best part of 2 miles northeast of the citrus bowl, thats a long way for a box office to be located :mad:

n4jm8n.jpg

any public transport from international drive to the citrus bowl? (or close to it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 JXP99

What a disaster I will only arrive in Orlando on Saturday so does that mean I won't be able to pick up the tickets at all?

Will have to contact ticketmaster this is a complete disgrase

better that you contact the amway arena box office direct, you won't get anybody until monday morning US time i suspect though number is 001 407 849 2020

on the topic of transport the lynx bus route 38 goes direct from international drive to downtown orlando (last stop is next to the amway arena) http://www.golynx.com/index.cfm?fuse=cstm&app=route&view=sched&cid=38

better that you contact the amway arena box office direct, you won't get anybody until monday morning US time i suspect though number is 001 407 849 2020

on the topic of transport the lynx bus route 38 goes direct from international drive to downtown orlando (last stop is next to the amway arena) http://www.golynx.com/index.cfm?fuse=cstm&app=route&view=sched&cid=38

Just rang the amway box office, they said that they will have the Wrestlemania tickets available from their box office on weekdays, but that they will also be available at the stadium on the day of the event 3 hours before the start.

I also emailed ticketmaster and I am waiting for a response I will let you all know what they have to say.

Might also email the citrus bowl just to be on the safe side.

My heath sank when I read the previous posts, was wondering what I would sound like on the radio talking to Joe Duffy.

• Advertisement

Wooo just confirmed my VIP status for the Live Impact, get in there!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Hi all - new to all this craic! I am heading over for Mania and my tickets are will call. I emailed Ticketmaster and tickets will be available at Tinker Field (right beside the Citrus Bowl) from 10am on the 30th.

Any idea about transport to the Citrus Bowl from the Universal area (staying at Doubletree Universal) - a taxi will cost the guts of $40 each way so I ain't keen on that option!!! (www.mearstransportation.com)

Also - anybody want 2 tickets to Mania? I bought 4 but 2 of my friends can no longer go. I paid €152 ($217) for both (section 234, row gg, seats 9-10) - I am only looking for something to cover part of the costs incurred, so I would take €100 for the pair.

:cool:
    a quick look and aerlingus have return flight to orlando intl for 803 euro and 9 nights in the quality inn on international drive is 500, not too bad really for booking it seperately, seems all the package hols have huge wait times between connecting flights that aerlingus one is only 3 hours which aint bad, screw it i could drive down to limerick in less time than itd take to wait for the flight!

I booked with Delta from Dublin to Orlando via New York - €487 each rtn. I think its about €510 each atm but still not a bad price. If you are wanting a hotel - I found that Alpharooms is the cheapest.

www.delta.com
    www.alpharooms.com

brolly wrote: »
    :cool:

I booked with Delta from Dublin to Orlando via New York - €487 each rtn. I think its about €510 each atm but still not a bad price. If you are wanting a hotel - I found that Alpharooms is the cheapest.

www.delta.com
    www.alpharooms.com

That's the route I'm taking awell. What day you departing?

im going shannon-newark-orlando, cost 1100 for return flights with 9 nights in the quality inn, not bad really was costing almost the same to book it all separately online

apparently the WWE has leased a plot of land that will display the Wrestlemania logo near the runways in Orlando airport as people are flying in, christ knows what that cost them but its a clever marketing idea

trip in total cost me 604 euros. That is return flights, and 8 night in quality inn

That's the route I'm taking awell. What day you departing?

I fly over on the 26th and back home via Atlanta on the 31st. I am staying in the Doubletree Universal. It cost €700 in total for flights and hotel and I got Universal tickets for €65 for the 5 days. I was happy with that!:cool:

apparently the WWE has leased a plot of land that will display the Wrestlemania logo near the runways in Orlando airport as people are flying in, christ knows what that cost them but its a clever marketing idea

Just heard that earlier today - costing a fortune I'd expect but I'm looking forward to seeing it!

im going shannon-newark-orlando, cost 1100 for return flights with 9 nights in the quality inn, not bad really was costing almost the same to book it all separately online

I'm doing the very same.

• Advertisement

I will have to start saving straight after WM24 - my brother wants to go to WM25 if its in Houston - with it being Undertaker's yard and all that!

I'll defintely go with a travel package next year, spares freaking out about HOF tickets like this year, a solid hour before i got offered seats on ticketmaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 IrishMMA

Hi Everyone,

I've finally got my flights booked for Mania week and can't wait to go!

I've managed to book tickets in the following sections for each event -
    WWE Hall of Fame: Section 107
    Wrestlemania XXIV: Section F23
    WWE Monday Night Raw: Section F8

What hotel is everyone staying in? I wouldn't mind being in the same hotel as some fellow fans so haven't booked any yet but i've been looking at the Quality Inn's.

Chat Soon :)

brolly wrote: »
    Hi all - new to all this craic! I am heading over for Mania and my tickets are will call. I emailed Ticketmaster and tickets will be available at Tinker Field (right beside the Citrus Bowl) from 10am on the 30th.

Any idea about transport to the Citrus Bowl from the Universal area (staying at Doubletree Universal) - a taxi will cost the guts of $40 each way so I ain't keen on that option!!! (www.mearstransportation.com)

Also - anybody want 2 tickets to Mania? I bought 4 but 2 of my friends can no longer go. I paid €152 ($217) for both (section 234, row gg, seats 9-10) - I am only looking for something to cover part of the costs incurred, so I would take €100 for the pair.

My friend and I are staying out in Universal too!!! at the Hard Rock Hotel, we could all meet up and share a cab, we are arrivig the night before WM 24 plus we got tickets to Raw aswell, let me know we can meet up in Unversal and travel to the event together and back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 skjalg

wow this is going to be an insane week

Thursday: TNA
    Friday: ROH
    Saturday: HOF
    Sunday: WM24
    Saturday: RAW

We are four guys going all the way from norway for this crazy week! Cant wait :)

BTW we are on row 5 at ROH, Platinum travel package for WM24, and section 111 row 5 for RAW. Hope we can get into TNA as well..

JXP99 wrote: »
    My friend and I are staying out in Universal too!!! at the Hard Rock Hotel, we could all meet up and share a cab, we are arrivig the night before WM 24 plus we got tickets to Raw aswell, let me know we can meet up in Unversal and travel to the event together and back

Excellent!:D You can get all my details on the link below (mobile has changed but everything) else is correct!

www.letterkennyonline.com/lyithelpingothers.htm

• Advertisement

I'll defintely go with a travel package next year, spares freaking out about HOF tickets like this year, a solid hour before i got offered seats on ticketmaster

Definately the best option! Its much more straight forward - just get the package and flights and your done!

With 3 weeks to go until WM and the lack of any talk about the actual wrestling itself speaks alot as far as I am concered. The build has been crap so far. Now I am going to rant:

Cena/Orton/HHH is simply a case of them telling each other backstage they don't like each other, with RAW ending with one of them hitting the others with their finishing move. Not good enough for the build up to the Main Event.

Edge v Undertaker has had absolutey no build at all. All that we've seen is Edge saying he is going win, and then having a 3 on 1 match on SD.

Show/Mayweather - WWE seemed to drop the ball considering they couldn't even get the Face/Heel part right. And Mayweathers promos are shockingly bad.

Finlay/JBL - The whole Finlay/McMahon angle has been building for months now. For quite a while it didn't interest me but as it went on it became more interesting. Then for aboslutely no reason we introduce JBL to the fued. Introduced for the sole reason that the JBL/Jericho fued just died before originally planned, and so they needed something for JBL to do, so they just threw him into this party. Now we get crap about Finlay being Hornswoggle's father. WTF. This should of been McMahon/Finlay at WM.

MITB - Too many top wrestlers are being wasted by putting them in this match. Jericho should be in singles competition for a start. 8 men is too much for a ladder match in my opinion; 6 should suffice. Also MVP just qualified for this match by winning at a house show. So there goes any hope of MVP v Matt. And incidentally Matt recently returned at a houseshow in a segment involving MVP, so WTF was that about.

Umaga v Batista - Oh dear. If ever a match screamed of '2 guys with nothing to do so lets throw them together' then this is it. No one cares about this, and the fans certainly don't care about the RAW v SD part of it.

Bunny Mania tag match - ...yes. Why couldn't we just have a women's title match. Beth Pheonix v whoever.

HBK v Flair - Can't complain about this so far.

Wrestlemania should have matches that are the culmination of long feuds, or dream matches we haven't seen before. So many of this year matches have either no build at all, or have simply been thrown together at the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

To be fair all the matches should be good matches(excluding Diva and JBL/Finlay if they don't throw a gimmick on to it) but the build has been dreadful.

With 3 weeks to go until WM and the lack of any talk about the actual wrestling itself speaks alot as far as I am concered. The build has been crap so far. Now I am going to rant:

Cena/Orton/HHH is simply a case of them telling each other backstage they don't like each other, with RAW ending with one of them hitting the others with their finishing move. Not good enough for the build up to the Main Event.

to be fair the build for Cena/HBK last year had neither man touch each other for weeks prior until the raw before Wrestlelmania, its painfully obvious that HHH is winning though but it should be a decent match

Edge v Undertaker has had absolutey no build at all. All that we've seen is Edge saying he is going win, and then having a 3 on 1 match on SD.

This was the BIG match for me this year, Edge is the star of the company imo and Taker is a legend so it screams main event, but no cant have that can we Trips?

Show/Mayweather - WWE seemed to drop the ball considering they couldn't even get the Face/Heel part right. And Mayweathers promos are shockingly bad.

Which is ironic considering how good of a "heel" Mayweather is in real life, at least tonights Raw will have him in person not reading off a cue card on a taped, sorry "live" promo

Finlay/JBL - The whole Finlay/McMahon angle has been building for months now. For quite a while it didn't interest me but as it went on it became more interesting. Then for aboslutely no reason we introduce JBL to the fued. Introduced for the sole reason that the JBL/Jericho fued just died before originally planned, and so they needed something for JBL to do, so they just threw him into this party. Now we get crap about Finlay being Hornswoggle's father. WTF. This should of been McMahon/Finlay at WM.

This angle makes absolutely NO sense, McMahon and Finlay have been talking for months about their "agreement" what that finlay is really the father and he conspired with one of the Mcmahons to make Vince believe he was? erm WHY? its of no benefit to anyone, esp poor hornswoggle:D

MITB - Too many top wrestlers are being wasted by putting them in this match. Jericho should be in singles competition for a start. 8 men is too much for a ladder match in my opinion; 6 should suffice. Also MVP just qualified for this match by winning at a house show. So there goes any hope of MVP v Matt. And incidentally Matt recently returned at a houseshow in a segment involving MVP, so WTF was that about.

agreed, 6 men is plenty, watching last years MITB in person you really see how many guys are hanging around waiting for their spots when we cant see them on tv, Matt and MVP could have stole the show

Umaga v Batista - Oh dear. If ever a match screamed of '2 guys with nothing to do so lets throw them together' then this is it. No one cares about this, and the fans certainly don't care about the RAW v SD part of it.

Is it wrong that im actually looking forward to this? depite Batista needing Undertaker to drag a decent performance out of him this could be Umagas big moment, if they let them go at it and kick the living **** out of each other it could be great, should be made no dq

Bunny Mania tag match - ...yes. Why couldn't we just have a women's title match. Beth Pheonix v whoever.

piss break/merch buying opportunity

HBK v Flair - Can't complain about this so far.

THe match im looking forward to most of all, i dont care that Flair will suck as always its the aftermath this ppv will be remembered for, they had better give him the sendoff he deserves

Wrestlemania should have matches that are the culmination of long feuds, or dream matches we haven't seen before. So many of this year matches have either no build at all, or have simply been thrown together at the last minute.

indeed

The build up isn't great - In saying that, I enjoyed Raw last night. I felt more excited about Mania after watching it! I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet!

• Advertisement
Advertisement